Sitar

Lorde

I do think that SATNS (is it too early to acronym? i'm lazy lol) sounds quite similar to Wild At Heart, mainly in the guitar, but I don't think that it necessarily takes away from the songs quality. It's probably my favorite out of the two she's released so far, but similarly to Solar Power, it's gonna be a grower 

imageproxy.jpg

the lyrics are really moving

some parts of the melody sound like hope is a dangerous thing and wild at heart, which both share melodic similarities. venice bitch also shared a similar melody to lorde's writer in the dark so jack is just recycling i fear

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I do think that SATNS (is it too early to acronym? i'm lazy lol) sounds quite similar to Wild At Heart, mainly in the guitar, but I don't think that it necessarily takes away from the songs quality. It's probably my favorite out of the two she's released so far, but similarly to Solar Power, it's gonna be a grower 

stan twitter hears pedal steel guitar in a new song and immediately calls it a cocc outtake. over it tbh

It’s a simple song but I really like it. But so far, the album is really a mix of Norman and Chemtrails :gasp: with a mix of Lorde. Not that it’s a bad thing since I love the Jack albums, just not super original, maybe? At least, Lana won’t be the one that will receive the hate for recycling Jack melodies :smile2:

I get that Jack Antonoff may be very easy to work with, but all these alt pop girlies, don't they want a sound that is original and unique to them? Don't they feel humiliated to have their albums sound so similar to each other? Im glad Norman was the first 'cause I was able to enjoy it without prejudices and I think it's the best out of all these copy and paste records. I swear if Lana works with him again...

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

on the spot i was fucking mad cause it was an acoustic song yet again but every time i play it i fall more and more in love with it.
it's such a beautiful song lyrically & melodically, it's a big leap forward if you compare it to SP in my opinion.

so I turn but I learn not to turn into a wildfire 

to light up your night 

with only a smile and nothing that burns

jA3GJUb.gif

The way I loved PH and Melodrama immediately, but I'll either bully myself to like this one or just sigh with disappointment...I hope the deep cuts will be great 

Edited by PeroxidePrincess
I'm drunk lol turns out the spelling is shit

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

44 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman that is stoned at the nail salon to have - but i have it.

Hope is a Dangerous thing to have Wild at Heart and Stoned at the Nail Salon - but I have it (so tell me How to Disappear)

"Trust No One"    Lana Del Rey

tumblr_owv21uOCEo1w9j89lo1_500.gif

Haha wow it blends in to WAH so (too) well. :w8ing:

Anyways.... I think I like this song more than Solar Power tbh

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I’m not really feeling it. 

The 3-note bass riff is the exact same as WAH’s but that notwithstanding, the lyrical structure lacks the usual conciseness I love Lorde for. Like the chorus lacks a hook or a theme that ties the verses together. She goes deep in the verses just to throw away like “maybe i’m just stoned”