Sitar

Lorde

On 7/6/2021 at 8:14 PM, Sportscruiser said:

What is this bootleg NFR/Folklore? :pls:

Lorde is one of my main girls and I love her to death but this ain’t it. Lyrically it’s below everything she has ever done and musically this sounds tepid, boring and uneventful. The instrumentals are plain and unimaginative and go nowhere. Plus, they kick at such an odd time at the beginning of the song... it sounds like a huge NFR stan just decided to make a homemade song on some free trial website where you can make your own beats or something. I’ve never hated a Lorde song ever before but... damn. This might be the first one to do it.

I blame Jack for all of this. Someone close his casket.

Wow, exaggerating a bit much maybe? :rip: I dont get how you guys here say that those 3 new Lana tracks are fucking sublime but this lorde track isnt. Its kinda obvious that Lorde is trying to make it simple

45 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Obsessed with how dead on arrival this album is and how underwhelmed her fans are 

album hasn't arrived yet...

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

13 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

I absolutely love this & solar power, the free summer love spirt like @whitelungswhitepalms said is so gorgeous. I am very happy with the direction of this album<3

I’ve been dancing to California I’m excited to hear it liveeeeee

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Ugh everything about this rollout is so unerwhelming. Both the title track/lead single and that leaked California song have weak songwriting and  a lazy production (Jack really can't come anything new since 2018). Then there is this tryhard-provocative album cover ... nah.

I love Lorde as a vocalist but this is NOT it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

10 hours ago, expandableclitoris said:

Wow, exaggerating a bit much maybe? :rip: I dont get how you guys here say that those 3 new Lana tracks are fucking sublime but this lorde track isnt. Its kinda obvious that Lorde is trying to make it simple

You never heard that from me. I love BB and specially WW but I’m not a fan of TB at all (even though I don’t hate it either) but honestly that’s not even relevant to the discussion - I only compared this to NFR and Folklore because all 3 projects share the exact same producer and it’s becoming crystal clear how generic his trademark production has become, to the point where it’s impossible not to trace parallels. 

Lana is going in a different direction with BB while Lorde is going for something more sparse and similar to other projects by other artists which I find a bit pitiful since what attracts me the most about her is how singular her previous two records are. I don’t want pop-driven bops or club bangers from Lorde; I do however expect some bite, sonically and specially lyrically.

California has none for me and I think it’s valid for me to feel that way about her recent output. If you wanna look at my opinion as an exaggeration that’s fine by me but at the end of the day, it’s just my opinion.

IMG-7960.jpg

The lyrics of The Path though...they're conceptually perfect: from generational angst and the burden of fame to a great conclusion: Let's hope the sun will show us the path. That's how you open an album, the snippet sounds great as well!

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

12 hours ago, expandableclitoris said:

If Lana released these it would be a different story.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

once upon a time the Canyon store
Was where my world began
All that mystery and beauty gleaned from desert flowers and gifted children
But it got hard to grow up with your cool hand around my neck

this verse is interesting.. not sure how I feel about it but I guess the lyrics are kinda cool

I haven’t heard Cali yet but from hearing solar power and reading all of your comments it’s obv this album was made more recently (post 2019) rather than right after melodrama (mid 2017) because in no way we waited 5 years for an underwhelming album from a person that made two industry changing records 

jeez i can't believe lorde fans are so underwhelmed by the songs of this era!!!!

i'm so happy every time i listen to solar power :party:

it even made me start memorizing every song on melodrama

PERCHED for this release in august gurliez

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

I like California substantially more than Solar Power but yeah...I'm starting to think NFR and Melodrama are gonna be the peaks of his production career (can't comment on the St Vincent album because I don't really listen to her). The NFR sound really belongs to Lana :flutter: California is really pretty though. I didn't like Green Light when it was first released, so I think this is gonna be a grower also.

sgopYhV.gif

Just heard California and as someone said before I really feel like NFR and folklore will be jacks peak he needs to go away and find a new sound I think personally overall it is a decent song just jack is doing his thing again lmao

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

On 7/9/2021 at 1:01 AM, Redhydrangeas99 said:

i hope she releases & performs Mood Ring on that day. imagine if she performs Solar Power, gp doesn't wanna hear about SP anymore and they pretend she never released it. also performing SP wouldn't help it on charts

1 hour ago, melodrama said:

i hope she releases & performs Mood Ring on that day. imagine if she performs Solar Power, gp doesn't wanna hear about SP anymore and they pretend she never released it. also performing SP wouldn't help it on charts

It’s a possibility. Two “insider” accounts said she would release a single this week (and one of those accounts has been right about pretty much everything about Lorde so far).

39 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s a possibility. Two “insider” accounts said she would release a single this week (and one of those accounts has been right about pretty much everything about Lorde so far).

If you're talking about Dior, they are literal clown and they don't know anything

31 minutes ago, melodrama said:

If you're talking about Dior, they are literal clown and they don't know anything

It’s one of them but not the one I trust the most. But hey, maybe it’s just a retweet of the other one, who knows? Anyways, Lorde seems to be pretty loose when it comes to the rollout of this album (reminds me of Lana in the NFR era haha!), and I’m not sure how planned the singles are now, with Solar Power leaking. 

Why aren’t y’all talking about the new email? Am I the only one still hyped for this era?

Also, my first comment here! I’ve been lurking for yearsssss. love y’all so I decided to join!