Sitar

Lorde

Putting my thoughts on California in a spoiler tag for those of you who haven't/don't plan to hear it yet :kiss:

Spoiler

You can definitely hear the influence of Jack's recent work (NFR especially) in California, but I like it. It's a song that'll grow on me for sure. For a first listen though, I think I like it more than Solar Power 

imageproxy.jpg

What is this bootleg NFR/Folklore? :pls:

Lorde is one of my main girls and I love her to death but this ain’t it. Lyrically it’s below everything she has ever done and musically this sounds tepid, boring and uneventful. The instrumentals are plain and unimaginative and go nowhere. Plus, they kick at such an odd time at the beginning of the song... it sounds like a huge NFR stan just decided to make a homemade song on some free trial website where you can make your own beats or something. I’ve never hated a Lorde song ever before but... damn. This might be the first one to do it.

I blame Jack for all of this. Someone close his casket.

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

idk what you guys are on about. california sounds nothing like jack’s previous works. this song is amazing and i just know the gays who are still stuck in lorde’s more pop-ish eras are going hate this song. anyways i expect this song to be released friday since it was leaked way too early

Haven’t listened to this but I honestly think she should move up the release. 60 days is too long when clearly lots of ppl have so many tracks (this one, mood ring, the other track that was posted on Reddit). 

This is probably gonna be a mid-summer album, with or without her at this point lol. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Spoiler

Not the best, but not bad either. Same level as Solar Power to me. My expectations weren’t sky high for this one (it didn’t feature anywhere on personal faves from people who heard the whole album). I’m super excited for Mood Ring though (I read on Twitter it could be out July 23). 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Haven’t listened to this but I honestly think she should move up the release. 60 days is too long when clearly lots of ppl have so many tracks (this one, mood ring, the other track that was posted on Reddit). 

This is probably gonna be a mid-summer album, with or without her at this point lol. 

Wait another track leaked?

Spoiler

California is weak. Sounds like a track from a musical about Hollywood. Cute within context, but bland to just listen. Especially because it's coming after a 4 years hiatus.

All Jack's latest songs seems to belong to a hallmark soundtrack. Lorde really listened to this and thought that it was a good idea? It's not bad, but after PH and Melodrama it's definitely a downfall 

don’t know what to think of it yet but i know i definitely like it a lottttt more than solar power based on first listen. i can def see myself having this on replay if i’m in the mood. after having sat with solar power for a little while now, i only play it once every now and then and don’t reach for it and i think it’s going to stay that way. this is definitely a step up though. although i will say it kinda sounds like a song that would be released by another artist trying to go for a lorde-sounding song if that makes sense. 

I am very into this new direction for her- it is sort of a left turn and I’m expecting the full

experience of the album to come together and really shine as a collection. I will take this over the over-produced void to st Vincent’s latest album any day.

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

idk. i dig it. we can't expect her to be in her moody black/blue era forever. i kinda like how light and airy and non-complex these songs are!!!!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.