Beemo

Grimes

geidi, halfaxa and visions are in weird girl era.. art angels, ma and her new album are in gamer girl era so they cannot be compared like she is in a new league of sound rn

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

22 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

geidi, halfaxa and visions are in weird girl era.. art angels, ma and her new album are in gamer girl era so they cannot be compared like she is in a new league of sound rn

It's true i really cant compare them despite loving them all. I have my preferences but I'm not going to die on a hill saying that one or two are definitively better than the rest in all ways. 

I think I just put halfaxa and visions and geidi primes on a pedestal because so many people are unable to appreciate what grimes used to be! She has always been this good, musically, she just used to be more underground.

4ÆM still gives me chills its without a doubt one of the best electronic pop songs of the decade maybe even century like my ass is never not going apeshit whenever it comes on the level of hype it creates is unreal 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 hour ago, highme said:

What happenned with this song? Is 2022 and i'm still waiting for a studio version :eartha2:

She lost the files for that specific album before Art Angels, and only managed to release the REALiTi scratch because that was one of the few songs (if not the only one) she still had saved, then she reworked it for the album.

She also never intended to release David because that song is deeply personal to her, since it's about one of her best friends who - himself.

well-so-im-done.gif

36 minutes ago, Real Bad Girl said:

She lost the files for that specific album before Art Angels, and only managed to release the REALiTi scratch because that was one of the few songs (if not the only one) she still had saved, then she reworked it for the album.

She also never intended to release David because that song is deeply personal to her, since it's about one of her best friends who - himself.

she actually lost her files?? Like?:wtfney:

2 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

She lost the files for

that specific album before Art Angels, and only managed to release the REALiTi scratch because that was one of the few songs (if not the only one) she still had saved, then she reworked it for the album.

WHAT? :ahhney:

How disappointing to know this (well, its grimes), i always wanted to hear this song :(

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

his is the only thing closest to a studio version that we have, but the chorus melody is not the correct.

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

3 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Wow I am so grateful the Realiti demo survived. It's probably my favourite song of Grimes. 

I remember Grimes also saying they scrapped the album (before Art Angels) because they didn't want to go in that direction anymore. Maybe both are true (the files were lost and they didn't want to go ahead with them anyway)? 

On 5/26/2022 at 11:22 PM, Ultra Violet said:

Wow I am so grateful the Realiti demo survived. It's probably my favourite song of Grimes. 

I remember Grimes also saying they scrapped the album (before Art Angels) because they didn't want to go in that direction anymore. Maybe both are true (the files were lost and they didn't want to go ahead with them anyway)? 

Afaik, she stated that there was never 'another' album before Art Angels, she just scrapped the songs because she thought they were not going in the direction she wanted. But, like, the project was always Art Angels.

Personally I prefer the final REALiTi but the demo is so beautiful.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

43 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Afaik, she stated that there was never 'another' album before Art Angels, she just scrapped the songs because she thought they were not going in the direction she wanted. But, like, the project was always Art Angels.

Personally I prefer the final REALiTi but the demo is so beautiful.

Oh cool yes that is indeed what I was remembering :) I always thought David was one of those songs too but now I know it's different. 

geidi primes is in my opinion the most interesting grimes record, and my personal favourite from her. it’s such an interesting and unique soundscape; it feels dreamy, surreal and abstract, and i can’t name any other record that would sound like geidi primes. and meanwhile i see that this record isn’t as polished and doesn’t seem to be as finished as other grimes stuff, it’s in my opinion peak of her creativity, along halfaxa - her singing and production are rarely as creative on her more recent works