Hello Heaven

Overrated Lana Songs?

yeah...... a lot of songs are overrated. but that's okay because they are all still good! :)

The first one that comes to mind is Radio. Good song, but just... not amazing 

Guest Dot

COLA, Carmen and Without You.

Let me guess, it's overrated because I overhyped it?

:godlaugh2: I just wish I could've seen your face if it was released as a single.

Anyway. I'm gonna say West Coast. I think I've already said enough about that song in many other threads.

Also Ride. I think it wouldn't have been as popular if it wasn't a single. Disco has got to be her most overrated unreleased song.

:godlaugh2: I just wish I could've seen your face if it was released as a single.

Anyway. I'm gonna say West Coast. I think I've already said enough about that song in many other threads.

Also Ride. I think it wouldn't have been as popular if it wasn't a single. Disco has got to be her most overrated unreleased song.

Not initially, but now yes  :creep:

I think it's a lovely song and a great tour opener but I don't know why everyone loves it so much, I don't hate it, and I would've loved it if it became a single and got a video from it (but then again I wanted Dark Paradise, too.)

Also agreed w/ Disco

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Guest Dot

Not initially, but now yes  :creep:

I think it's a lovely song and a great tour opener but I don't know why everyone loves it so much, I don't hate it, and I would've loved it if it became a single and got a video from it (but then again I wanted Dark Paradise, too.)

Also agreed w/ Disco

http://vimeo.com/77147732

There you go.

Could've been better, I know. But my computer is just too slow for video editing

I think Dark Paradise and the S&S remix were just released because Interscope was against Cola and didn't like the Paradise EP. She said in an interview that her record label had reservations about releasing Cola. I don't she think she was aware of the release of Dark Paradise tbh or she just didn't care, lol.

summertime sadness tbh. the remix just ruined it for me :/

also radio & dark paradise. not my favourites

Don't let that ruin the song for you, they're not even related, and the early live version is much better.

It feels more atmospheric and less bland/dry than the studio/late live version.

Guest Dot

Cola

Body Electric

Gods & Monsters

Cola has not aged very well in my opinion.

The fact that everyone's hating it now shows that it's not overrated lmao. Same goes for BE.

But West Coast and Disco are flawless! DICWB is by far the most overrated unreleased song! But I agree with Ride.

But West Coast and Disco are flawless! DICWB is by far the most overrated unreleased song! But I agree with Ride.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

My take on the overrated/underrated thing is that something is overrated if there are other *similar* things equally or more deserving of praise that don't get it, and of course those similar things are what's underrated. So imo opinion everything LDR's ever released (with the exception of AKA which I'm not sure how to categorize release-wise) is overrated in comparison to her unreleased/leaks. I'm not saying her unreleased is better, just similar in quality (in terms of composition, not production).

Most of this thread is just what you like or don't like, which is fine but I don't get a sense for why something is overrated. It makes more sense to have comparison cases like Disco to Chelsea Hotel #2 (different artists compared here), or maybe it's Disco to I am a God (Kanye West). Video Games to Fordham Road?

The fact that everyone's hating it now shows that it's not overrated lmao. Same goes for BE.

Cola could have been cooler if she put more electric guitar in it. And change the production of the verses, they sound similar to a BTD song. It could have been a single if she used metaphors for the lyrics, nobody wants to hear my pussy taste like pepsi cola or i know your wife that she woudnt mind... Still one of her coolest songs but not the best. I think off to the races is more classy, and with better vocals.

Black Beauty..

every fan seems to love it and many times ive seen people claim that lyrically its her best song

i just dont understand, i really dislike it and i feel like im missing out haha

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

Black Beauty..

every fan seems to love it and many times ive seen people claim that lyrically its her best song

i just dont understand, i really dislike it and i feel like im missing out haha

Yess! It's such a typical Lana song that it's not really interesting :/

Also, I'm disappointed that she doesn't sing "Black Beauty, bitches" at least once instead of "Black beauty, baby". It would fit more with how much she sings/says the phrase :P You know, the whole "this is for emphasis, bitches" thing.

i am nothing and should be everything