pinupgirls

American Horror Story

I finally finished Season 2!

I gotta say it was a lot more psychologically interesting but it didn't quite hook me as much as the first season in terms of being on the edge of my seat. Goddamn is Sarah Paulson that bitch, though.

Anyone hear about Emma beating up Evan Peters, though? :eek: :eartha:

I finally finished Season 2!

I gotta say it was a lot more psychologically interesting but it didn't quite hook me as much as the first season in terms of being on the edge of my seat. Goddamn is Sarah Paulson that bitch, though.

Anyone hear about Emma beating up Evan Peters, though? :eek: :eartha:

I agree season 1 had me on the edge of my seat more. but season 2 had Lana Winters, who is queen.

I heard about Emma and Evan's fight apparently they arrested her cause he had sign of being hit whereas she didn't. but i day or two later they're were photos of her with bruises 

so apparently they're still casting 3 more spots, filming starts next week in New Orleans I believe, and there's something about youth serum in the season

BzhmW.png

Yay, an AHS thread. Liked both season 1 & 2 for different reasons, although season 2 has been my favourite so far. Bit nervous about the next, I can handle horror better than I can the supernatural. lol

ugh, I detest Emma Roberts, only because she's with my man! can she act, I haven't seen any of her work  :icant:

Season 1 had a better setting [the haunted house where anything could happen], but Season 2 had better characters [look at the development of Lana, Sister Jude, and Sister Mary Eunice].

Season 1 was interesting because it was a modern setting and it had parallels of our reality: adultery, bullying in school, school shootings, financial problems, death. And then flashbacks to other periods were sprinkled in. Enter Jessica Lange who is amazing to watch on screen. She just chews through her other castmates like a tornado in the scenes. She adds the layer of the horror of being an older actress in Hollywood.

Season 2 was the opposite where it was mostly in another time period and then the modern day scenes were scattered throughout the season. I think Season 2 was more concerned about the nature of evil- asking questions like why are people evil? Is it because they are misunderstood like the aliens? Or evil because they come from fucked up families? Or are they evil because of the devil? Or evil because society dictates that they are evil. 

Ryan Murphy's problem is that he likes to have so much go on in each season that sometimes those narratives are underdeveloped. 

giffix-1.gif

ugh, I detest Emma Roberts, only because she's with my man! can she act, I haven't seen any of her work  :icant:

Season 1 had a better setting [the haunted house where anything could happen], but Season 2 had better characters [look at the development of Lana, Sister Jude, and Sister Mary Eunice].

Season 1 was interesting because it was a modern setting and it had parallels of our reality: adultery, bullying in school, school shootings, financial problems, death. And then flashbacks to other periods were sprinkled in. Enter Jessica Lange who is amazing to watch on screen. She just chews through her other castmates like a tornado in the scenes. She adds the layer of the horror of being an older actress in Hollywood.

Season 2 was the opposite where it was mostly in another time period and then the modern day scenes were scattered throughout the season. I think Season 2 was more concerned about the nature of evil- asking questions like why are people evil? Is it because they are misunderstood like the aliens? Or evil because they come from fucked up families? Or are they evil because of the devil? Or evil because society dictates that they are evil. 

Ryan Murphy's problem is that he likes to have so much go on in each season that sometimes those narratives are underdeveloped. 

What do you think Coven will be about? (I know witches, but the underlying theme)

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

Coven is about youth serum and the effects on this group of women since they take it before it's ready to be used, or that's at least apparently part of a subplot

BzhmW.png

What do you think Coven will be about? (I know witches, but the underlying theme)

mmm.... I'm not sure! It's hard to do a critical analysis before taking in the whole season!

My mind jump to power struggles between the genders but there's not that many males in the cast. If this youth serum thing pans out maybe youth/aging/beauty might be a theme. I'm not sure how the witchcraft is going to be developed and how it will be shown in the show. 

In paganism the triple goddess in the form of the maiden, mother, and crone are common figures so maybe that will play out. But if we are talking about New Orleans Witchcraft then that would be more Voodoo. I'm excited for the new season either way!  :excited:

giffix-1.gif

Youth Serum? Now I'm imagining a witchy/voodoo-esque version of Death Becomes Her. please let this happen             

ahs is my life  :icant:  i liked s2 ten times more than s1, i thought it was way more interesting, and i wasn't a fan of violet/tate in s1. The devil in mary eunice and lana were my favorite characters  :creepna:  

sig3_2.png

ahs is my life  :icant:  i liked s2 ten times more than s1, i thought it was way more interesting, and i wasn't a fan of violet/tate in s1. The devil in mary eunice and lana were my favorite characters  :creepna:  

the way they just killed the devil off though was a very rushed subplot

BzhmW.png

I watched all Asylum for the second time yesterday, god it's the best serie ever :flutter:  Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe & James Cromwell were the best. Jessica Lange is the fucking queen, sister Jude was my favourite character along with Lana Banana. I loved so much Sister Mary Eunice too... when she sings You Don't Own Me to the crucifix   :defeated: and although I hate Grouper so much, he performed so well. Now Im watching again the first season and I have to say I like it more than the first time I saw it but is really way too much about sex, also Im not a big fan of ghosts. I def prefer Asylum. They got this perfect recipe of horror, madness, religion and aliens that I think it's impossible to compare with anything. It was like I was there while watching, it really moved me. I can't wait for the 3rd season oh god I know it's gonna be phenomenal. Really love the cast and the main plot, curious to see Kathy Bates! Even though I know Asylum will always be the best, at least to me  :D

let the light in, it's a cruel world