Sitar

Lorde

3 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

SOLAR POWER ALBUM OUT SUMMER

Summer or Fall? (Which would be Spring in NZ) 

fall would be perfect for her hemisphere but kinda weird for the rest of us, maybe? I guess it depends if the rest of the album has that summer vibe. 

15 minutes ago, Foxes said:

yall are some hateful ass phagz oh my god...

Well look at the bashing on Lana when the site is literally called LanaBoards… Lorde sure will get the toilet treatment no matter what she puts out :lmao:

50 minutes ago, 400lux said:

I listened to ...At The Holiday Party since everyone was comparing it to Solar Power and omg...............jack deserves jailtime 

never heard that song before and just listened too... it's literally a fucking replica. jack needs to stop recycling. i'm actually annoyed at this point. :crossed:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

34 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

never heard that song before and just listened too... it's literally a fucking replica. jack needs to stop recycling. i'm actually annoyed at this point. :crossed:

OMG I just listened too! Whoa. At the Holiday Party has a better arrangement, too. It actually makes sense. 

really underwhelmed and disappointed with this lead single... but that's how it goes with every album she's released, for me - so I'm still looking forward to the album and expecting the rest of the songs to be better than this one. really bored with jack as well, I don't understand why he's such a popular producer these days...

14417469274.gif

jack's recycling is nothing new, really. i've always noticed it. you can really tell that some melodrama's instrumentals sounds like they belong in bleachers' gone now (and vice versa). he also loves to blatantly steal robyn's dancing on my own sound in some of his work and keeps reusing the same beat over and over (i.e. supercut and st. vincent's fast slow disco). for me, mr. jackoff is nothing but an overpriced, overhyped and not-yet-rapist dr. luke, in a sense that they both stick to a formula and worn the fuck out of it

1 hour ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

really underwhelmed and disappointed with this lead single... but that's how it goes with every album she's released, for me - so I'm still looking forward to the album and expecting the rest of the songs to be better than this one. really bored with jack as well, I don't understand why he's such a popular producer these days...

I think Jack has a very easygoing, friendly personality compared to all the other producers which is why they always come back to him and even join him on his Bleachers albums. 

I hear Malay will only be on a few tracks. The majority is Jack produced. 

get ready for that Jack sophomore slump

Oh I didn't know she had a new song out ! I like it (first listen). I mean, is it what I would pick as a new single after a semi long hiatus, probably not. But it's cute, light, surely something I could listen to as I'm reading on the beach... 

The music video has a pretty color palette, as well. Two questions, though:

- What is the symbolism behind her saying no to the golden horn ?
- Why is she smoking fennel ? 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I remember at one point she said she was learning how to play the piano and how to produce and I think i naively hoped this album would be self produced but maybe the next one has potential to be. 

i just want to see what she's like without anyone else in the room ( though i'm still excited for the malay tracks specifically ) 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

21 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

I remember at one point she said she was learning how to play the piano and how to produce and I think i naively hoped this album would be self produced but maybe the next one has potential to be. 

i just want to see what she's like without anyone else in the room ( though i'm still excited for the malay tracks specifically ) 

I thought she said she'd spend 5 years self-producing the follow-up to Melodrama. Jack ruined that plan smh :scream:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

8 hours ago, 400lux said:

I listened to ...At The Holiday Party since everyone was comparing it to Solar Power and omg...............jack deserves jailtime 

Omg is true, they sound so much alike. Fuck Jack.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"