Sitar

Lorde

On 12/12/2021 at 1:26 PM, Ariana said:

Can‘t thank Lorde enough for giving me the album of the year. This piece of music is magic. 
I gave it to my big brother who loves it too and it reminds him of our trips we have done together for years. 

I wish my siblings did acid with me too. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Solar Power and NFR! sound absolutely nothing alike. Aside from one of the albums being trash and the other being not, they really do not sound the same at all. I could not see a single song from SP being on NFR and the same vice-versa. I swear y’all took that one melody that sounded similar and ran with it :oprah3:

giphy.gif 

15 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

I thought I was off today but I guess I gotta go in.

Saying that Lana’s vocals are mumbled/soft and only that throughout the entirety of NFR is just as false as saying NFR has no guitars. Not even close to being up for discussion - just plain and objectively false.

The chorus in The Greatest, the outro of the title track, the almost-desperate-wailing in the final stretch in Hope is a Dangerous Thing (among a few others) are good examples of the vocal diversity that permeates through NFR - as opposed to Solar Power which alternates between typical Lorde snark and full blown monotony (everything about The Man With The Axe is absolutely abhorrent and that includes her vocal performance). The thing about Lorde is that she surrounds herself with a lot of vocal layering and she has Clairo and Phoebe Bridgers in a lot of songs backing her up while Lana only used her own voice and didn’t even resort of choirs or back up vocalists; plus her voice is typically much more emotive than Lorde by nature. Lorde can be an expressive singer when she wants to (see: Melodrama) but in SP it seemed like she was being put to sleep with chloroform. And this is coming from a Lorde fan.

I know it’s easy to bash NFR because Jack Antonoff became Enemy No. 1 around here and the overall reception the album got makes it easier for the fans to criticize since the GP doesn’t but to say Lana ruined the album with her VOCALS is a total reach. 

I really disagree, but this is a Lana forum so the emphasis will be on her artistry. 
I mean you can’t even call it a GP record-if you ask most people outside of her fan base honestly-I doubt many know it even exists. 
lana has a dedicated base which is why her albums always top the UK charts. 

The only GP recognisable album is Born to Die or paradise edition. 
emotive vocals are subjective but she does use falsetto mostly through the entire record just like Lorde on solar power. 
NFR also has its share of preachy lyrics like “Kanye west is blind and gone” despite all the stuff she has said over the years lmao.

The guitars on both records are highly looped aswell.

chocolate has the same color as shit so chocolate’s as bad as shit

like hsjdjds i don’t get the comparison they’re 2 different albums sure there can be similarities but that don’t mean the quality’s objectively the same

qfrWuBl.png

Smh Disbelief GIF - Smh Disbelief Laugh - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Okay okay we get it. But SP and NFR! are no way similar.

Also pls @mods make this gif an emoji with :disbelief: pls because I don't want to keep going to Google to find it again lol.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

wait what? when did she release this?

i believe there were multiple demos/voicenotes from Helen of Troy and Hold No Grudge? That is what I heard but I haven't been able to locate them

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

21 hours ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

:fabcat:I’m sorrryyyyyy but Pure Heroine sounding dated

it being topped by…….Solar power

I like solar power but to say that shit :wtf2::sideeye::whoopi::pls::bye::tanisha:

to MEEEE 😭 

pure heroine just gives me very much 2013 tumblr edge that i, personally, do not resonate with anymore (although i do hold those songs very close to my heart). but overall yeah, it sounds dated. which is.. understandable given the fact that its 8 years old

i mean. she said it herself. all the music you loved at 16 you’ll grow out of :creep: 

5 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

i believe there were multiple demos/voicenotes from Helen of Troy and Hold No Grudge? That is what I heard but I haven't been able to locate them

you can find them on @/lordecontent on insta! they aren’t full demos, just little voice notes 

6 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

does anybody have the demos from the music box she released recently?

6 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

wait what? when did she release this?

19 minutes ago, brandon said:

you can find them on @/lordecontent on insta! they aren’t full demos, just little voice notes 

Yep, they're here: 

Nothing special imo, just a couple demos during the songwriting stage, like figuring melodies out and stuff. I literally thought they would be more developed demos when I first heard about them lol.

50 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

solar power is what happens when you hoard good music and then are forced to make a new batch of music just to release something because youve been missing for so long 

How do you know she was hoarding music? Was there a different version of the album before she decided to release SP?

16 minutes ago, Nectar said:

How do you know she was hoarding music? Was there a different version of the album before she decided to release SP?

probably, she said she was making something but then her dog died and she changed plans. i think it was in the first email she sent when she was in antartica

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

57 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

probably, she said she was making something but then her dog died and she changed plans. i think it was in the first email she sent when she was in antartica

Oh interesting. Hope we get to hear those songs some day. 

Solar Power could've been a cute EP released in 2019

1. The Path

2. California

3. Helen of Troy

4. Stoned at the Nail Salon

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Mood Ring

7. Hold No Grudge

And then a stronger album in 2020-21 :toofunny: 

The way I keep reducing the tracklist... Those 7 are legit the only songs I play from the album. The rest is :eek3: 

Also, would it have had a better reception if it came before her previous albums? :wat: 

normally i don't support fans being mad @ their favs for deviating from their traditional sound.......... but..........

after almost a full four months, ⅓ of this year has passed and i still can't find appreciation for more than 3/14 songs here with solar power

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

36 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Solar Power could've been a cute EP released in 2019

1. The Path

2. California

3. Helen of Troy

4. Stoned at the Nail Salon

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Mood Ring

7. Hold No Grudge

And then a stronger album in 2020-21 :toofunny: 

The way I keep reducing the tracklist... Those 7 are legit the only songs I play from the album. The rest is :eek3: 

Also, would it have had a better reception if it came before her previous albums? :wat: 

The Man with the Axe, Leader of the New Regime & Oceanic Feeling are literally best tracks from this album tho.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

The Man with the Axe, Leader of the New Regime & Oceanic Feeling are literally best tracks from this album tho.

Kinda disagree... I initially liked The Man with the Axe but grew tired of it being so monotonous. Leader feels so volatile and I don't feel it quite fits the rest of the songs, and Oceanic Feeling needed a big extra to it, it fell short to what it could have been. But from the songs I skip, those three are definitely the ones I'd say had the best potential.