Sitar

Lorde

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

But Olivia has nothing on Lorde :eek: I know she's being like the moment in *some* sectors, but do we remember the Pure Heroine era? I don't think this is anywhere near for a fair comparison. I think a surprise drop would definitely kick start the era in good form.

I don’t mean it as a comparison of artistry. More of a guess when Lorde can re-emerge especially since Olivia is in many senses a Lorde placeholder. However, there’s little sign that the promo campaign (organic or not) for Sour will slow down even after the album release. I’m sure Lorde will like to have a little bit of spotlight to herself for her return to show who’s boss. 

A surprise drop would be a serve but that poor Going South book :ohno:

I was streaming Sober II and I got to thinking I thought why is this my fav song off the record? Then I realized how much it sounds like a BTD song :hair: the heavenly string intro, the hip hop inspired beat in the second half, melodramatic :creep: lyrics, the random male vocal samples - its very TIWMAG :nails:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

im so excited!!! she’s a wonderful artist (haven’t given a listen to everything but some songs really hit - like love club, liability, and bravado)

if any of you can, can you recommend some songs??? i wanna listen to her full discography eventually but its been difficult especially these last few years to sit and listen to a full album due to mental illness (as in i can barely pay attention, dont have the motivation, or i just only feel comfortable with what im used to) 

anyway i would love recommendations if anyone is willing to give a few!! :)

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Was that always her bio on insta? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, NewportBitch said:

Wow she’s really gonna snatch Olivia’s wig for the summer omg 

lorde wishes

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

48 minutes ago, Escapism said:

im so excited!!! she’s a wonderful artist (haven’t given a listen to everything but some songs really hit - like love club, liability, and bravado)

if any of you can, can you recommend some songs??? i wanna listen to her full discography eventually but its been difficult especially these last few years to sit and listen to a full album due to mental illness (as in i can barely pay attention, dont have the motivation, or i just only feel comfortable with what im used to) 

I really enjoy her music as well :party: I would recommend from Pure Heroine:  World Alone , Buzzcut season and glory and gore . From Melodrama : Sober II , Homemade dynamite ( the remix is also cute if you want something more upbeat )  and Perfect places . Hope I helped <3

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On 5/18/2021 at 3:16 AM, EXODUS said:

You're full of tea sis 

I hope in the next album she pulls another Kate Bush and goes super experimental like in "Writer in the Dark".

writer in the dark is not experimental?.... not remotely like kate 

On 5/18/2021 at 1:32 AM, NewportBitch said:

I’m expecting July the earliest for any sign of music. sigh :rip:

Olivia Rodrigo’s album is coming out next week and the full court hype should carry well into June. 

Billie rivals Lorde in terms of sales and attention but it depends on if Lorde’s team cares about that. I think they care about having space for publicity at least. 

olivia can't hold a candle to lorde, plus olivia has a more gp audience while lorde has a v strong fanbase and is loved by a more scattered group of people 

all the people in their mid 20s who don't know who olivia is but where teenagers when PH or melodrama came out for example 

Comparing Olivia to Lorde is almost as embarrassing as people saying Olivia’s lyricism is as good as Taylor swift’s 

:bebe:

anyways…. miss melodrama needs to come in clutch soon. I’m ready for my melancholic girl summer 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, Escapism said:

Pure Heroine: Ribs, 400 Lux and Buzzcut Season

Melodrama: Green Light, The Louvre, Supercut and Hard Feelings/Loveless

Those are some of my favorites. Wishing you well ❤

Omg my sister is a humongous stan she's going to lose her shit :oprah: Anyone knows if the person who said soon is trustworthy?

3 hours ago, Escapism said:

Bravado is my favourite song of hers, I warmly recommend it :D

Edit: oh shit sorry didn't saw you listened to it already lmao. But you have taste :oopna:

ZKcaooE.png

I'm not that familiar with Mr.S, i wasn't following him in the past. To people who knows him, what does him saying “SOON ?” with capital letters could mean ? Like how soon ? I know he spills a lot on ATRL about early releases but i don't know how early he talks about them.

2 minutes ago, melodrama said:

I'm not that familiar with Mr.S, i wasn't following him in the past. To people who knows him, what does him saying “SOON ?” with capital letters could mean ? Like how soon ? I know he spills a lot on ATRL about early releases but i don't know how early he talks about them.

i guess he means within autumn

2 minutes ago, melodrama said:

i thought it would mean June ?

I mean i was speculating but June is literally around the corner I highly doubt it would be *this* close

it would make sense for her to release it during summer like she did for melodrama tho, so a summer release is not that unlikely, but still June is a bit naive tbh