shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

I have cried to Hard Rain multiple times now it is definitely just a really really sad song, even if the lyrics aren't necessarily sad.

Amazed by the song & excited I get to see her live at Lollapalooza!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

WTF happened.

How did we go from alt-pop masterpieces like Sadness Is A Blessing, Get Some, Gunshot, No Rest For The Wicked, Little Bit and Breaking It Up to this bullshit. Generic, bland and annoying. Her last cover gave me hope for something great - and now ... THIS? ew

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm loving "Deep End", the pre-chorus is so catchy. I like the new direction she's going.

(For some reason it reminds me of Justin Timberlake's "Filthy"...)

"Hard Rain" is an o.k. song, I expected more. The beginning is beautiful but then I feel like she's losing me.

I haven’t listened to her until these two new singles after one came on shuffle.

But

Wow.

Hard Rain.

Issa bop!

I went through the last few pages of this thread and I realize she had a different sound before this I probs wouldn’t be into as much, but I’m glad she’s experimenting because both songs are soooo good. Y’all know I’m trap beat trash.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

her instagram stories.... i cried. career defining ballad COMING.

also we love a muslim legend

Yesss, I'm so ready for this album. Cannot wait, the insta stories songs have me hyped even more.

Def seeing the so sad so sexy of it all!

Anyways, thoughts after having the songs for a couple of weeks. Yes, it is not what was expected. Yes, it initially felt a little generic and overly pop oriented. Whatever, I don't care honestly! The songs are still great and wonderful. Very well crafted tracks to me. Honestly if we didn't have a certain expectation of what it would sound like would we have been that disappointed if another person released these. It's fun when an artist changes things up a bit and brings in a diff sound. That doesn't mean she will continue with this sound in the future or even on the whole album itself. Either way I love them. I think the sound and vibe suits her very well so I'm here for it. My initial fave was Hard Rain, still is honestly. It's lyrics really resonate with me, I love them. That said I find myself singing Deep End in my head so much lately. Like waking up with it in my head lol! So catchy.

Excited for June 8th, but curious when we will get another track before release!

Does anyone have any idea when she’ll drop Utopia? I’m thinking next week. I was really hoping for a surprise drop yesterday or today. I know it won’t happen but one can dream lol.

Does anyone have any idea when she’ll drop Utopia? I’m thinking next week. I was really hoping for a surprise drop yesterday or today. I know it won’t happen but one can dream lol.

it should be coming today!  :flutter:

Sounds very very Youth Novels wow

tbh based on these three tracks I don't see the album being received anywhere near as well as INL/WR which is a shame because I like the songs

utopia was so sweet, it had me feeling a little bit this am upon first listen. It totally wasn't the direction I was thinking. I was thinking something more beat driven/dark a la Deep End but it's a very sentimental song for her to share and seems like a good way to close the record. Full circle in a way! While I can appreciate it and the beautiful message it has behind it, it's def my least favorite of the three released so far. I will say that the last verse/chorus really pulled me in. I felt the hint of darkness there and loved it. I'm still super excited about this album and cannot wait. I think it will be my go to summer album this year, unless of course Lana ends up dropping something lol. I'm anxiously anticipating tracks 6-9! I have a feeling that block is going to be something special. Ready for it!