Sitar

Lorde

I’m having a fight with my sister who stand Lorde hardcore about SATNS sounding or not like Lana... Help me get arguments please lol for me if you changed the voice it would be a Lana song

ZKcaooE.png

I think that if Solar Power would have been released before CoCC, the discussion would be vice versa.

That's the problem me and many others had with Chemtrails . Unlike NFR, where you could really hear how Lana and Jack influenced each other and created something new, CoCC's production sounded interchangeable, like something that was slapped on the songs because there was no other option/ idea and not because it actually fit them. The same seems to be the case with Solar Power.

Melodrama was a very fruitful moment for Lorde and Jack,  so she came back to him for SP. But since she seemingly lacks inspiration and a clear vision this time around, Jack just did his bread-and-butter production and the results are mediocre at best. It's kind of sad, because this was supposed to be a big comeback, but maybe Lorde's just over music/ not in the right mood for it rn?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

wow it finally happened, lorde lost all her hype... on LFL anniversary! how ironic. my 2017 self that fought lorde stans everyday would be very happy... then why i'm not? lorde girl step up c'mon you can do better

4 hours ago, honey dew said:

Jack is so wrawng for letting all these girls rip off Lana it's so sick and twisted

so true, it actually devalues nfr now when it used to be quite an organic sound, now it'll lose it's ability to stand the test of time because jack just couldn't let go of his shitty horns

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

so true, it actually devalues nfr now when it used to be quite an organic sound, now it'll lose it's ability to stand the test of time because jack just couldn't let go of his shitty horns

I think NFR's actually safe. Although it features many of the elements Jack overuses now, it still has a very unique spark that stemmed from the spark of inspiration triggered by the chemistry him and Lana still had back then.

I just think that most of the follow-ups  - like CoCC and Solar Power - really howcase an era of "I don't know what interesting stuff we could do with those songs so let's just take the easy route and stick to the procedure-as-usual".

Pitchfork sort of shaded her and Jack in the review of the new single lol:

"But her swings at profundity fall short—she is stoned, after all—and the understated production feels eerily reminiscent of another Jack Antonoff joint, Lana Del Rey’s Chemtrails Over the Country Club."

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I only come on here around release times of my absolute favs (charli and lorde mainly), so not too much. But i have to say, everytime i've been on here for more than 2 consecutive days, i have to leave. You guys are sooo dramatic, its insane. You guys are literally so dramatic, wtf. This new track is obviously a track that will suite better in the context of the album. i bet if this was released with the whole album at the same time y'all would say 'omg yas queen SATNS is giving me wild at heart. yasss slay queeen blablabla.'. But just because this song is released as a promo single (not even real single, it doesn't have a music video), you guys write off this entire album as a nfr copycat. What about solar power (song) sounds nfr?

guess now is my time to make a statement about leaving a toxic environment but i'll be back the moment something else leaks or is announced ? 

15 minutes ago, abeloostertje said:

I only come on here around release times of my absolute favs (charli and lorde mainly), so not too much. But i have to say, everytime i've been on here for more than 2 consecutive days, i have to leave. You guys are sooo dramatic, its insane. You guys are literally so dramatic, wtf. This new track is obviously a track that will suite better in the context of the album. i bet if this was released with the whole album at the same time y'all would say 'omg yas queen SATNS is giving me wild at heart. yasss slay queeen blablabla.'. But just because this song is released as a promo single (not even real single, it doesn't have a music video), you guys write off this entire album as a nfr copycat. What about solar power (song) sounds nfr?

guess now is my time to make a statement about leaving a toxic environment but i'll be back the moment something else leaks or is announced ? 

It's fascinating how you found a way to complain about people being overly dramatic, negative and toxic in an extremely dramatic, toxic and negative way. You should try Instragram-fandom

Talk about dramatic, huh...

6439b9aa1669b2edfd25c8e3d5ed7393.gif

Anyway, I'm so excited for Mood Ring! This track wasn't it for me, but I still have high hopes for the rest of the record.

1 hour ago, mintconfetti said:

Maybe she should have just dropped the whole thing in one go…. both songs could have sounded better in the context of the album. 

100% with you on that one. The songs will be probably sound better as a whole rather than taken separately. 

The whole point of releasing a single is that it is one of the most stand out tracks of a record being pushed to the public to promote the album - so saying to give it a chance because it’ll sound better within the album doesn’t actually matter because it has failed in its job as being a single. Nobody new to Lorde’s music is going to hear SATNS and pre-order the album. A single is supposed to bring in new people, and keep existing fans excited. This has failed at both imo.

"Trust No One"    Lana Del Rey

tumblr_owv21uOCEo1w9j89lo1_500.gif

this era is bad, we just gotta accept it. maybe the album in full will make sense, who knows? but for now it's just meh.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Lorde is not copying Lana. It's all Jack's fault. He's the one who co-writes with them and decided to use the same sound for both artists, especially because Lorde probably didn't even heard COCC when she was writing SP.

Antonoff's sound was always generic for me, but this time he took it to another new level. Lorde deserved better