Sitar

Lorde

after listening to solar power for a 2nd time on my way home, i'm growing to really like the album. is it still her best? no. but it's still beautiful and great for summer drives. 

Spoiler

too bad summer will be over for me soon 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

5 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t know how you manage Lana albums then as many of her songs are snooze inducing and boring unless you’re in the mood for them.  

they’re not snooze, i love most of them. the only one i don’t vibe much with is cocc. for the rest lana never was so snooze as solar power, sorry

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I just finished the album, and I gotta say I enjoyed it more than I was expecting! I won't put all my notes here, just my personal rating for each song, my faves and the ones I didn't vibe much lol.

Overall - 8/10.

The Path - 9

Solar Power - 7

California - 8

Stoned at the Nail Salon - 8

Fallen Fruit - 10

Secrets from a Girl (Who's Seen It All) - 6

The Man with the Axe - 10

Dominoes - 6

Big Star - 9

Leader of a New Regime - 7

Mood Ring - 10

Oceanic Feeling - 7

Helen of Troy - 8

Hold No Grudge - 10

Favourites: Hold No Grudge, Fallen Fruit, Mood Ring, The Man with the Axe

Least favourites: Secrets from a Girl (Who's Seen It All), Dominoes, Oceanic Feeling

It's okay if people don't like it - but it's in no way a bad record. Whoever wants a more electropop, radio friendly, intense sounding material from Lorde, can revisit her previous catalog :nails: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

anyone know when the deluxe tracks are coming to streaming

But are they? I thought they were exclusive to the *download card* from the physical edition :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Okay, so my first little listening party with myself is done, here are my thoughts!

The Path is a solid opener! Btw the intro with the guitar makes me think of When The World Was At War. Love that flute! :grinds:

- Solar Power is still kinda meh to me. Not that it's a non-danceable song. I could def dance along to it even though it's not really my piece of... jam.

-  A handful of people called California "horrible" etc, it's not that bad. But the lyrics chorus could have been a lot better than that same line over and over :noparty: Boring. Other than that; I like it. I think.

- "Secrets" sounds like a song that would play in the beginingng of a 00's childrens/tween movie. Kinda Disney-ish.

- The Man With The Axe.... Not sure what to say or to think. Other than imo it's a A VERY COCC-esque track soundwise.

. Umm... not really feeling Dominoes with the first & second listen. (Had to replay it, bcs I zoned out and forgot to pay attention to it the first time listening lmao.)

- Mood Ring - the album highlight (so far) for me. Along with Fallen Fruit, which I instantly liked. :dance:
- Big Star will be a grower... I can feel it.:flutter:

- Leader Of A New Regime doesnt't really deserve all the hate. Not the worst song ever.

- Sort of wierd but despite me liking "Stoned" before, it feels like I no longer care for it, now when the album's out? Lol

- Not sure of what to think of "Ocean Feeling" yet. Except; the drums makes me think of the song Umbrella and atleast the outro's interesting.

The fact that the bonus tracks will not be available on streaming devices (right?:cuteface:) is such a bummer, ugh.:crossed:

+ I wish the album had been released sooner. It's obvioulsy such a a summer album, and where I live it's bascially autumn now ?
I'll probably be back revisiting Melodrama instead of SP for the rest of the year, I fear.

so, I think SP is a okay album. Not bad, but not great either. Yet. It'll probably(/hopefully) grow on me.

My current top 3 are The Path, Fallen Fruit and Mood Ring, it seems.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

4 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

I wish the album had been released sooner. It's obvioulsy such a a summer album, and where I live it's bascially autumn now ?
I'll probably be back revisiting Melodrama instead of SP for the rest of the year, I fear

Ikr...it would've been so much better if it had been released on the summer solstice, preceded by the title track

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

So having heard the whole thing… it’s not bad. Secrets of a Girl is by far my fav, including the Robyn outro. It’s super cute and cheesy but in the best way. 

The string of songs after that tho, dominoes, leader of a new regime, big star, and then one other one that has a name I can’t even remember, they are boring skips. 

9 hours ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

Not lorde giving us Catholic Psychedelic Synth Folk before lana….  Anyways after listening to this glorious record Jack really owes us an apology for putting out chemtrails with rank production when he could do THIS. Absolutely unacceptable 

I totally agree! I believe Jack can do amazing things sometimes; I loved his work actually on Violet. He can make some beautiful soundscapes. Chemtrails would have been gorgeous with production like Solar Power… 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Okay, so I've been listening to the album today and I just have to say.. I'm underwhelmed. I sort of expected this based on what critics & users here were saying, but it's just kind of sad considering this was 4 years in the making. That's not to say it's a bad album per se, it just doesn't live up to her past two works. I think because we all had high expectations based on her previous two albums, both of which were stellar, that's probably why this album falls short in comparison. I'm not sure that I'd give any song on this album anything beyond an 8/10 or even a 7. I've only listened to the album 5 times through, and I think my favourite track is California. I'll give it a few more listens over the next few days before I come back with full thoughts to see if it begins to grow on me, but for right now, I'm just a tad disappointed. This record lacked a true "Wow" moment for me, and that seems to be the case for others as well x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

58 minutes ago, Elle said:

Okay, so I've been listening to the album today and I just have to say.. I'm underwhelmed. I sort of expected this based on what critics & users here were saying, but it's just kind of sad considering this was 4 years in the making. That's not to say it's a bad album per se, it just doesn't live up to her past two works. I think because we all had high expectations based on her previous two albums, both of which were stellar, that's probably why this album falls short in comparison. I'm not sure that I'd give any song on this album anything beyond an 8/10 or even a 7. I've only listened to the album 5 times through, and I think my favourite track is California. I'll give it a few more listens over the next few days before I come back with full thoughts to see if it begins to grow on me, but for right now, I'm just a tad disappointed. This record lacked a true "Wow" moment for me, and that seems to be the case for others as well x

Listen to the bonus tracks! Hold No Grudge sounds like a blend of this record + Melodrama and Helen of Troy has a nice melody! They made me like Solar Power a little bit more

when eclipse first said “stoner album” i was so excited! i set my expectations for like beach house realness. but listening back to the album today in the sun it resonated a lot differently. it’s FOR SURE a grower

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

5 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

The Man with the Axe - 10

YES. A standout. I honestly love the melody on it. I think it's one of her strongest tbh. 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

but it's just kind of sad considering this was 4 years in the making.

I feel like if this album had come out when SP was written (2019) we'd have a very different feeling towards it. This would've been a stellar 2 year follow-up to Melodrama, but underwhelming for a "comeback" moment. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift