Beemo

Grimes

On 12/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, Coney Island King said:

I don’t like that cover either. Looks cheap.

I assume since the album is called Book 1 there will be a book 2? Maybe in the same year?……or is asking her to release two LP’s in one year too much :ma:

I mean, going by her other album covers, this new one is pretty. I find all her previous album covers ugly. lol 

On 12/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, Vulnicura said:

my thought exactly violence was interesting

this one is pretty generic, not bad, just not my cup of tea. 

nvm changed my mind, ITS SO BAD like the more it comes up on shuffle the worse it gets :toofunny: i dislike it so much (because i know she knows how to make better music than this) 

do u guys have any clue what she's saying after "ive been working to the bone all day" in Circumambient :eartha2: or is it just random Grimes noises? its bothered me for years 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

4 hours ago, pin up galore said:

do u guys have any clue what she's saying after "ive been working to the bone all day" in Circumambient :eartha2: or is it just random Grimes noises? its bothered me for years 

I haven’t understood what she says for 10 years. Everytime i sing Grimes loudly i just make gay cat sounds. 

3 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Random Grimes Noises :thumb3:

Her early works give me "speaking in tongues" vibes. Interestingly "glossolalia" was supposed to be the title of Halfaxa

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

2 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

david and saturn princess studio when :read: seriously tho when??? :raven:

I want David so badly 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

fantano put player of games on his worst songs of the year :rip: 

I wouldn't go that far but I get it tbh. Now that we've had the song for a couple of weeks I feel like she's kind of reverse engineered pop music, as her music has become slowly less experimental and more basic and I feel like she thinks it's futuristic but really just sounds a bit dated. I mean I don't really mind hard-hitting basic electropop (i.e. some of Art Angels) but it's a little bit cringe how she's still marketing herself as this futuristic, forward-sounding artist - in comparison to Arca, for example, whose music very much fits the experimental envelope-pushing vibe she puts forth. Hoping for better on the album!!

nice cocc bro

Miss Antropocene is in my top 3 best albums ever made and I will die on that Sodden hill. My current Loop playlist on Spotify basically contains all the songs on this fckn record, especially MNID and SHIFTTE it's so good I just cannot wrap my head around it. 

Actually Grimes is the main reason I really badly want to start making music myself. She's the kind of sound I'm looking for. I asked for a keyboard for Christmas and installed GarageBand because I'm obsessed to tears with the story of how Visions was made and how it was inspired by Hildegard von Bingen

ZKcaooE.png

21 minutes ago, willfoshizzle said:

video is excellent and gorgeous 

im ready for this era 

This is amazing! I'm a sucker for these epic-themed visuals so I'm in :true: 

What a SERVE :true: 

This made me appreciate the song more than before, I'm ready for the album :gclap: and I bet the song in the outro is going to be the second single.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 12/19/2021 at 2:27 AM, lil aerosol said:

fantano put player of games on his worst songs of the year :rip: 

I wouldn't go that far but I get it tbh. Now that we've had the song for a couple of weeks I feel like she's kind of reverse engineered pop music, as her music has become slowly less experimental and more basic and I feel like she thinks it's futuristic but really just sounds a bit dated. I mean I don't really mind hard-hitting basic electropop (i.e. some of Art Angels) but it's a little bit cringe how she's still marketing herself as this futuristic, forward-sounding artist - in comparison to Arca, for example, whose music very much fits the experimental envelope-pushing vibe she puts forth. Hoping for better on the album!!

I don’t like players of games much,  any song from ARTANGELS slays it to death. Having said that Fantano has the worst taste in music so he can stfu

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance