Sitar

Lorde

You know, I really don't see the point of making a "US version" of the Royals video especially if the original video (at least on YouTube) is:
a. also available
b. has more views

c. is longer

I mean, unless US-only ads or "watch Lorde's music video, Royals"-type promo link straight to the US version, wouldn't anyone who searches YouTube just watch the original instead for the reasons stated above?

Anyways, I don't think releasing a US version of the video is stupid or pointless; I just think it's strange and kinda (at least to me) redundant.

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

seriously though, can someone pm me swinging party please? i'm just in love with her

and idk why people say she's ugly, I'd date her any day 

I will work on that for you.

GUYS SHE REPLIED TO ME ON TUMBLR.

On private :noparty: But still! She responded to an ask I'd sent several days earlier about vinyl copies of her EP in a completely different message so I take this to mean that she's taken notice :tyvm: I'll post a screenshot later or sth

I love Tennis Court but STILL haven't really gotten into anything else she's got. I listened to Love Club and it's good but idk I just didn't care to get into her other stuff for whatever reason?

Is it bad that I sort of don't want to like her because she's only 16... Ok yes it's bad, but I think of when I was 15-16 and I just wasn't the same at all. It's like, there's no way at her age the things she writes about can be the same things I feel now... But then again I like some music Charli wrote when she was 14... Maybe I just matured late...

It just bothers me that someone who's only 16 can make a song like Tennis Courts.... 16 seems so young to me now (I'll be 21 in a few months).

I didn't like her comment about LDR. Lorde: "What really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout. Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn’t afford a cab". I think she has a limited interpretation of Lana's lyrics, to put it mildly. Poor little kiwi, she cannot afford a cab to get home from a party, my heart is bleeding for you baby. I don't like her personality, her voice and songs are ok but nothing special for me.

I didn't like her comment about LDR. Lorde: "What really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout. Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn’t afford a cab". I think she has a limited interpretation of Lana's lyrics, to put it mildly. Poor little kiwi, she cannot afford a cab to get home from a party, my heart is bleeding for you baby. I don't like her personality, her voice and songs are ok but nothing special for me.

She was also talking about rappers. It was just an observation on why poor teenagers gravitate to songs that describe a heightened amount of opulence, and that's what "Royals" is about. I don't see why her comment on Lana is offensive. She does sing about this stuff and Lorde clearly enjoys it despite not relating.

Can someone PM me her EP please? She's really fucking great  :flutter:

Will do! (Um I have a master download of her EP + a few things, is that okay?)

OK. I am in love. I have had Royals on my phone since late May, and I haven't heard anything else. I just listened to Tennis Court and I fucking died. Can someone pleeeeeeeeease send me a master-post of everything shes done? Thanks so so so so much :defeated:

She was also talking about rappers. It was just an observation on why poor teenagers gravitate to songs that describe a heightened amount of opulence, and that's what "Royals" is about. I don't see why her comment on Lana is offensive. She does sing about this stuff and Lorde clearly enjoys it despite not relating.

Will do! (Um I have a master download of her EP + a few things, is that okay?)

Yes, that would be great! Thank you :smile:

OK. I am in love. I have had Royals on my phone since late May, and I haven't heard anything else. I just listened to Tennis Court and I fucking died. Can someone pleeeeeeeeease send me a master-post of everything shes done? Thanks so so so so much :defeated:

Sent!

Tennis Court =  :party:       Royals =  :crossed:     I still dont know what to think about her, I will just wait  what she brings more.

"Royals" isn't my favorite, but "The Love Club", "Bravado", and "Swingin' Party" all stand up to the quality of "Tennis Court", give those a try :sass:

Yes, that would be great! Thank you :smile:

Done!

1. Tennis Court

2. Bravado

3. Biting Down

4. Royals

5. The Love Club

6. Swingin' Party

7. Million Dollar Bills

I like Biting Down because in my mind it's about biting someone when blowing them  :creep:

This interview might've been posted already but:

http://youtu.be/hRS-Od62DHA

And I had no idea her name was pronounced as "Lord", I thought it was "Lord-ee"  :derpna: