Sitar

Lorde

22 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

why is the intro of the path so good and then it turns into solar power 2.0 :noparty:

Ya I would have LOVED for the path to stay as that mysterious, dark and sort of sexy intro with the flute and field noises. It set such an ambiance and environment so quickly too, only for it to just become so bland and sort of one note halfway through. 

I think that’s my problem with a lot of the songs, they have a nice build and then either don’t go anywhere or just default back to that same drum slapping acoustic guitar noodling that just sounds extremely pedestrian and…amateur? Idk. I don’t get what sound they were going for. It’s not quite fully folk, but doesn’t lean into any of the sunshine pop or psychedelic pop influences enough. It’s just like at this weird middle line that leaves it sounding like yogurt commercial music. 

that being said the path is still my favorite moment by far solely because her vocal performance is great and saves the song. Her delivery is very euphoric and uplifting on the end of that song 

Well I finished it aaaaand...I think I want to die.

I genuinely like only The Path, Fallen Fruit, Mood Ring and Oceanic Feeling.

I wouldn't call the rest bad but Solar Power and Secrets From A Girl are more lively but sound the same and the rest is just watered down and tiring to get through :crai:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Spoiler

Bonus tracks sound amazing i gotta admit! "Hold No Grudge" has a very early 2000s feel like "Mood Ring". This album is definitely very cohesive--and that might be the issue. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

OK for one final time I'll say it: I was right to claim Oceanic Feeling, like I do with all the closers. 

It's the song where the most happens and I forgot it was that long. I must have a video 

lorde-mood-ring-music-video.gif

Also I need that deluxe cover in HQ WHERE IS IT

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 hour ago, HunterSThompson said:

You can hear what she was trying to do, but it somehow ends up feeling both directionless and contrived.

Most of them feel like drafts or demos which doesn't help in this particular case.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

ahhh i haven't gotten a tracking email for my blue vinyl, hope it ships ASAP!

me either! actually only refreshing the order page for that one lol. but my music box did ship!

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:

me either! actually only refreshing the order page for that one lol. but my music box did ship!

Same! I’m waiting for my deluxe to ship the music box shipped but not the vinyl yet :wtf3:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

5 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

I dont like Jack shouting randomly in dominoes either.  That was cringe and unwanted 

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Just like him talking randomly a couple words after the chorus in Not All Who Wander Are Lost :eyeroll2: I wonder why would he think it would be a good idea to put his vocals in these songs... like, great you are producing them, but, dude, your watermark? :awk: 

it makes them more ~~HoNeSt~~ <33333

whatarecoloris.jpg