Sitar

Lorde

the opening song ... the way it ends, was so cringe to my ears,

the topics she sings about come across "forced" and almost "cliche" at this point...

the whole "camera flashes" idk it just feels like her brain couldn't think of something else, so she settled lyrically. 

'California' was cute, 

'the man with the axe' is unbearable for my ears... 

'dominoes' feels like a Cameron Diaz 2002 intro song for a rom com movie

'big star' I dont think I can continue listening at this point it just keeps disappointing me (I really adored melodrama)

'Leader of the new regime' singing "spf for the ultraviolet rays".... like honey is this a fuckin coppertone commercial ? I can't 

5 hours ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

JACK ANTONOFF WORSE THAN HITLER

4 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

this album is a flop and i blame it all on jackoff :hellno: well, it's actually lorde's fault for being a dumb cunt and insisting on working with him, but i guess they're friends so i understand her side

anyway as much as i dislike this record i'll continue to promote it cuz well... somebody has to! and since lorde is refusing to do so, i encourage you all to do the same so she can pay her rent :oop:

4 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Jack Adolftoff tbh

shut up omg, this behavior is obnoxious and annoying.......

I think I’m gonna sit on this album for a minute and let it soak in cause after that first listen… I’m lowkey disappointed, my expectations were toooooo high it seems or maybe this album just isn’t for me

i am a fan of mood ring but oooop that’s it

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

This might be unpopular, but I think Jack‘s production is solid on this record. I like the atmosphere, instruments and summer-vibe. For me it‘s more about the weak lyrics (I can’t really relate) and her high(er) vocal range that doesnt match the stripped back sound :eartha2:

really liked this on my first listen. it's definitely a grower album which i always love as they seem to age well.

what i don't understand is the track 7-10 hate? the man with the axe, dominoes and big star are excellent

I listened this album and well....I never was so dissapointed after listening music. Tiring, snoozefest and just boring. Huge step down after Melodrama. I was not expecting that Lorde would give us album which sounds really average and you don't want come back again. I listen only once and probaly I'll never listen SP again. What a letdown. I don't remember even most of songs sound and half songs sounds really similiar to each other (Secret is Solar Power 2.0, The Path is Mood Ring 2.0). Lorde has head full of ideas during 2 previous albums and now she gave us that...

Album rating: 4/10

Best tracks: Fallen Fruit, Stoned, Mood Ring, Oceanic Feeling

Worst tracks: the rest (except title track and Man With Axe)

Tbh I really liked the album, probably my least favorite from her, but still really great. At the moment my top 3 tracks are (and this is probably unpopular) Oceanic Feeling, The Man with the Axe, and Big Star (cried to this one omg). the deluxe tracks definitely deserved to be on the standard, they are some of the best tracks. Fallen Fruit is objectively really good, but for some reason it's not totally clicking with me yet? Idk what it is

15 minutes ago, COCC said:

This might be unpopular, but I think Jack‘s production is solid on this record. I like the atmosphere, instruments and summer-vibe. For me it‘s more about the weak lyrics (I can’t really relate) and her high(er) vocal range that doesnt match the stripped back sound :eartha2:

1000% agreed with u! jack kinda... delivered :ahhney: 

mUENGN9.png

Loving the 73 on Metacritic Hopefully it goes up to 75-78. The dislike for this album is over the top, I don’t think COCC is a better album in comparison it’s a just as boring and repetitive in places.  I think ya’ll hyped this album too much for years and thus have been disappointed. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

39 minutes ago, COCC said:

After my first listen i think that i agree . I think that the album in general is solid . I don’t dislike it i even think that after listening to it a couple of times that i will definitely find songs that i will enjoy in the future . It’s just i don’t find its production creative enough and the themes seem to be done and tried many times . I also think that i prefer her deeper and more mysterious vocals as well . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I've listened to the album a couple of times now and I love it!!! Love the sound, the vibe , the album is cohevise without being boring to me. The only songs I didn't enjoy a lot are Big Star & Helen Of Troy but I wouldn't skip them.

Fallen Fruit  is definetly  outstanding!!! My faves are: Fallen Fruit, Oceanic Feeling, Mood Ring, California, The Path,The Man With The Axe, Solar Power, Hold No Grudge

Leader Of The New Regime is so good but why is it so short:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: