Sitar

Lorde

3 minutes ago, melodrama said:

this rollout made some new stans unstan her....

Rightfully so. "Solar Power" is a grower (even though it's still a weak track IMO) but there is just nothing that would motivate me to keep on listening to it or be excited about the album.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

43 minutes ago, melodrama said:

this rollout made some new stans unstan her....

the fact that this era brought new stans at all is amazing to me since lorde doesn't seem to engage much with her audience, which i find quite dumb and annoying but anyways...

1 hour ago, Honeysuckle said:

the fact that this era brought new stans at all is amazing to me since lorde doesn't seem to engage much with her audience, which i find quite dumb and annoying but anyways...

‘But she sends out emails to her fans’ lol Maybe Lorde thinks it’s 1999 still. No real reason why she can’t update on twitter and insta. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

It’s a very weird rollout, very similar to Lana’s recent albums, except that Lana decided to do so a little further down the road in her career. I mean, after four years, we all expected something a bit more “intense” from Lorde, at least for promo and singles if some aren’t big fans of the “new sound”.

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s a very weird rollout, very similar to Lana’s recent albums, except that Lana decided to do so a little further down the road in her career. I mean, after four years, we all expected something a bit more “intense” from Lorde, at least for promo and singles if some aren’t big fans of the “new sound”.

It sounds a little basic and not really progressive from her previous music, I know many disagree but Jacks production sounds a bit like left overs or a modified NFR so not very inspired.  I’m sure it will be a solid album but nothing stand out.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It sounds a little basic and not really progressive from her previous music, I know many disagree but Jacks production sounds a bit like left overs or a modified NFR so not very inspired.  I’m sure it will be a solid album but nothing stand out.  

It’s true that nothing sounds revolutionary, but this album will probably be the “summer” record I wanted when Blue Banisters was called RCS. I think Lorde’ s LP will probably sound better as a whole, with tracks sounding a bit “off” taken separately. 

13 minutes ago, melodrama said:

are we sure Stoned is still coming this week ? does iTunes starting show length for a track always means it's dropping ?

?‍♂️

the fact that it was supposedly included on the New Music playlist from Apple Music but didn’t show up looks a lot like what happened with White Dress, and I guess her plans have changed from initial release. 

3 hours ago, melodrama said:

are we sure Stoned is still coming this week ? does iTunes starting to show length for a track always means it's dropping ?

it's definitely coming, when the length for a track on an album shows without the rest of the album on itunes, it means that song is coming very soon

also Mr S (insider) on ATRL said "looks like it's coming next week" last week - so probably this friday with it being a full moon

Honestly, I get that people are tired of Jack's production but ms prettier jesus needs to take some of the heat too :deadbanana: considering this song/album was co-produced by Jack also (and Kevin has literally said Venice Bitch inspired this entire whole album), I can hear the NFR production but it's a lot more interesting/unique than the direction Lorde seems to be taking. it still confuses me though because Melodrama was great and definitely unique to Lorde's sound imo (also am I the only person that hears more Taylor than Lana in these singles?? can't just be me :toofunny:)

sgopYhV.gif