Sitar

Lorde

I'm addicted.
And I must thank you.
My all time favorite is swingin party. It's amazing.
And I love the lyrics to Tennis Court up til the chorus. The chorus ruins it all for me.
As for the EP, Royals and The Love Club are mind blowing. So addictive.
And Million Dollar Bills could use an extension.......

Well just thought I'd pop in to say that it happened. I'm obsessed. Stanning at this point.

@@SitarHero So can you help me out here? There are 10 songs we have. Are the two songs on the "Tennis Court" single going to be on an upcoming "Tennis Court" EP or are the two songs the "EP"? As I was researching, Wikipedia (I know, great source) said the "Tennis Court" EP is supposed to be released on July 22. Also, any news on an album?

H0bDaqU.gif

And I love the lyrics to Tennis Court up til the chorus. The chorus ruins it all for me..

Aw I love "it's a new artform showing people who little we care."

Well just thought I'd pop in to say that it happened. I'm obsessed. Stanning at this point.

@@SitarHero So can you help me out here? There are 10 songs we have. Are the two songs on the "Tennis Court" single going to be on an upcoming "Tennis Court" EP or are the two songs the "EP"? As I was researching, Wikipedia (I know, great source) said the "Tennis Court" EP is supposed to be released on July 22. Also, any news on an album?

She's tentatively said that she wants to put out an album by the end of the year, which seems logical if we consider Tennis Court a promo or lead single. I haven't heard anything about an EP, I'll have to look into that...tbh I hope not because I just want her material to go on her album. She's been performing songs called "Ribs", "Glory and Gore", and "400 Lux" that I've yet to find any videos of but I suppose these could end up on a release like that...

Or perhaps it'll just be a remix EP. Seems more plausible.

easily my new fave. bravado and tennis courts are unreal (read: unreal)

and please stop mentioning her age like im going to cry

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Those two are also my favorite! :crying: (+ The Love Club but yes I've mentioned this okay)

And hey, I found the source of her acoustic covers of "Mama Do" and "Use Somebody"! These were posted to YouTube with no information, but it turns out she performed them when she was twelve--TWELVE--on a New Zealand radio show: http://103.14.3.6/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2033420/ella-yelich-o%27connor

She's tentatively said that she wants to put out an album by the end of the year, which seems logical if we consider Tennis Court a promo or lead single. I haven't heard anything about an EP, I'll have to look into that...tbh I hope not because I just want her material to go on her album. She's been performing songs called "Ribs", "Glory and Gore", and "400 Lux" that I've yet to find any videos of but I suppose these could end up on a release like that...

Or perhaps it'll just be a remix EP. Seems more plausible.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Those two are also my favorite! :crying: (+ The Love Club but yes I've mentioned this okay)

And hey, I found the source of her acoustic covers of "Mama Do" and "Use Somebody"! These were posted to YouTube with no information, but it turns out she performed them when she was twelve--TWELVE--on a New Zealand radio show: http://103.14.3.6/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2033420/ella-yelich-o'connor

Thanks for filling me in.

And omg 12 :deadbanana:

H0bDaqU.gif

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

mmm you have good taste xx

but actually whose d do i have to suck to get HQ downloads of all of her music rn. the itunes rips are ~meh~

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

mmm you have good taste xx

but actually whose d do i have to suck to get HQ downloads of all of her music rn. the itunes rips are ~meh~

This guy right here :creepna:

I have The Love Club in lossless :whitney:

Are there any interviews or anything I watch?

Most are text, actually :noparty:

Here's one to listen to:

https://soundcloud.com/triple_j/meet-ella-lorde-yelich-oconnor

Mentioning Lana's opulence influencing "Royals" :tyvm:

Actually I think I'll compile a list of good interviews so stay tuned.

I can't believe how much I've fallen for her music...this is, like, what happened when I started listening to Charli. :deadbanana:

She's just so unique! Honestly...like Lana x MS MR, with a pinch of Charli thrown in.

The whole EP is pretty much on repeat, but my favourite would have to be "Bravado". So resigned, so noble, so bittersweet. The choral bits bring the already great track to a whole 'nother level of perfection. :legend: "The Love Club" is a fantastic song with the looped vocals & really engaging lyrics...has she ever mentioned being inspired by Hip-Hop culture apart from liking Lana?

"Tennis Court" is as good as everything else, and the way the Electro particles shine through provide a truly brilliant outlet for the song's subtle seductive-ness. :hooker:

I can't believe how much I've fallen for her music...this is, like, what happened when I started listening to Charli. :deadbanana:

That's pretty threatening :deadbanana:

Like I said, when she talked about writing Royals, she mentioned the kind of life Lana described, but as well as hip-hop artists, so I guess you could say that's sort of inspiration.

Tennis Court's production is a little more electronic than the EP so I wonder what she's doing with the album...I hope she keeps some similarities. I love the way she uses her voice as a part of the production, not just singing over it. Like the "choral bits" in Bravado and the backing track in Million Dollar Bills and the looped sample in The Love Club.

Gripe: How can NO ONE have recorded her concerts in Australia? She performed four new songs (400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, Ribs, Glory and Gore--all such Lorde titles jeeeeez) and they are nowhere to be found. Wtf is the internet even for?!

I feel the same way as @@Madrigal I haven't obsessed over someone this much in a while and i LOVE it :flutter:

I was craving more stuff from her so bad that I just had to find something else, so I made a little remix album to make my total go up to 13 songs ;)

RK2c3LU.png

They're all really good remixes too imo.

H0bDaqU.gif

Gripe: How can NO ONE have recorded her concerts in Australia? She performed four new songs (400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, Ribs, Glory and Gore--all such Lorde titles jeeeeez) and they are nowhere to be found. Wtf is the internet even for?!

A friend of mine has been scrobbling live versions of a few of those...I'll ask her about them for you. :teehee: