Sitar

Lorde

6 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

This is one of the most boring albums ever made since the existence of the human race and maybe even before the creation of the cosmos. 

Jack Fuckoff needs to be stopped.

It is way better than HTE for me as a whole album. I had a very hard time even understanding what billie sang most of the album. It was so muffled except a few tracks.

The loose weak lyrics are entirely Jack's work. 

this album is a flop and i blame it all on jackoff :hellno: well, it's actually lorde's fault for being a dumb cunt and insisting on working with him, but i guess they're friends so i understand her side

anyway as much as i dislike this record i'll continue to promote it cuz well... somebody has to! and since lorde is refusing to do so, i encourage you all to do the same so she can pay her rent :oop:

3 hours ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I lowered my expectations for this album because of what the feedback had been but after listening to it I love it, yes it’s definitely not her best songwriting at times but it works! I love this album so much actually :kris: 

this makes me feel so excited!! T-minus 37 min :fabcat:

19 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

since lorde is refusing to do so, i encourage you all to do the same so she can pay her rent :oop:

she's literally been everywhere these past few weeks tho?!

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

16 minutes ago, Mer said:

she's literally been everywhere these past few weeks 

She contradicts herself too much. The album is all about not wanting fame,spotlight...how she is so introverted and stuff.

Yet she goes to EVERY single show,brags about some part of her life.  

Ik it's part of her deal with her labek

But still..idk. I find it very pretentious . Esp the vogue 73 qns.

I love this album so much! I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, but the vibe is everything. This is the best record produced by Jack. His production was never so perfect I can't believe that I'm liking a Jack's work

This album is better than COCC and NFR for me

Honestly pitchfork more positive than I thought they’d be. 

I have now heard the path and I have to say… it’s gorgeous. Much better than all 3 singles imo. It does make me think of lana at parts tho, the harmonies, the ohhhs and ahhhs etc. 

listen it’s cute but like :bebe:

fave tracks: mood ring, secrets from a girl, fallen fruit, calfornia, the path and stoned (maybe big star i can’t tell yet) 

girl please redeem yourself by releasing a new album next year with mike dean. we need what makes lorde, lorde back.:thirst: 

this album:scream: just doesn’t feel like Lorde and i think that’s my biggest problem with it 

i get what she was going for absolutely, but it was just executed so poorly :die:

7/10 for me

also can we refrain from calling her a dumb cunt like that’s seriously so unnecessary :wtf: 

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

its not an exciting album but its a big big step up from melodrama... that album was so cheesy. :facepalm: so I guess im glad she took a hiatus, she's heading in a better direction now

doesn't come close to pure heroine/love club but nothing ever will so i'm trying not to compare

Hmm, I don’t like Fallen Fruit that much because it feels a little juvenile to me. Have to try again. Same for Secrets from a Girl with that outro. I liked the deluxe tracks a lot though. 

I love Big Star especially because it’s about her dog :poordat: (Eclipse also said that there would be no sad songs about Pearl ?). I also love California, more than Mood Ring. The Path is top tier. 

I also liked Leader of a New Regime. It’s very Bowie to me, maybe it’s a little under baked.