Sitar

Lorde

this album has really grown on me since its release, and i find myself appreciating it more with every listen. initially i had trouble locking into the melodies, but repeated listens has born lots of fruit regarding that. also, my blue vinyl arrived today (gorgeous!) and after i put it on my gf (only a very casual lorde listener, though she went with me to the melodrama tour) was like, wait, why does everyone hate this? its really good!

aOaIzH2.gif

On 9/4/2021 at 4:50 AM, OverYourHead said:

I don’t care if they were trying to do something with the beeping in Fallen Fruit, it’s just annoying and ruins the song 

It sounds similar to the beeping in Joan Baez’s Diamonds and Rust. That song is the most 60s-70s inspired (the harmonies are very Mamas & the Papas, the melody with guitar reminds of My Sweet Lord by George Harrison) of the whole album IMO. I kinda agree that the beeping is bit much (don’t know for sure what it brings to the song). 

I got the discless Solar Power Music Box today and it’s so beautiful. I didn‘t expect this album would become my AOTY 2021. This piece of music feels like a magical endless summer.
??

The only problem with this album is that 'Melodrama' exists. Same thing that happened with 'Chemtrails' following a record as good as 'Norman'. I truly like 'Solar Power', tho. It's a good record. The bonus tracks should be on the standard album to shake the pace on the middle section a bit, in my opinion.

Btw, the new translations give the songs a whole new range of layers about the meaning behind them. Love them.

I really like SP but a lot about it is so pretentious it hurts.

I mean, all that "I don't WANNA be famous"-whining has become somesort of trope within the pop industry right now and it's cringy when someone who's obviously not really feeling like it proclaims it while not living up to it. It's her fucking comeback album - if fame treats her so badly, why does she chose to go back into the spotlight? Why is she all over the magazines and talk shows?

It's the same with this huge deal about her "music box" being released dramatically without a CD. If you want to protect the environment, don't sell any physical copies. The wa she's selling it it's really JUST garbage cause at least CDs have some sort of use. Noone is going to look more often than onceat that empty CD-digipack /that is sold wrapped in plastic btw) before it will eventually go to the trash.

I know Lorde always had this hipocritical "I'm not like the other guuurls" vibe but it's really so obvious this era ...

~You roll like thunder~

8 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It's the same with this huge deal about her "music box" being released dramatically without a CD. If you want to protect the environment, don't sell any physical copies. The wa she's selling it it's really JUST garbage cause at least CDs have some sort of use. Noone is going to look more often than onceat that empty CD-digipack /that is sold wrapped in plastic btw) before it will eventually go to the trash.

exactly this music box thing makes no sense it's just an overpriced booklet