Sitar

Lorde

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Melon Head gave SP a light to decent 4ย :eyeroll2:

I don't disagree with him if he's going at it from the album concept, which felt contradictory/scattered to me but not hollow like he says. I think the "I'm not like the other girls" is just a part of Lorde that you have to accept, and it's not even as bad as it was before (who can forget her going after Lana).

Lorde definitely is trying to tell people on the album "just let me be in New Zealand, I'm trying my best to live that alternate life where 'Royals' never happened." At some points, I've wondered if once Lorde's contract is fulfilled, she's done with music.

The album really grew on me and I enjoy it a lot now, I still understand the harsh criticism though.ย 

The concept had so much more potential but she decided to play it safe and fill up the middle part with "the usual kind of Lorde stuff"-songs.ย 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Is it evil that, in a way, I'm glad it's getting panned because I think it might make her want to redeem herself asap by releasing another album in a year or something? Instead of in FOUR FUCKING YEARS?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 8/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

- I shall be taking Mood Ring, The Path and Fallen Fruit and running

This is so interesting because I've chosen the same three songs and so many people seem to do the same. These must seriously be the only worthwhile tracks of the record it seems.

original.gif

16 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Was the album any good? None of the singles appealed to me and mood ring sounded like a dido b sideย 

Itโ€™s a very divisive album for sure. Some love it, others like it, others hate it. The songs follow the same exact pattern.ย Pure Heroin remains the Queen Supreme IMO. The critics dont eat it up for sure.ย That album would have been perfect as a 8-song EP: the second part of the album has too many tracks that sound ยซ unfinished ยป or out of place compared to the first ones (but I know some love them). I recommend listening to the bonus tracks : they areย better than some tracks on the standard edition.ย 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Is it evil that, in a way, I'm glad it's getting panned because I think it might make her want to redeem herself asap by releasing another album in a year or something? Instead of in FOUR FUCKING YEARS?

Itโ€™s not really getting panned though, it has 71% on Metacritic with no negative reviews. But compared to her past 2 albums itโ€™s definitely not the criticallyย acclaimed album weย expected from her.ย 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Unpopular opinion but I think Fallen Fruit is the least interesting song on this record

I actually think it has very good production and instrumentation and thatย sudden shift mid songย ? what songs are better then in your opinion ?ย 

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

fantano saying "much of solar power (the album) reads like satire without the satire" gets to the crux of itย 

ย As expected from the misogynist, no way is the album that bad youโ€™d have to lack knowledge about production and instrumentation - oh way he does lack musical knowledge! ย ย 

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

As expected from the misogynist

in nooo way defending him but *i think* he's become a bit more self aware of this misogynist bias in the last decade. like he's not handing out 2s to albums of ultraviolence standards out of sheer hatred of women anymore lolย :deadbanana:

mUENGN9.png

8 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

in nooo way defending him but *i think* he's become a bit more self aware of this misogynist bias in the last decade. like he's not handing out 2s to albums of ultraviolence standards out of sheer hatred of women anymore lolย :deadbanana:

Heโ€™s improved somewhat but he has still given female artists ridiculous scores, if you look at the type of male artists getting 8-9s it says it all. ย He just isnโ€™t a fan of female singers.ย 

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Heโ€™s improved somewhat but he has still given female artists ridiculous scores, if you look at the type of male artists getting 8-9s it says it all. ย He just isnโ€™t a fan of female singers.ย 

ย 

i absolutely agree on this, his fiona apple review was all over the place and he clearly didn't bother reading the lyrics twice, and the same happened with many more female singers, but i do think he raised some good points when it comes to how the satire on SP falls flatย 

ย 

ย 

where would guys place Helen of Troy and Hold No Grudge in the tracklist if the standard album had all 14 tracks?ย 

lABVyGE.png

3 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

ย 

i absolutely agree on this, his fiona apple review was all over the place and he clearly didn't bother reading the lyrics twice, and the same happened with many more female singers, but i do think he raised some good points when it comes to how the satire on SP falls flatย 

ย 

ย 

Yes he did raise some good points, but 4? Maybe a 6 orย 7โ€ฆ.you have to factorย inย production and vocal delivery etc itโ€™s not allย on lyrics. ย 

So after listening a few times and gaining real insight on how I feel about the album, I maintain itโ€™s an ok record. The only 3 songs that continue to move me are Fallen Fruit, California, and Secrets from a Girl. Everything else is pleasant and catchy to pleasant and unmemorable.ย 

2 hours ago, Sucker said:

where would guys place Helen of Troy and Hold No Grudge in the tracklist if the standard album had all 14 tracks?ย 

ย 

1. The Path

2. Solar Power

3. California

4. Stoned at the Nail Salon

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Secrets fromย  a Girl (Who's Seen it All)

7. Helen of Troy

8. Hold No Grudge

9. Big Star

10. Leader of a New Regime

11. Mood Ring

12. Oceanic Feeling

ย 

Bonus tracks

ย 

13. The Man with the Axe

14. Dominoes

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-