Sitar

Lorde

The only problem with this album is that 'Melodrama' exists. Same thing that happened with 'Chemtrails' following a record as good as 'Norman'. I truly like 'Solar Power', tho. It's a good record. The bonus tracks should be on the standard album to shake the pace on the middle section a bit, in my opinion.

Btw, the new translations give the songs a whole new range of layers about the meaning behind them. Love them.

I really like SP but a lot about it is so pretentious it hurts.

I mean, all that "I don't WANNA be famous"-whining has become somesort of trope within the pop industry right now and it's cringy when someone who's obviously not really feeling like it proclaims it while not living up to it. It's her fucking comeback album - if fame treats her so badly, why does she chose to go back into the spotlight? Why is she all over the magazines and talk shows?

It's the same with this huge deal about her "music box" being released dramatically without a CD. If you want to protect the environment, don't sell any physical copies. The wa she's selling it it's really JUST garbage cause at least CDs have some sort of use. Noone is going to look more often than onceat that empty CD-digipack /that is sold wrapped in plastic btw) before it will eventually go to the trash.

I know Lorde always had this hipocritical "I'm not like the other guuurls" vibe but it's really so obvious this era ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

8 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It's the same with this huge deal about her "music box" being released dramatically without a CD. If you want to protect the environment, don't sell any physical copies. The wa she's selling it it's really JUST garbage cause at least CDs have some sort of use. Noone is going to look more often than onceat that empty CD-digipack /that is sold wrapped in plastic btw) before it will eventually go to the trash.

exactly this music box thing makes no sense it's just an overpriced booklet 

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I will not return to this album. See y'all during the next cycle 

Same. I tried to give second chance, but I failed. See with Lorde at #L4. We still have Melodrama and Pure Heroine.

8 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I know Lorde always had this hipocritical "I'm not like the other guuurls" vibe but it's really so obvious this era ...

i agree. that vibe was especially obvious in pure heroine but i gave her the benefit of the doubt because it was still an amazing album (and because she was 16, anyone can be cringey at that age). sp is just insufferable, it's not even the music that is bad but rather the concept of 'i'm the only woke celebrity who sees everything for what it is yada yada'. melodrama remains superior. 

I'm rehashing the same things said in the last 100 pages but I am a bit disappointed with the overall album. Melodrama took months for me to fully love and understand its greatness but this feels... rushed. like Im on the studio room with her and she is still deciding on the trackless flow, re arranging the track names on a white board. This album suffers from only have Jack as main producer. The type of Southeast Asian/Indian sound she went for needed producers who actually know the soundscape. Idk... its obv this album did not take 4 years to make. 

Also the "CDs are evil to the environment" is such a pretentious and outdated concept. This would make sense [not really] back in the early 2000s when people consumed and played CDs constantly until they scratched up & burned out; and sometimes even bough another copy. People that buy new CDs in this age have the mindset of collection, taking care of them, making sure they have resell value when they don't want it anymore. And im pretty sure vinyl has a equal, or bigger footprint than a plastic holographic disk.

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

The fact the only two songs that I feel have replay value are fallen fruit and secrets from a girl :bebe:

nothing but truth, love. Those 2 are the only ones I’m revisiting at this point. I will say I’ve grown off the ending of secrets from a girl a bit. It’s just not very clever. The concept is perfect: Robyn reading a self help manifesto regarding sadness for young girls. It’s just the dialogue is a little basic. Anyways the song itself is a smash. Love her. Fallen fruit is good and at times reminds me of a pop Linda perhacs which I like a lot. 

the rest is pretty but doesn’t hit me, sadly. The path is enjoyable and catchy tho!! Especially considering it not having a typical song structure. 

anyways, I like the album ok, I’m just not in love with it.