Sitar

Lorde

The production on her two new singles is so boring :(Β such a shame because the production on Pure Heroine and Melodrama was goodΒ 

Β 

Jack Antonoff became a boring producer sinceΒ NFR got released I fear. I likedΒ his songs on 1989, Reputation, and Melodrama thoughΒ 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

I hate to break it to some of ya, but per her email this song was written 2 years agoβ€”so it likely precedes Wild At Heart….just sayin.Β 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

I hate to break it to some of ya, but per her email this song was written 2 years agoβ€”so it likely precedes Wild At Heart….just sayin.Β 

Oh trust me, most of the people on here wouldn’t let the thought of SATNS being made before WAH/Hope,Β cross their minds even if they were paid to do so

10 minutes ago, Mer said:

Β 

3 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

Oh trust me, most of the people on here wouldn’t let the thought of SATNS being made before WAH/Hope,Β cross their minds even if they were paid to do so

Β 

Hope is a dangerous thing was recorded 3.5 years agoΒ :)

Imagine having almost 4 years to craft an album, being a good lyricist, having the backing vocals of the amazing Phoebe and Clairo and then suddenly having the production being ruined by Jack.

Poor Lorde, poor stans

Hikaru UtadaΒ β€’ BANKSΒ β€’ Rina SawayamaΒ β€’ Aly & AJΒ β€’ MARINAΒ β€’ BjΓΆrkΒ β€’ Kate BushΒ β€’ Marion RavnΒ β€’ Carly Rae JepsenΒ β€’
Hilary DuffΒ β€’ Charli XCXΒ β€’ The CardigansΒ β€’ MitskiΒ β€’ Phoebe BridgersΒ β€’ Allie XΒ β€’ Caroline PolachekΒ β€’ Meg & Dia β€’Β Dia FramptonΒ β€’ Olivia LufkinΒ β€’Β PoppyΒ β€’ GrimesΒ β€’ Melanie MartinezΒ β€’ Lana Del ReyΒ β€’ Bat for LashesΒ β€’ Ayumi HamasakiΒ Β β€’ Paramore β€’ Hayley WilliamsΒ β€’Β Evanescence/Amy LeeΒ β€’ ACOΒ β€’ LIGHTSΒ β€’ Alexz JohnsonΒ β€’ Avril LavigneΒ β€’ FlorrieΒ β€’ Flyleaf/Lacey SturmΒ β€’ Tove LoΒ β€’ Sky Ferreira β€’ HANAΒ β€’ DaineΒ β€’ FoxesΒ β€’ CHVRCHESΒ β€’ Lorde

Β 

4 hours ago, CyberKid said:

Β 

It's not a matter of what song was conceived first, it's a matter of these singers letting Jack come up with uninspiring productions on their records, it's clear Lorde didn't copy Lana and vice versa.Β 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

It just happens that Lorde's songs are the last ones in terms of being released and this sound is already old because it's the 7th album in a string of similar sounding album produced by Jack, but it's just bad timing.Β 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Somehow these singles are really reaffirming why NFR is so legendary. Not even in terms of direct influence on lorde, just in hearing elements of its sound elsewhere makes me appreciate how well Lana did it two years ago lol. NFR is like the BTD of the late 2010s/early 2020s, a brilliantly crafted seminal precursor/inspiration to a new string of alt-pop albums that adopt that sound, heralding a new paradigm in the genre etc.

Β 

I feel like we're definitely in the midst of this very particular chill/folky/surfy sparse sunshine scene of alt-pop music right now that people are gonna look back on in like five years and reminisce over the same way people look back to 2011-2014 and reminisce over albums like BTD, pure heroine, electra heart, etcΒ 

Β 

I think california is the best song of solar power so far anyhow

FmgKWb8.gif?1 Β  Β Β HNqlJGD.gif

1 hour ago, theviolence said:

Somehow these singles are really reaffirming why NFR is so legendary. Not even in terms of direct influence on lorde, just in hearing elements of its sound elsewhere makes me appreciate how well Lana did it two years ago lol. NFR is like the BTD of the late 2010s/early 2020s, a brilliantly crafted seminal precursor/inspiration to a new string of alt-pop albums that adopt that sound, heralding a new paradigm in the genre etc.

Β 

I feel like we're definitely in the midst of this very particular chill/folky/surfy sparse sunshine scene of alt-pop music right now that people are gonna look back on in like five years and reminisce over the same way people look back to 2011-2014 and reminisce over albums like BTD, pure heroine, electra heart, etcΒ 

Β 

I think california is the best song of solar power so far anyhow

Β 

Totally agree with you except for the last phrase (which is more like personal thing) but i think the biggest accomplishment that Lana got during the whole NFR promotion was, somehow, detaching herself from the sadgirl / suicide persona that she generated accidentally and tried to reverse w LFL but couldnt. Ever since it i see her more like a mature/ adult contemporary folk-esqueΒ artist (i.e. Jewel) and Lorde is definitely delving into it with this new record, intentionally or not

Lana did detach herself from the sadgirl suicide persona with NFR, agreed 100%. Its influence on popculture or anything else -- not at all. This album would've made no difference to the world, trust me. Comparing it to a cultural phenomenon that Born to Die was is a joke. And the fact that Jack is recycling the same material over and over says nothing about LanaΒ really, he did the same with Melodrama and 'New York' by St. Vincent before working with her. This just happens with producers who get to work with so many different artists. We could also say that Rick Nowels had a similar impact on Lana Del Rey, Marina, Lykke Li and Madonna, but just because Madonna was the first with Ray of Light to work with him doesn't make Madonna's Ray of Light responsible for Lust for Life or Electra Heart. Nowels, however, never madeΒ sound repetitive. Antonoff though... I didn't like NFR to begin with, but now what was unique of that project is becoming generic in the music industry and for me makes it lose its value.Β This is not good at all. Hope the Pitchfork says something about it. Anyway enjoy this kinda exaggerated memeΒ I made today.

Β 

unknown.png?width=714&height=630

original.gif

here i go again describing my personal dream collabs when no one cares but

i dont know about you guys but I would've died for a Sufjan Stevens/Thomas BartlettΒ production instead of a J.A. one in this new record. my brain sizzles w excitementΒ just by thinking Lorde singing something akin to 'Fourth Of July' by him... as a matter of fact, when i read that SATNS was a ballad, that was the instrumental inspiration that i instantly got

12 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Hope the Pitchfork says something about it.

Β 

unknown.png?width=714&height=630

Β 

Pitchfork did!Β 

Β 

"her swings at profundity fall shortβ€”she is stoned, after allβ€”and the understated production feels eerily reminiscent of another Jack Antonoff joint,Β Lana Del Rey’sΒ Chemtrails Over the Country Club"Β :bebe:

Β 

See:Β https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lorde-stoned-at-the-nail-salon/Β 

mUENGN9.png

11 hours ago, expandableclitoris said:

here i go again describing my personal dream collabs when no one cares but

i dont know about you guys but I would've died for a Sufjan Stevens/Thomas BartlettΒ production instead of a J.A. one in this new record. my brain sizzles w excitementΒ just by thinking Lorde singing something akin to 'Fourth Of July' by him... as a matter of fact, when i read that SATNS was a ballad, that was the instrumental inspiration that i instantly got

Β 

Sufjan is more likeΒ Β Β a male LDR than Lorde.

<3 their voices would go so well together.Β 

Β 

Or Lana and GREGORY alan isakov.Β 

Β 

Lorde should collab with Troye orΒ  B0rns