Sitar

Lorde

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

I am very into this new direction for her- it is sort of a left turn and I’m expecting the full

experience of the album to come together and really shine as a collection. I will take this over the over-produced void to st Vincent’s latest album any day.

I don’t get the hype around St Vincent, I like a few of her songs but many are such a mess.

Spoiler

It’s a alright song, nothing spectacular. Does sound like a NFR left over. Lana’s California is waaay better. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

this is exactly what i was expecting from lorde, or anyone working with antonoff lately tbh, he's so predictable :whatever2:

Spoiler

i also think it's more taylor sounding than NFR

To me this sounds like a mix between nfr and the verses remind me of some of the songs from daddy's home. While i can definitely see why some of you may be disappointed by that, i'm not at all. those two albums are two of my favs and i can't wait for lorde to follow in their footsteps

love the storytelling on the song. i wonder if this is about a relationship or about the love she received as a celebrity in hollywood.. maybe both?  

3 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

Um

this album is going to be whack as hell. WTF. 

I don’t even mind the direction, in theory I should love it. It’s just how painfully bland and lifeless it all seems so far…..

it’s only two songs so maybe it gets better but idk. Why wait 5 years to release…this

People who heard the complete album don’t rank Solar Power or California top tier, so I have faith the other songs will be better. Mood Ring is said to be def better. 

I agree with you that something is missing in those songs. Like both songs get more interesting at the end. They’re both watered down NFR X COCC. 

You know y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment with the way y'all are hyping up mood ring, right? like, based on solar power (song) and california, the direction of this album is pretty clear to me. I don't think mood ring is gonna give y'all what y'all want from miss lorde

california is what i expected solar power (the single) to sound like production-wise...she's kinda cute!

i'm just confused about the release of this album...melodrama's rollout felt unnecessarily dragged out and i fear solar power will follow the same fate. there was so much hype around the leak/single release and now it's all gone. she should've released the album sometime in the middle of this month :awkney2:

Spoiler

I like California better than Solar Power. I just wished that part with more music lasted for a little more, it feels like it vanishes away too soon.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: