Beemo

Grimes

5 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

She said her son doesn’t call her Mom because she doesn’t identify with that word, or something.

She really loves to be pretentious af. 

I hate her persona so much, but I like her music so much as well. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

So the fandom wiki for Grimes barely has any information about anything. On the otherhand, the Lana fandom wiki is so good bc people are SO quick to update it. 

Do you all get your Grimes information by just remembering? Or is there a better site for the info somewhere? organised or unorganised in threads like this site?

13 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

She said her son doesn’t call her Mom because she doesn’t identify with that word, or something.

her personal attitude must be unpleasant

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

So the fandom wiki for Grimes barely has any information about anything. On the otherhand, the Lana fandom wiki is so good bc people are SO quick to update it. 

Do you all get your Grimes information by just remembering? Or is there a better site for the info somewhere? organised or unorganised in threads like this site?

most artists i listen to, including grimes, have rather poorly sorted and very lacking fandom wiki pages. i'd say you get this info by doing a lot of own reserach from old interviews to some weird reddit threads (reddit comes the closest if you're looking for something at least resembling a place like this) 
oh and there's also a discord server that is pretty active but i rarely engage there so can't tell what's exactly going on in there lol

1 hour ago, Voignamir said:

most artists i listen to, including grimes, have rather poorly sorted and very lacking fandom wiki pages. i'd say you get this info by doing a lot of own reserach from old interviews to some weird reddit threads (reddit comes the closest if you're looking for something at least resembling a place like this) 
oh and there's also a discord server that is pretty active but i rarely engage there so can't tell what's exactly going on in there lol

Cool, thanks! Reddit has come up frequently when ive searched so to me it definitely seems most active there. I might take it upon myself to update the fandom wiki here and there.

1 hour ago, Rose McGowan said:

Alice Glass is absolutely dragging Grimes today. Catch up on her comments/story before it’s gone

i literally didn't understand a single thing. maybe it's too early here
alice is mad because of kill v maim but then she's not but then she's mad because girmes doesn't mention her anywhere? i'm so confused lol

Don't really know about Alice Glass, but here are the archives of her Instagram Stories: September 29th 2022. Subjects include Grimes and Marc Jacobs (Brand/Man).

MJ:

Spoiler

Screenshot-20220929-013330-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013425-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013558-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013527-Instagram.jpg

What the YouTube link leads to:

Screenshot-20220929-013614-Instagram.jpg

Grimes:

Spoiler

Screenshot-20220929-013433-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013443-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013518-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013543-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013644-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013710-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013736-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013754-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013816-Instagram.jpg

Unsure if these reference Grimes or MJ, and if by "letter" she means E-Mail, or did she receive a C&D by somebody else? Possibly just rambling:

Spoiler

Screenshot-20220929-013847-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20220929-013913-Instagram.jpg

It seems like Alice sub-tweeted Grimes about KvM? Grimes sees this and realizes this tweet is about her, sends an E-Mail "correcting" her story how she sent Alice Venus Fly to work on??? So she shouldn't speak on the chanting/song production? Alice then goes on to post about feeling threatened by Grimes....the end? Lol, Grimes can be a clown but I don't know why she "should" mention you in regards to inspiration/other weird singers/artists. Maybe she thinks Grimes has been """"inspired"""" by her without giving credit? Eh

Edit: Just remembered Poppy vs Grimes and the fiasco of Play Destroy, how Poppy allegedly felt intimidated/bullied by Grimes and her associates? Possibly she has a track record of being rude with other artists? Or that was a lie too, 😅

5 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

It seems like Alice sub-tweeted Grimes about KvM? Grimes sees this and realizes this tweet is about her, sends an E-Mail "correcting" her story how she sent Alice Venus Fly to work on??? So she shouldn't speak on the chanting/song production? Alice then goes on to post about feeling threatened by Grimes....the end? Lol, Grimes can be a clown but I don't know why she "should" mention you in regards to inspiration/other weird singers/artists. Maybe she thinks Grimes has been """"inspired"""" by her without giving credit? Eh

Edit: Just remembered Poppy vs Grimes and the fiasco of Play Destroy, how Poppy allegedly felt intimidated/bullied by Grimes and her associates? Possibly she has a track record of being rude with other artists? Or that was a lie too, 😅

I can see her being very “transactional” with people that aren’t in her close circle but… so what? The whole Alice thing seems silly and Alice often goes on these rants that seem very mentally unstable. Like Azealia level rants. 

Well Poppy lied, even Azealia's side of the story lined up with Grimes' in that situation. I don't know what any of this Alice Glass drama is about though honestly. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

40 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I can see her being very “transactional” with people that aren’t in her close circle but… so what? The whole Alice thing seems silly and Alice often goes on these rants that seem very mentally unstable. Like Azealia level rants. 

Ah, she seems a bit scatter brained with her thoughts and wondered if this is a often occurrence? Odd

I like alice but she's upset for a reason which is grimes not really acknowledging her in any way and using this kill v maim situation to back up on her feelings

I can understand why she feels that way even though she's in the wrong since they never really worked on the song together. I mean, crystal castles was a thing before grimes became the poster girl of the ~weirdos and now alice is often forgotten or people just remember her for the abuse she went through and as petty as that can be, I can understand because that's just human nature 

but yeah she should just let that go, heal from those feelings and not mention it anymore because it makes her look stupid

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I fucking hate Grimes attitude, she became so awful to stand in the last years. 

It's a shame I really like her music so much. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

19 hours ago, Voignamir said:

i literally didn't understand a single thing. maybe it's too early here
alice is mad because of kill v maim but then she's not but then she's mad because girmes doesn't mention her anywhere? i'm so confused lol

WTF?!  this alice gone crazy! :lmao:

I dont fully understand whats going on with Alice and Grimes even after reading all that. 

So what im gonna say probably has no relevance but heres my thoughts anyway:

- ive listened to both Grimes and CC since 2013, yet i have never considered Grimes to be influenced by Alice or CC.

- Whenever Grimes speaks about something it's usually something unimportant or poorly thought out. She never said anything of value surrounding Poppy when she could have (only alluded to not being happy with their collabs, making it sound as if Poppy did something but kinda sounds like they both did, idk). So im not surprised shes never done much to show support to Alice leaving CC. The email Grimes sent does sound rude but its not threatening, it wasnt public slandering (to my knowledge it was private right?), and it was warranted tbh. 

-i literally have no idea what else to think, only to realise it would have been awesome if they collaborated in the artangels era but sadly i know they never will now. Im not blaming either for that yet because its too damn messy.