Sitar

Lorde

i told y'all mood ring is giving california early 2000s acoustic tease 

i still don't understand why it's so short... she could've easily sneaked a bridge in and then have a more explosive chorus at the end 

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

It sounds exactly like solar power how are you guys acting like this is that much different :rip: 

no they don't.. also mr is in a minor key solar power in a major key 

Best single off the album yet! 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

BlackoutZone said the album is "wordy unmelodic garbage". :oprah2:

… that‘s harsh. SP is cute and even if you dont like the other songs (like me)- they‘re not that bad :crossed:

14 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

BlackoutZone said the album is "wordy unmelodic garbage". :oprah2:

Lol love him to death, but I rarely share his tastes in music (didn’t he say LMLYLAW reminded him of Fine China?!? Like the first piano bars maybe… ). Mood Ring is very good :) 

36 minutes ago, Theo said:

I think it is the same as with Billie. They left the best singles for couple of days before the album launch to create more buzz and promote the record better. 

I truly hope so even tho i kinda enjoyed SP, i ADORE Stoned, and Mood is also very strong for my taste personally. Love the Jewel/Natasha Bedingfield vibes. 

so I turn but I learn not to turn into a wildfire 

to light up your night 

with only a smile and nothing that burns

jA3GJUb.gif

6 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I think that the vocal buildup in Mood Ring sounds like the melody of the "Saviour..." part from The Path could follow 

See for yourself: hum the final part of the pre-chorus and then the chorus of The Path. They fit so well I don't know if it's good or bad

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

9 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

See for yourself: hum the final part of the pre-chorus and then the chorus of The Path. They fit so well I don't know if it's good or bad

I love it. The tracks we've heard are all so cohesive. They're clearly from this same magical universe. You can tell she's put a lot of work into it :flutter: