Sitar

Lorde

I really don’t like the end of secrets from a girl….it’s cringe.  But I do like the album it’s an 8 or 8.5 at the moment,  Will post my review of each song when I’ve digested the album enough.

P.S critics giving this 2 have no musical intelligence …no way is it that bad. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

18 minutes ago, lamms said:

COTCC stands out because of Lana's vocals and her melodies with like the first 6 songs being absolutely no skips imo. Whereas with Solar Power it's really miss or hit and sadly she isn't on pair with COTCC, because the tracks blend in too much. Couldn't she tell Jack to use more variation in instrumentation? Halfway through it gets kinda boring in regards to the production. It's very shallow in general, like idk I don't believe her with whatever she's singing about. 4 years and this is what she came up with? Diasspointed tbh, but that's on me. 

All in all I love Mood Ring, The Fallen Fruit (that guitar solo and bridge (yumm??)), California's chorus and maybe some other songs will grow on me :eartha2: COTCC clicked immediately tho

Yeah, I’m sorry but I agree, esp w that bolded part. Even if the sound isn’t your thing, most of the tracks do sound alike. Also, Chemtrails doesn’t even have the same sound lmao you can’t compare both of those records bc the only thing they share is that they both fall under acoustic-ish, SP being mostly acoustic/breezy/chill whereas COCC has folk-ish vibes. 
Again, not saying the album is bad, it’s just not for me, and it’s totally valid if you feel this way, or not, bc y’know all this shit is subjective lmao 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

wait The Man With the Axe is literally top tier here wtf I love it?? a lot of the songs here remind me of 90s/2000s acoustic stuff. there's something about it that's really charming and listening to it while being 22 is something else. i wish i had a specific artist to compare it to, maybe like a (REALLY) mellow flaming lips song?

sgopYhV.gif

well critics aren’t too happy with this album (not that i care) :bebe: but it does worry me. i really hope i like this album. the singles have been great  so far and mood ring resonates nostalgia for me i can’t explain it. i think this might be one of those albums that’s not critically acclaimed but is an underground gem. :dua:

or this could just be her flop era and everyone will end up hating this album :sadcore4:

either way i’m buying the vinyl :lolliney:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I’m at Big Star rn and I’m sorry, but this album is gorgeous. I like it at least as much as Pure Heroine and anyone who expected SP to top Melodrama has either never heard the album or is delusional lol. 

And that’s okay, it serves its purpose well in L’s discography

so my thoughts are:

- much better than Melodrama, but less addictive

- favs besides the singles: Fallen Fruit (the highlight for me, i dont get why they didnt make this the first single or at least the 2nd :biblio:), Secrets, The Man, Oceanic Feelings, Hold No Grudge

- Lyrically i think its her weakest one

- The Man sounds like something Alex Turner or Beach House would sing as a closing track

- Her new aesthetic is 'green juice moodboard girl' and i dont like it at all but girl we'll keep pretending we do! :popcorn::popcorn:

Ok now I predict a 5.6 from pitchfork lol. Not saying I want that but considering how much they hated Florence’s last record I could see them being equally savage to this one. 

18 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

just read this and it expresses a lot of thoughts i had half-formed in my mind. fully agree w the article

FF tho :party:

mUENGN9.png