Sitar

Lorde

14 hours ago, COCC said:

It‘s cute :headache:

Ok, after listening to it again it's definitely more than a cute song. I really like it! It sounds warm and summery and makes me excited that I can finally go to the beach again in a few months. The last part is great and saves the whole song.

I understand the MAC comparisons, because Lana and Lorde sing in a similar way in both songs. I don't know how to put it, but both are singing in a calm "talking voice" and it feels as if their voices are really close to the listener's ear. Also Lorde's "Can you reach me? No, you can't" reminds me of "My, my, my, you found this, you need this". But I don't really mind it and I think it has to do with Jack being the producer of both songs.

I really like it I was kinda expecting a little more production wise like the last albums but it’s a good song I’m excited to see whats next! However can people please stop hiring jackoff to make every single album this year because I cant hear that fucking guitar or minimalistic piano again, NFR is one of my favourite albums but it seems like jack can’t do any different, this new lorde song lowkey sounds like it could be on the new bleachers album :lange:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

12 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

also insiders were correct, critics are going crazy. the nme  review is a good example but to touch base on someone else's comment, i also can't wait for the physical lp preorder, though and yellow white marble would be my choice based on this single 

the vinyl is most likely yellow with black splatters, a bumblebee if you may .... some pressing factories accounts have been teasing it

11 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Here's the concept: Mood Ring and pre-order next week

judging the fact she told us "look to the natural calendar for clues"

mood ring is definitely coming out Sunday the 20th at midnight for the summer solstice on the 21st

and me guess the album on July 17th, its the start of the perseids seasons

I listened 10 times Solar Power and I can't get the reactions. It's a really good song. Beachy, summery, lazy, perfect for bonfire at the night. Maybe lowkey sounds like MAC, but I don't care. I really enjoyed listening to it. 

I'm wait now for album announcement.

1 hour ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

judging the fact she told us "look to the natural calendar for clues"

tenor.gif?itemid=12485642

Doing my research on that.

Edit: Album is coming August 19th (international Orangutan day in Platypus month).

Hit me but I never liked Lorde I find her condescending face and her voice monotonous (i know it's wrong to judge personality and physique) i tried.

PURE HEROINE was a very good album I admit with beautiful and powerful songs for its age. But something bothers me in her voice that I sometimes find soulless, not exceptional. The excellent production really saves the fact that her voice irritates me.

Melodrama I did not manage to enter. I want to love but I can't.

The cover of SP appealed to me, I find it quite vulgar but surprising coming from her who has never taken this kind of photos.

I'm going to listen to her next record but I find that Lorde is overpriced like Billie Eillish, we do too much with her, she does not have an extraordinary universe that stands out from the others but that's only my opinion.

10 hours ago, Mer said:

Don’t listen to this with headphones. Go plug it into your stereo system. I plugged it into my parents home theatre and WOW. The crispness of the guitar, the vocals, the details. Idk who engineered this but it feels like Lorde is in my room with me. 

baby im poor