Beemo

Grimes

i wanted to get into grimes and i did a full listen to the miss anthropocene album and the concept and visuals are great but some of the songs to me were such a huge letdown :noparty: so heavy i fell through the earth, my name is dark, and we appreciate power are AMAZING though!!! does anybody recommend which grimes album i should listen to, specifically her magnum opus but i don’t even know what album that is

23 minutes ago, pawnshop said:

i wanted to get into grimes and i did a full listen to the miss anthropocene album and the concept and visuals are great but some of the songs to me were such a huge letdown :noparty: so heavy i fell through the earth, my name is dark, and we appreciate power are AMAZING though!!! does anybody recommend which grimes album i should listen to, specifically her magnum opus but i don’t even know what album that is

Out of all her records, Art Angels is definitely her most accessible album (and my personal favourite too.) I'd recommend the songs Kill V Maim, Flesh Without Blood, Pin, Butterfly, Venus Fly, Realiti, and World Princess pt II from that record! Genesis, Oblivion, and Circumambient from her Visions record are staple Grimes classics too x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

Out of all her records, Art Angels is definitely her most accessible album (and my personal favourite too.) I'd recommend the songs Kill V Maim, Flesh Without Blood, Pin, Butterfly, Venus Fly, Realiti, and World Princess pt II from that record! x

the Realiti demo is otherworldly :slay: i was never expecting Art Angels to grow on me because i thought it was too pop-ish for me (so pretentious i know) but somehow it did, it would be my favorite album of hers if Visions didn't have Skin on it :xgiggle:

2 hours ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

the Realiti demo is otherworldly :slay: i was never expecting Art Angels to grow on me because i thought it was too pop-ish for me (so pretentious i know) but somehow it did, it would be my favorite album of hers if Visions didn't have Skin on it :xgiggle:

The Realiti demo is actually the song that made me a fan of Grimes! I watched the music video she had uploaded on her YouTube channel for it once it was announced she would be opening for Lana's tour that summer, and the rest is history.

Visions is incredible too! I actually went back and edited my post to add a few classics from Visions, & I love Skin from that record too. Visions is probably a very close second for my favourite Grimes record, although I really love Miss Anthropocene too.. it's so hard to choose! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I feel like no one appreciates Halfaxa enough. Halfaxa is easily my favorite Grimes album, i love the imagery and for some reason most Grimes stans rank it last in her discography!

5 minutes ago, Volta said:

I feel like no one appreciates Halfaxa enough. Halfaxa is easily my favorite Grimes album, i love the imagery and for some reason most Grimes stans rank it last in her discography!

I love halfaxa too! my second fav after miss anthropocene

the witchy vibes are just unmatched, it's pure escapism for me

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Volta said:

Halfaxa is amazing! It's otherworldly, I can't describe it any other way :legend: 

8 hours ago, Elle said:

Out of all her records, Art Angels is definitely her most accessible album (and my personal favourite too.) I'd recommend the songs Kill V Maim, Flesh Without Blood, Pin, Butterfly, Venus Fly, Realiti, and World Princess pt II from that record! Genesis, Oblivion, and Circumambient from her Visions record are staple Grimes classics too x

OMG immaculate taste :oprah: 

9 hours ago, pawnshop said:

I would say her magnum opus yet is Art Angels, though I love each of her albums for different reasons. If I had to rank them, I'd choose:

1. Art Angels (favs: REALiTi, World Princess Pt. II, Kill V. Maim, Flesh without Blood)
  2. Miss Anthropocene (favs: So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth, My Name Is Dark, We Appreciate Power, Delete Forever)
  3. Halfaxa (favs: Weregild, Heartbeats, sagrad Прекрасный)
  4. Visions (favs: Oblivion, Circumambient, Be a Body)
  5. Geidi Primes (favs: Zoal Face Dancer, Feyd Rautha Dark Heart, Caladan, Rosa)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Come Grimes, release the main single, Shinigami Eyes has been played and teased for months and the hype is gone. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Not yall ranking + saying good things about Halfaxa when Geidi Primes just obliterated wigs back in the day + is miles ahead with aesthetic and etc... brains for candies luv 

Her magnum opus is obviously Visions or Art Angels (Visions being just a slightly step further imo) 

Geidi Primes is nowhere near the excellence that is Halfaxa, and that IS a fact! both are great albums tho, grimes has one of the best discographies ever

20 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

All the songs she teased this era are amazing, it sounds like it will be my favorite project of hers and I can't wait. 

same but she's taking so fucking long to drop one song my excitement for this project is currently dead

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg