pinupgirls

American Horror Story

On 9/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, Veinsineon said:

Has anyone been watching Red Tide? I have to say that I think this is one of their strongest seasons in recent years. Maybe since 1984 wasn’t that long ago, which was also fantastic. But I really feel they did themselves a disservice with Roanoke-Apocalypse. Anywho, if you haven’t watched, there is one more episode left of part 1 to Double Feature and it’s an excellent season. A totally new idea. I’m interested to see how they will connect it all and wrap it up!

Red Tide was great until the ending (having a horrible ending is a theme with recent seasons btw) but I didn't even watch the second half of DF bc the end of Red Tide pissed me off so much :rollin:

EDIT: girlllllll idk why I thought this was recent and replied ???????????????

12 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

IS IT BAD

seems like this season is using zombification (?) as a metaphor for the HIV/AIDS crisis which...no. imo AHS is always better when it's as stupid as possible and doesn't try to make any points (see 1984 and the recent alien season, enjoyed apocalypse too). so yes it's bad but i am still watching :flop: love sandra bernhard and kal penn being added to the AHS cinematic universe tho.

aOaIzH2.gif

I actually liked it a lot more than I expected. It had way more restraint than normal and I much prefer naked men and homosexuality to gratuitous gore. We'll see if they can actually handle the themes they're trying to tackle (unlikely) but I thought the sleazy 80s New York atmosphere was great. I'm intrigued by the killer who I just finished watching in a lovely show called Somebody Somewhere in a very different role so I'm excited to see what he brings to this show.

this season is such a drag, i don't like it that much so far... ugh 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I finished watching AHS: Cult a few days ago and it was better than I remembered? I think the reason I didn't like it so much the first time around was because it got released around a more politically heated year so it was almost draining to watch? I have to say though, Kai Anderson is probably Evan Peters' best character he's ever played in the show. His character had so many levels and I was fully enticed to his shenanigans. Amazing performances all around tbh.

ALSO, I remember being really cringed at the script of Cult last time, but this time it was actually hilarious when you realize it was meant to be satirical (like with Ally being a typical granola munching liberal and Kai a red pilled incel). It makes the season even better and exposes the toxic traits of both leftists and far rights.

I haven't watched a new season since after 1984 and idk if I can be bothered. I heard the quality has decreased significantly. Is this true?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

12 minutes ago, Flowerbomb said:

I finished watching AHS: Cult a few days ago and it was better than I remembered? I think the reason I didn't like it so much the first time around was because it got released around a more politically heated year so it was almost draining to watch? I have to say though, Kai Anderson is probably Evan Peters' best character he's ever played in the show. His character had so many levels and I was fully enticed to his shenanigans. Amazing performances all around tbh.

ALSO, I remember being really cringed at the script of Cult last time, but this time it was actually hilarious when you realize it was meant to be satirical (like with Ally being a typical granola munching liberal and Kai a red pilled incel). It makes the season even better and exposes the toxic traits of both leftists and far rights.

I haven't watched a new season since after 1984 and idk if I can be bothered. I heard the quality has decreased significantly. Is this true?

THIS

I loved this season, it was very impactful imo

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

i actually enjoyed the new NYC season more than i thought i would! double feature was such a let down, i learned not to get my hopes up for new ahs seasons, but i was pleasantly surprised. i do think some of it could have been cut, and this season definitely got a much lower budget :hooker:, but it was one of the better, more well-rounded seasons from the past few years.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, Flowerbomb said:

PREACH Cult is one of my favorite seasons 

If u want to get back into AHS the only new season I would recommend (i haven’t seen NYC) is the first half of double feature, that was some good shit even tho they fumbled the ending.

I think I’m 5 episodes in and it’s significantly better than the last season. It’s just a cleaner, more decently paced story overall. I realize the show loves to get a little batshit in the latter episodes in any given season, and I’m not totally convinced that batshit isn’t gonna rear it’s head in the next few.