Sitar

Lorde

OK I have come to a decision.

THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING A M A Z I N G.

Still Sane isn't working, but the rest is just so good.

I listened to it this morning when I was feeling grouchy and pissed off and I found it meh and only like Glory and Gore and the old tracks. I listened to it tonight and I was feeling lonely and a bit sad and it was absolutely amazing. Glory and Gore, Buzzcut Seasons, RIBS, White Teeth Teens (my 2nd fave) are just really really lyrically and sonically fantastic. HOW THE FUCK CAN THIS COME FROM A FUCKING 16 YEAR OLD. HAVE YOU ALL HEARD CHARLI XCX WHEN SHE WAS 16? "SMOKE THA ERBAL MAHN" "SAVE THA RHINO SAVE SAVE THE RHINO". #fucking mess.

Yesss! Loved Pure Heroine. Buzzcut Season, Ribs and Glory and Gore are my faves :defeated: 

Really like her music but idk Im not sure about her. She kinda annoys me... Id never go to see her live tbh :teehee:

let the light in, it's a cruel world

YESSS LORDE LOOKS FUCKING HOT asdfghjahudhuanunsunsunwusuamnwgeybacuntjiqkikwijrijrij

You are serious? The amount of photoshopping on her pictures is insane. When you look at her pictures taken on stage, especially when she makes those unbearable grimaces, I will put it mildly, she's not pretty. Lana is a goddess compared to her. But what makes Borde an ugly person in my view is the ruthlessness (meanness) which is radiated by her persona. She looks much older because of this. I think that she and her management started the whole campaign against LDR because they feel that the Lana fan-base is shaky and Lana can be easily attacked and dismissed.

You are serious? The amount of photoshopping on her pictures is insane. When you look at her pictures taken on stage, especially when she makes those unbearable grimaces, I will put it mildly, she's not pretty. Lana is a goddess compared to her. But what makes Borde an ugly person in my view is the ruthlessness (meanness) which is radiated by her persona. She looks much older because of this. I think that she and her management started the whole campaign against LDR because they feel that the Lana fan-base is shaky and Lana can be easily attacked and dismissed.

Campaign against LDR? Are you for real? She said she finds it funny how she is talking abut these glamorous places when she and her friends stay at run down motels (or some shit like that). That was no shade, or anti-lana statement. And since when did they want to 'attack' and 'dismiss' Lana. Lorde looks hot, photoshopped or not. Deal with it :hottie:

:eartha:

you can watch from your window

You are hyped up about Borde, is obvious, but I can easily take 4-5 Lana songs that are better lyrically then anything on Pure Shit. I hope she will stay local, hyped up by sexually frustrated Anglo-saxon teenagers who are thinking that her platitudes are something of deeper meaning. Royals is a mess lyrically, I didn't have the time to analyze the other songs, but basically there are no melodies just the tiresome beats over and over again. She obviously don't writes the music of her songs and please don't compare her to Lana which has written more than 100 songs (lyrics and melody) and this self-absorbed teenager maybe had written 10 lyrics so far. I hope she stays like Gotye of 2013. Lana>>>>>>>>>>>>>Borde

Campaign against LDR? Are you for real? She said she finds it funny how she is talking abut these glamorous places when she and her friends stay at run down motels (or some shit like that). That was no shade, or anti-lana statement. And since when did they want to 'attack' and 'dismiss' Lana. Lorde looks hot, photoshopped or not. Deal with it :hottie:

Put your tongue in your mouth, stupid kid :creep: . At 16, she had no business to stay in run down motels. Borde attacked Lana and that is a fact. But hey, she is a big Nicki fan (she cannot fathom how much she loves Nicki)  :lmao:

I really like her music, but her lyrics are not deep. Or sensational. She's like a dictionary that barfed, and fancy words just jumbled out and created a song. But hey, the kid is only 16, so I'll give her a break. I remember when Tennis Courts came on the radio in Norway for the first time, and they commented that "it is a nice landscape, I like the tune, but it's clear that she's young." And ofc they compared her to Lana... LOL.

I just hope she'll develop in the right direction, and I'm happy for her success. Let's just pray she wont end up like Miley.

1olt2g.jpg

ugh um the album's not that good. tennis court is so fun, royals is really smart and cool, and buzzcut season is really smooth, but other than that it's kind of just like... ok lorde we get it you're only 16 and you're a weird internet girl like what insight do you have actually have. compared to like... literally anything by lana she's just not good. like just studio version of diet mtn dew >> anything by lorde.

