Sitar

Lorde

2 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

I think they were only referring to the 2 bonus tracks?

nah someone today said that: “Had the (dis)pleasure of listening to this last night. What a horrible record. Listening to it is like watching paint dry.”

3 minutes ago, melodrama said:

nah someone today said that: “Had the (dis)pleasure of listening to this last night. What a horrible record. Listening to it is like watching paint dry.”

Oh. Maybe it will be nice it listen to in Autumn ?

18 minutes ago, melodrama said:

I still have hope :rip:

42 minutes ago, melodrama said:

FearlessCookedArcherfish-size_restricted

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

NGL i hope this album is bad cause i wanna see lorde stans bend over backwards to justify it and explain how an acoustic stripped down guitar ballad is actually a masterpiece :toofloppy: like that is so funny 

28 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

NGL i hope this album is bad cause i wanna see lorde stans bend over backwards to justify it and explain how an acoustic stripped down guitar ballad is actually a masterpiece :toofloppy: like that is so funny 

I hope we don't pretend to like it, that's the worst case scenario

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

607E3C95-621A-4FC4-A378-5AD75810B811.thu

lABVyGE.png

“I haven’t made a Jack Antonoff record,” she told NYT in an interview about her upcoming album, Solar Power. “I’ve made a Lorde record and he’s helped me make it and very much deferred to me on production and arrangement. Jack would agree with this. To give him that amount of credit is frankly insulting.”

dU41Hup.png

giphy.gif

remember how everyone was talking about what a flop the new billie record was and then it came out and they were like "oh it's actually good"...

obviously idk how i'll feel about the album– i think SP is good (not great) but looooved stoned at the nail salon– but it seems at LEAST as likely as not that it won't be a "flop."

:smokes:

aOaIzH2.gif

So far I’m on the fence how I think this album will be for me because I absolutely love lorde always have but solar power kind of got boring once the excitement of lordes return wore off and then I heard California and was like oh sh*t this is kinda boring but stoned at the nail salon I love and reignited my anticipation so fingers crossed the songs will be better in context with the album :dance: im hopeful ??

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, melodrama said:

So many people has the album now, they're playing it to each other for nudes.... I wish i was this lucky

1JmYKRh.jpg

I’m fairly certain he’s making fun of how eclipse always talks about his sex life whenever he discusses unleaked stuff :rip: they dont have it I don’t think  

How hard is it for Lorde to send her fans an email in a predictable cadence? pls I'm parched. All I can wish for at this point is a track-by-track commentary like it was for Melodrama.

That NYT article was interesting. Just some of my thoughts...

• "Even now, with the obligations piling up ahead of “Solar Power,” Lorde scheduled a weeklong beach vacation with friends, and used a scheduled interview as an occasion to multitask, walking to buy a tote bag full of nice cheese for the trip." :biblio: You can do that any time in the down years...
  • Talking about fame, ha Chemtrails era
  • I think it's interesting Lorde tamps down at people idolizing her. I don't think she enjoys the spotlight being a "cult leader" (see Solar Power MV vibes) brings but I feel like that's what her fanbase is and that's what makes her unique? Clearly there are things worth worshipping Lorde about--such as her gift to concisely speak to emotions/experiences and Solar Power so far feels less emotionally charged which makes me worried. Oh well.