Sitar

Lorde

Reviews from people who've heard the album on ATRL: 

Spoiler

I got to hear the album earlier today (I don’t have the files so don’t even ask) so here’s what I thought.

Out of the songs we haven’t heard yet (minus California and The Path) the most accessible ones are Fallen Fruit and Secrets from a Girl. Fallen Fruit has absolutely beautiful melodies and is a bit on the slow side. Secrets sounds like the outro of Solar Power. These were my favorite two.

Most people are going to be turned off by tracks 7-10. Axe is a bit of a chore to get through but will most likely be a grower. However, Dominoes and Big Star sound like the same song, very heavy on folk influences and are more stripped back / bare than Stoned. They sound like concept demos. In my opinion, the tracks should’ve been combined into one.

Leader of a New Regime is easily the worst song on the entire project. How this made the final tracklist over the deluxe tracks I’m unsure  I’m sure many of y’all will agree with me once the album is out (quote me). The melodies are jarring. I’ll be surprised if people actually like the song.

Oceanic Feeling: people will either love or hate this song. I personally loved it but it is on the slow side. There is a build up but there is no explosion. There’s a bit of a switch up at the very end with some of Jack Antonoff’s vocals.

If you liked the singles, you will like Secrets and Fallen Fruit. If you didn’t like the singles, you will hate the entire album.

And 

Spoiler

i would say its more like: if you like SATNS you will like the whole album. if you only enjoyed Solar Power and Mood Ring you will only enjoy The Path, Fallen Fruit and Secrets

the fact that the bonus tracks are better than half of the standard and they're still extremely boring and go nowhere

46 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Reviews from people who've heard the album on ATRL: 

Reveal hidden contents

I got to hear the album earlier today (I don’t have the files so don’t even ask) so here’s what I thought.

Out of the songs we haven’t heard yet (minus California and The Path) the most accessible ones are Fallen Fruit and Secrets from a Girl. Fallen Fruit has absolutely beautiful melodies and is a bit on the slow side. Secrets sounds like the outro of Solar Power. These were my favorite two.

Most people are going to be turned off by tracks 7-10. Axe is a bit of a chore to get through but will most likely be a grower. However, Dominoes and Big Star sound like the same song, very heavy on folk influences and are more stripped back / bare than Stoned. They sound like concept demos. In my opinion, the tracks should’ve been combined into one.

Leader of a New Regime is easily the worst song on the entire project. How this made the final tracklist over the deluxe tracks I’m unsure  I’m sure many of y’all will agree with me once the album is out (quote me). The melodies are jarring. I’ll be surprised if people actually like the song.

Oceanic Feeling: people will either love or hate this song. I personally loved it but it is on the slow side. There is a build up but there is no explosion. There’s a bit of a switch up at the very end with some of Jack Antonoff’s vocals.

If you liked the singles, you will like Secrets and Fallen Fruit. If you didn’t like the singles, you will hate the entire album.

And 

Hide contents

i would say its more like: if you like SATNS you will like the whole album. if you only enjoyed Solar Power and Mood Ring you will only enjoy The Path, Fallen Fruit and Secrets

the fact that the bonus tracks are better than half of the standard and they're still extremely boring and go nowhere

Spoiler

I’m honestly excited to hear leader of a new regime because of how absolutely terrible it must be based on how people have described it so far :rip: 

57 minutes ago, COCC said:

Really? I‘ve seen so many fans asking her if she liked Lana during the premiere... which is the wrong occasion for such a question. But I only watched it for 10 minutes because she started promoting a random perfume and explaining how she likes coffee :rip:

Yes... they said horrible things about Lana..

How she is a flop artist..how she is a racist..how Lorde ended Lana..

I had high expectations as well because i really loved her previous work and the production of her albums . I am still in love with the production in Melodrama and PH and i keep finding small details with every listen . I am really excited to listen to the album , it’s just that the singles didn’t excite me as much as i expected . I liked Mood ring and Solar Power but not so much Stoned . I am a little bit torn atm 
i don’t want to be a mood killer it’s just that after these albums i would like to see a richer production from my favorite artists . I am hoping that with the end of the pandemic that will probably happen again.

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

sorry i don’t feel like going through the other pages so i don’t know if this has been discussed yet. the digital codes that come with the music box apparently can be updated live with anything she decides to ‘tack on’ to the rest of the album — is this true ? oomf said there’s already an EXTRA song in the download code from the music box

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

6 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

sorry i don’t feel like going through the other pages so i don’t know if this has been discussed yet. the digital codes that come with the music box apparently can be updated live with anything she decides to ‘tack on’ to the rest of the album — is this true ? oomf said there’s already an EXTRA song in the download code from the music box

Really? That would be so cool

IMG_5797.thumb.JPG.3afda7ff457b085fd187d

15 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

yup, the code will initially be used to download the album and two bonus tracks but throughout the album cycle it will be updated with exclusive performances, demos and merch only available to people with the membership code

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

I can already see the pretentious gays trashing people who think melodrama’s better cause acoustic stripped down = artistically superior in their minds

To each its own, I guess. I doubt this album will be more acclaimed than Melodrama. As of now, my fave from her remains Pure Heroin. Melodrama is divisive for me: some songs I love, others I don’t and it lacks the lyric genius of PH in many songs in my mind. As a whole, I’ll probably prefer SP to MD, but not because of the « acoustic superiority » (some of the ATRL reviews got me worried for the last tracks of the album), and an acoustic song can be very wrong if the lyrics aren’t it (only reason why miss Del Rey can pull so many of them off). 

Heard the album and I wanted to share my thoughts:

- Fallen Fruit is a career highlight.

- The Man with an Axe, Big Star and Leader of a New Regime are a chore to get through. The melodies are non-existent :toofunny:

- I personally love Dominoes but I can tell it'll be a divisive song. Very folk 

- Oceanic Feeling is beautiful despite the opportunity of ending the song coming in at around 4 minutes.

- The deluxe tracks are some of my favourites on the album, could've easily replaced half of the standard IMO. 

The album as a whole isn't bad as people are making it out to be, but it's not hippie or psychedelic at all, just very toned down as we've heard with the other songs.  

giphy.gif

Solar Power will be a cute summer record, very chill and simple. I loved the singles she released (+ California :troll:). Haven’t listened to The Path yet cause I’m waiting for the whole album to be released (or leaked :troll:) but I know this is going to be one of my favorite albums or 2021

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy