Sitar

Lorde

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Back when Pure Heroine was released, I remember many people saying that she is the new alt pop darling, the new Björk, the most original artist of the generation... Then Melodrama came and while I love it so much, is clear she went for a safer and more commercial route. 

this. every word of it

Don’t get it twisted, I totally don’t want another Pure Heroine or Melodrama, but I wanted a mature, introspective 70s/80s inspired groovy sounding album like the title track promised - not fake-deep 60s/70s folk. Lorde deserves better than to sound like she’s singing Lana’s scraps.

"Trust No One"    Lana Del Rey

tumblr_owv21uOCEo1w9j89lo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, annedelrey said:

Ok i thought i was listening to Wild at Heart during some moments :ahh:

Also Jack produced new Clairo album. I didnt listened to It yet cause im not at home rn. But i hope its better than this song.

The new clairo album is so good, i really loved it but you have to be into her music to like it i guess because most of the songs are kind of slow i guess

Also i listened to the new Lorde song and as soon as i heard it i thought of How to Disappear/Wild At Heart/Dark But Just a Game?

Ladies and gentlemen, I am just gonna state the obvious: we have a D̵o̷p̵p̸e̷l̴g̷a̸n̸g̴e̵r̵ in our midst. As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted at how much Lorde has copied Wild At Heart. From the instrumental to the  vocal melody, do you not have any value or respect for originality? Lorde is a laughing stock, it’s cheesy, it’s disgusting. I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion

I love stoned at the nail salon! Esp her use of her higher register. V introspective and melancholic, not at all what I was expecting based on the title but it is true that you have a lot of time to think when you’re getting nails done lol :hooker:

also, ok there are obvs similar instrumental environmenta but this all the jack hate over this song seems silly to me…it doesn’t strike me as a WAH ripoff at all. 

aOaIzH2.gif

The girls keep going back to Jack because he’s probably gay and only like a closeted homosexual needing a beard would willingly marry Lena Dunham so he won’t like try to sexually harass the girlies when they’re alone in the studio like other producers

38 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

The girls keep going back to Jack because he’s probably gay and only like a closeted homosexual needing a beard would willingly marry Lena Dunham so he won’t like try to sexually harass the girlies when they’re alone in the studio like other producers

You people are so fucking weird

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

I really like the song and the lyrics but the production is legitimately terrible - why are these songs so dead? It's so weird. Could have been a great track. I really like a lot of his work, but I don't think Jack is a good arranger; everything feels forced and flat here. 

Her, Billie and Lana seem to be very subpar lately. They need the energy back….the songs are just NOT it. It’s embarrassing that Olivia Rodrigo is doing a better job ? All three need a good slap and a new sound and production. I fear fans will start dropping off otherwise. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Her, Billie and Lana seem to be very subpar lately. They need the energy back….the songs are just NOT it. It’s embarrassing that Olivia Rodrigo is doing a better job ? All three need a good slap and a new sound and production. I fear fans will start dropping off otherwise. 

Omg can you stop bringing Olivia up in every single artists thread lolololol

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I briefly mentioned her, She is an alternative/indie pop artist….. 

I like Olivia Rodrigo but I'm sorry, I find nothing indie or alternative in someone who's music has been 90% crafted in the same vein of Taylor Swift haha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde