Sitar

Lorde

Solar Power is one of the most amazing bodies of work of this year. She came, she served, and she did an amazing job in keeping everything so cohesive. 
The production has what Chemtrails lacked of:  ambience, atmosphere.

It’s obviously not a dance to album, but it has one of the most amazing lyrical compositions that Lorde has ever done.

I’m so amazed by how she made an album with a sunny, beachy fairy vibe, sonically speaking, with a cloudy, dark but conformed energy, lyrically speaking.

She’s a genius.

And I get that most of her fans don’t appreciate it as much as they appreciate Melodrama or Pure Heroine. This album it’s pretty different.

But, it’s AOTY material. In my opinion, of course.

With that being said, my favs so far are The Path, Mood Ring and Oceanic Feeling. 
The perfect Summer Album 

0YnL0Kf.gif

4 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I present to you: Solar Power The Fat-Free edition:

1. Hold No Grudge

2. The Path

3. Solar Power

4. California

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Helen of Troy

7. Dominoes

8. Big Star

9. Mood Ring

10. Oceanic Feeling

I put HNG in the beginning, because someone wrote that thematically it closes Melodrama. 

Now I'm sending you love and wishing you well

Wherever you are

Now she's ready for the sunny healing of Solar Power

you removed the worst song but also removed the best song :barrie:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

10 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

now its really time to leak good fights  i swear?

And all the material she said she did during the Melodrama sessions too :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

you removed the worst song but also removed the best song :barrie:

I wanted to keep Man With an Axe or Secrets From a Girl but I decided to stick to the 8-10 track format.

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

18 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I wanted to keep Man With an Axe or Secrets From a Girl but I decided to stick to the 8-10 track format.

Swap The Man with the Axe with Dominoes :sass: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

now its really time to leak good fights  i swear?

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

And all the material she said she did during the Melodrama sessions too :brows: 

do we know why out of all girls lorde's google drive seems to has the strongest password :creep:

7 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I present to you: Solar Power The Fat-Free edition:

1. Hold No Grudge

2. The Path

3. Solar Power

4. California

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Helen of Troy

7. Dominoes

8. Big Star

9. Mood Ring

10. Oceanic Feeling

I put HNG in the beginning, because someone wrote that thematically it closes Melodrama. 

Now I'm sending you love and wishing you well

Wherever you are

Now she's ready for the sunny healing of Solar Power

but what if no 5 would be Fallen Fruit/Leader of a New Regime(reworked to fit a little bit better sonically to FF) in the same way as Hard Feelings/Loveless is? 

Just listened to Big Star "for real" and I cried. Thinking about my beloved dog that passed last year ?

Such a simple, but yet so emotional track.:cuteface:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

current favs from solar power:

oceanic feeling (literally everything ive ever wanted from her ever since i heard this was going to be a stoner album), secrets, solar power, mood ring and stoned.

my current least favs are the path and fallen fruit. the way she sings on these songs just doesn’t sound nice to me. others seem to have these songs as their favs tho, so maybe i’ll completely do a 180 on them once i get more used to their sound. on the title track she sings quite similar to the path, and that song is one of my favs so who knows, maybe i'll learn to love it.

overall: this album is great. i get why ppl (especially melodrama fanatics) wouldn’t like it. but this album feels like it was made for me at this specific time in my life. i never had a breakup, so melodrama never really clicked for me. solar power feels so much more relatable as 24 year old stoner (hate that word, feels pretentious, but then again, who cares). right now in my life i’m trying to take it a little more slow. i just graduated from my master’s, which left me a little burned out. spending the days this summer smoking weed and soaking in the sun was the perfect preparation for this album i feel.

Also, how in the hell were y'all writing whole essay-type of reviews hours after this came out (or leaked). i feel like i need at least 2 days with any album to even begin to try to put my feelings to words. no album ever clicks for me on first listen and my opinion on first listen literally always changes with more listens

there aren't enough intros on the album. they all cut straight to the chase, and i think that's the #1 problem i have with it, but it's really good. and warm. and heartfelt.

lABVyGE.png

secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll whos seen it äääääääääääääääääääll

secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll whos seen it secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll

secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll whos seen it secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll secrets from a gyrlllllllllllllllll

secrets froma  girl whos seen it all!

QZswAKq.gif

i went to target and they're selling a fucking cd shaped packaging that doesnt include a CD.... what the actual fuck

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I gave it once more chance on my lounge room speakers and thoughts:

- The first half is quite cheery, the second half is as if she got tired and needed a nap

- Secrets from a Girl reminds me of something Taylor would do

- I thought she was singing, "I can make anything with YouTube" at 2:47 in Oceanic Feeling :oic2:

- I shall be taking Mood Ring, The Path and Fallen Fruit and running

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I haven't really relistened to the album much since the initial listen to be honest :eek: The only tracks I'm finding myself going back to right now are Mood Ring and Fallen Fruit. I think that certain tracks for me, despite liking them, are mood tracks that I'll only be able to listen to when I'm feeling a certain way 

imageproxy.jpg