Beemo

Grimes

Hey, I don’t know if this has been discussed. But I just saw the new Ed sheeran video on tv, Does it not look like a rip off Kill v Maim? The teeth/makeup, the subway, and there was a pulsing beat toward mid-end. Idk it was the first thing I thought of.

IMG-3521.jpg

16 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

this is so wild lmfao good for her I guess? I’m sure she will be v entertaining!

aOaIzH2.gif

I suppose the new album is imminent now that she shared Shinigami Eyes and that she wants to release it ASAP + her new label surely will want to use this TV show as promo 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

She keeps playing the alt weird girl and all she really wanted was attention.

In the end, she's another one to go mainstream after playing the weirdo for so long.

I don't buy any of the things she says or does. I feel she's really, really fake.

I used to really like her. Halfaxa was my fav album and I loved Visions. But everything after it is just so tryhard.

5 minutes ago, 88AYM said:

In the end, she's another one to go mainstream after playing the weirdo for so long.

I don't buy any of the things she says or does. I feel she's really, really fake.

I used to really like her. Halfaxa was my fav album and I loved Visions. But everything after it is just so tryhard.

b8dd6385d89ebf428d7a0cffa157f1af.gif

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

2 hours ago, 88AYM said:

I understand where you're coming from, she changed SO MUCH. 

Personally, I prefer everything from Vision onwards. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I understand where you're coming from, she changed SO MUCH. 

Personally, I prefer everything from Vision onwards. 

Thanks for getting it. She's become this... living meme. It makes everything that involves her so cringey and gets in the way of the music she does. Which lately isn't that amazing anyways.
Visions was an amazing album, but all the drama after she became slightly more know, about she shelving her own albums and all the bullshit.

9 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

lmfao ive been trying to get into her first two albums since 2012 and it is not happening

it was easier back then. If you listen to them already knowing the shape she's taken during and after visions, it is hard because your brain is looking for something that's just not there.

That's why it's tough when artists switch up composing strategies and styles, and also why they then hesitate to perform old music.

I didn't even know Grimes FOR halfaxa was out, I happened to stumble upon her with the Vanessa video which a friend of mine sent me. I found it cool.

Then I listened to halfaxa and I really loved it. I didn't like the previous one tho