Sitar

Lorde

it's hard to build hype for an album when only 2 songs were released between announcement and 10 days before album drop. In hindsight, releasing a whole bunch of terrible singles just for people to say "omg I need to know if the rest of the album is this bad" was a great incentive to get people to listen to the whole album once it drops. Brilliant marketing tactic. 

also still not over the whole "no CDs" thing. It's pretentious and rude that she thinks we would like toss them in the trash/buy them if we didn't really want them?!

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 hour ago, melodrama said:

the problem might be her not using social media.

It really surprises me how labels are allowing this. It should be contract they promote and use social media. Overall they seem not to care about artists these days and get left to rot. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It really surprises me how labels are allowing this. It should be contract they promote and use social media. Overall they seem not to care about artists these days and get left to rot. 

I wonder if their internal analytics show that there's very little correlation between social media engagement and sales? I mean if you were to go off of how many likes and followers Selena Gomez has, Revelacion and Rare should've been one of the best selling albums their release year...

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

I wonder if their internal analytics show that there's very little correlation between social media engagement and sales? I mean if you were to go off of how many likes and followers Selena Gomez has, Revelacion and Rare should've been one of the best selling albums their release year...

True, that can be the case, but social media engagement is free it’s not costly. So If I were a label I’d still expect some effort by the artists I’ve signed. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

29 minutes ago, Mer said:

it doesn't after some point, but not using any social media at all definitely impacts it

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It surprises me how labels are allowing this. It should be contract they promote and use social media. Overall they seem not to care about artists these days and get left to rot. 

Lorde is a house name. Even if she doesn't get number 1, after a few weeks everyone will know that she released and get interested in listen to the new album

2 hours ago, melodrama said:

not after these two singles... :rollin:

7 videos will get people talking. I'm guessing this album (if it does end up being a success) will be a slow burn one. 

34 minutes ago, Chemtrailslana said:

Mood ring lyrics are now registered on iTunes just like satns was less than a week before it was out

have "standard" release dates been moved from Friday's to Monday's btw? I keep hearing rumors about singles/albums coming out on Monday and wondering if BB changed their tracking dates again? 

Please its Lorde, who cares if this doesnt have a big hit/its not a sucess

People are and will always be interested in her work because her art is poignant and reflects the zeitgeist. Although Im a convicted Melodrama hater, its sarcastic - in a good way - to me the fact that the album reflected perfectly the incoming dawn of 'party people' (no matter what people tell me, i feel like we will never party in the same 'carefree'  level after this pandemic) and now we got an introspective self daring project post-quarantine

You can laugh at me but I venture to say that, in a couple years, her cult status will be likened to Bon Iver, Radiohead and similars. Shes impacted the alternative music scene forever and no hit can force your career into that

4 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

Please its Lorde, who cares if this doesnt have a big hit/its not a sucess

People are and will always be interested in her work because her art is poignant and reflects the zeitgeist. Although Im a convicted Melodrama hater, its sarcastic - in a good way - to me the fact that the album reflected perfectly the incoming dawn of 'party people' (no matter what people tell me, i feel like we will never party in the same 'carefree'  level after this pandemic) and now we got an introspective self daring project post-quarantine

You can laugh at me but I venture to say that, in a couple years, her cult status will be likened to Bon Iver, Radiohead and similars. Shes impacted the alternative music scene forever and no hit can force your career into that

i read this as being about lana lol 

mUENGN9.png

11 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

True, that can be the case, but social media engagement is free it’s not costly. So If I were a label I’d still expect some effort by the artists I’ve signed. 

It's not. Social Media campaign can be quite expensive

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I am loving this album era!! All her interviews have been awesome to watch, she seems very happy and genuine. I liked Solar Power but have been really loving Stoned at the Nail Salon and the bulletins are just such an awesome way of keeping up w the fans. Everyone I know irl who is somewhat into pop music is very excited for the album so even if it's not gonna be a huge debut I think the album will be enjoyed for months after the release

nice cocc bro