You are hyped up about Borde, is obvious, but I can easily take 4-5 Lana songs that are better lyrically then anything on Pure Shit. I hope she will stay local, hyped up by sexually frustrated Anglo-saxon teenagers who are thinking that her platitudes are something of deeper meaning. Royals is a mess lyrically, I didn't have the time to analyze the other songs, but basically there are no melodies just the tiresome beats over and over again. She obviously don't writes the music of her songs and please don't compare her to Lana which has written more than 100 songs (lyrics and melody) and this self-absorbed teenager maybe had written 10 lyrics so far. I hope she stays like Gotye of 2013. Lana>>>>>>>>>>>>>Borde

You guys are the reason why I hate most of Lana's fans. I swear to god if I see another one of your annoying ass posts in this thread.... smiley_roll.png Why can't y'all just stay the fuck away if you guys don't like Lorde? Leave her alone. You guys would flip your shit if someone talked about how fucking boring, sexually frustrated, self-absorbed and overhyped Lana is. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

but aNYFUCKINGWAY. here's to y'all, for the people who wants it:

I ripped Pure Heroine last night, but it had some cuts and Mac noises in it. I've heard them all over tumblr and shit. :toofunny: So I re-ripped it and re-upped it a few minutes ago! Hopefully you'll like this one better! This is better than most of the rips I've heard so far. It's loud and in high quality. Flawless quality imo. golfclap.gif

Download here (320kbps): http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/22490630/file.html

lABVyGE.png

Pure Heroine is such a great debut of a 16 years old singer and that's it. Lorde can really translate the joys and fears of coming of age in her lyrics and that’s why people can relate with them. Somehow its honest lyrics works in the first half but soon start to drag and it seems she’s singing about the same things over and over again and shows that although she is a great lyricist she lacks imagination – as Lana has proved is one of these things that can make a difference. 

She's stuck in this minimalistic sound because her label wants to play safe, but I have a feeling that the better is yet to come. Lorde just need some better melodies and to shape her sound.

LORDE'S 'PURE HEROINE' IS THE ALBUM LANA DEL REY WISHES SHE MADE
By: Julia Emmanuele
12:49PM EDT

1899807.jpgFrank Hoensch/Getty Images

Fans of Lorde, the 16-year-old pop star, have been eagerly awaiting her debut album since "Royals" started going viral. Luckily for them, the singer has made Pure Heroine available to stream via VH1 a week ahead of its September 30 release. Like her hit single, the album has enough electronic elements to help it sit comfortably on the charts, but the beats are all simple and pared-down, which helps give the album a more organic feel than the EDM-pop club bangers that have become so popular recently. Sonically, it gives off the impression that it could have been made in Lorde's bedroom, with some beats she put together herself, which perfectly compliments Lorde's anti-glamour pop star persona. The songs are distinctly undanceable, and her voice gives the lyrics the kind of longing that music about being a teenager requires. 

To put it bluntly, Pure Heroine is the album that Lana Del Rey wishes she made. This isn't meant to provoke a debate about Del Rey's "authenticity" versus Lorde's — after all, all pop stars have cultivated personas, and where Del Rey is a trailer park Lolita, Lorde is the "realistic" pop star. However, where Born to Die was overproduced in places, layering echoes over strings over electronic beats, Pure Heroine's minimal production allows the songs to shine in a way that Del Rey's couldn't quite manage. Lorde also manages to make each song on her album distinct and unique, with which Del Rey had some trouble. Many of Lorde's songs are tinged with the same kind of longing found on Born to Die — which is probably a result of her being an actual teenager — but keeps it all from feeling one-note. It's almost as if Lorde took all of the things that were good from Del Rey's debut and fine-tuned them to create a better, more interesting result. 

Lorde has also perfectly timed the release of her debut. In the upcoming months, there are several attention-grabbing albums coming out, including ones from Miley Cyrus (October 4), Katy Perry (October 22) and Lady Gaga (November 11). Not only does an earlier release guarantee Lorde the press she deserves, but it will give fans a chance to get acquainted with the songs before we're all bombarded with club banger after club banger. Lorde is establishing herself as the foil to the over-the-top pop divas of our time - through both her music and her personality - and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts will flock to Pure Heroine

The New Zealander has been quoted as saying that she wants to make something "real" that kids can relate to, and so far her desire for authenticity has served her well. There's sure to be at least two more hit singles off of Pure Heroine and hopefully Lorde's success will allow for more artists like her to break through to the mainstream. Either way, it seems like Lorde's quest for an anti-pop star is going to make her a genuine one.

From: http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/55034224/lorde-pure-heroine-available-to-stream-early

THIS IS TOTAL WAR. Lorde's management is pushing with PAYOLA the anti-Lana Del Rey campaign started some months ago. Wow, i'm really starting to hate this little bitch

"and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts" -i was never interested in normal and relatable artists - btw, Lorde's not that relatable, in her heart she's a fame whore, she's a calculating person much more packaged than Lana was. When Lana started in 2011 she was like a puppy, but Borde in my view is the real calculating and unauthentic creation the whole Pure Shit screams about this. 

"Lorde's quest for an anti-pop star is going to make her a genuine one": yes the PAYOLA licks are obvious, yea, Borde the "anti-pop star" (nonsense alert!!!!)

LORDE'S 'PURE HEROINE' IS THE ALBUM LANA DEL REY WISHES SHE MADE
By: Julia Emmanuele
12:49PM EDT

1899807.jpgFrank Hoensch/Getty Images

Fans of Lorde, the 16-year-old pop star, have been eagerly awaiting her debut album since "Royals" started going viral. Luckily for them, the singer has made Pure Heroine available to stream via VH1 a week ahead of its September 30 release. Like her hit single, the album has enough electronic elements to help it sit comfortably on the charts, but the beats are all simple and pared-down, which helps give the album a more organic feel than the EDM-pop club bangers that have become so popular recently. Sonically, it gives off the impression that it could have been made in Lorde's bedroom, with some beats she put together herself, which perfectly compliments Lorde's anti-glamour pop star persona. The songs are distinctly undanceable, and her voice gives the lyrics the kind of longing that music about being a teenager requires. 

To put it bluntly, Pure Heroine is the album that Lana Del Rey wishes she made. This isn't meant to provoke a debate about Del Rey's "authenticity" versus Lorde's — after all, all pop stars have cultivated personas, and where Del Rey is a trailer park Lolita, Lorde is the "realistic" pop star. However, where Born to Die was overproduced in places, layering echoes over strings over electronic beats, Pure Heroine's minimal production allows the songs to shine in a way that Del Rey's couldn't quite manage. Lorde also manages to make each song on her album distinct and unique, with which Del Rey had some trouble. Many of Lorde's songs are tinged with the same kind of longing found on Born to Die — which is probably a result of her being an actual teenager — but keeps it all from feeling one-note. It's almost as if Lorde took all of the things that were good from Del Rey's debut and fine-tuned them to create a better, more interesting result. 

Lorde has also perfectly timed the release of her debut. In the upcoming months, there are several attention-grabbing albums coming out, including ones from Miley Cyrus (October 4), Katy Perry (October 22) and Lady Gaga (November 11). Not only does an earlier release guarantee Lorde the press she deserves, but it will give fans a chance to get acquainted with the songs before we're all bombarded with club banger after club banger. Lorde is establishing herself as the foil to the over-the-top pop divas of our time - through both her music and her personality - and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts will flock to Pure Heroine

The New Zealander has been quoted as saying that she wants to make something "real" that kids can relate to, and so far her desire for authenticity has served her well. There's sure to be at least two more hit singles off of Pure Heroine and hopefully Lorde's success will allow for more artists like her to break through to the mainstream. Either way, it seems like Lorde's quest for an anti-pop star is going to make her a genuine one.

From: http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/55034224/lorde-pure-heroine-available-to-stream-early

THIS IS TOTAL WAR. Lorde's management is pushing with PAYOLA the anti-Lana Del Rey campaign started some months ago. Wow, i'm really starting to hate this little bitch

"and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts" -i was never interested in normal and relatable artists - btw, Lorde's not that relatable, in her heart she's a fame whore, she's a calculating person much more packaged than Lana was. When Lana started in 2011 she was like a puppy, but Borde in my view is the real calculating and unauthentic creation the whole Pure Shit screams about this. 

wtf 

You guys are the reason why I hate most of Lana's fans. I swear to god if I see another one of your annoying ass posts in this thread.... smiley_roll.png Why can't y'all just stay the fuck away if you guys don't like Lorde? Leave her alone. You guys would flip your shit if someone talked about how fucking boring, sexually frustrated, self-absorbed and overhyped Lana is. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I would never said anything about her if she didn't attacked Lana. I don't like her music, just as I don't like for ex. Sky or other artists with threads on this site. I would never  say something bad about another artist just because I don't like him/her.. But Lorde has come for Lana and this is LANABOARDS and not BORDEBOARDS so don't fuck with me