Beemo

Grimes

I didn't finish watching Dune because I think I need to read it first, but it prompted me to look up the references to Dune that Grimes made in Geidi Primes. It's making so much more sense now! Multiple song titles in the album are references so just in case someone's interested.

(Copied and pasted from SpaceGeneis on reddit). 

Also I'm cackling because I always read Shadout Mapes as Shadeout  Maps :toofunny: when I saw that in the film I was like :die:

• Caladan is a planet, the home of the House Atreides (the good guys);

• Giedi Prime is another planet, the home of the House Harkonnen (the bad guys);

• Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen is the younger nephew of the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen (the boss of the bad guys);

• Shadout Mapes an old female Fremen housekeeper at the palace of Arrakeen that warned the main character (Paul Atreides) about a traitor;

• Sardaukar Levenbrech is a double reference to: 1. a fanatical army known as Sardaukar 2. a military rank known as the Levenbrech;

• Zoal, Face Dancer is a reference to a species of shapeshifting humanoids from the Dune universe;

• Beast Infection is a reference to the "Beast" nickname of Rabbann, a character within the Dune universe.

22 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I didn't finish watching Dune because I think I need to read it first, but it prompted me to look up the references to Dune that Grimes made in Geidi Primes. It's making so much more sense now! Multiple song titles in the album are references so just in case someone's interested.

(Copied and pasted from SpaceGeneis on reddit). 

Also I'm cackling because I always read Shadout Mapes as Shadeout  Maps :toofunny: when I saw that in the film I was like :die:

• Caladan is a planet, the home of the House Atreides (the good guys);

• Giedi Prime is another planet, the home of the House Harkonnen (the bad guys);

• Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen is the younger nephew of the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen (the boss of the bad guys);

• Shadout Mapes an old female Fremen housekeeper at the palace of Arrakeen that warned the main character (Paul Atreides) about a traitor;

• Sardaukar Levenbrech is a double reference to: 1. a fanatical army known as Sardaukar 2. a military rank known as the Levenbrech;

• Zoal, Face Dancer is a reference to a species of shapeshifting humanoids from the Dune universe;

• Beast Infection is a reference to the "Beast" nickname of Rabbann, a character within the Dune universe.

i couldnt stop thinking about Geidi Primes while watching the movie

On 6/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, Inferno Euphoria said:

The fact we could have had a Miss Anthropocene visual album but she choose to do every special effects/editing herself and ended up not releasing most of it is homophobic

well new gods mv came out a month ago theres still hope

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

cant wait to hear 5 new songs within the next 3 years that are promised to be on the new album only for them to be scrapped when it's finally released in 10 years from now 

:trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just watched this 3 part series and learned a lot that I never knew about, particularly before Geidi Primes. 

Like I never knew about the Lethe EP in all 9 years ive listened to her, am I just imaging this? 

Also got me wondering if there's a Google Drive Grimes Masterpost or something out there

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Just watched this 3 part series and learned a lot that I never knew about, particularly before Geidi Primes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Like I never knew about the Lethe EP in all 9 years ive listened to her, am I just imaging this? 

Also got me wondering if there's a Google Drive Grimes Masterpost or something out there

i'm pretty sure i have every Grimes related mp3 (remixes, unreleased, rare releases etc) i can make a masterpost when i'm home next week, unless you find something earlier

2 hours ago, Voignamir said:

i'm pretty sure i have every Grimes related mp3 (remixes, unreleased, rare releases etc) i can make a masterpost when i'm home next week, unless you find something earlier

I found the channel World Princess Part III on YouTube who seems to have uploaded everything so far, so unless there's copyright material that youtube won't allow then I think I finally have the missing things now :)

At this point her music career is a bit of a joke. She has a reputation of canceling releases and making false promises. Really needs to sort herself out and comeback with an actual album campaign.

4 hours ago, Voignamir said:

pls share queen :fabcat:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, bored said:

At this point her music career is a bit of a joke. She has a reputation of canceling releases and making false promises. Really needs to sort herself out and comeback with an actual album campaign.

I think she has a reputation of umm other things :awkney: i wouldn't really say she's making many false promises, at least not as much as other popstars like gaga or even lana

29 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

I think she has a reputation of umm other things :awkney: i wouldn't really say she's making many false promises, at least not as much as other popstars like gaga or even lana

Oh pls, Gaga and Lana have NOTHING on Sky Ferreira, Bonnie McKee etc :oop: I could even bag Melanie Martinez there, she was apparently 'starting' her next era this spring and... um.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Oh pls, Gaga and Lana have NOTHING on Sky Ferreira, Bonnie McKee etc :oop: I could even bag Melanie Martinez there, she was apparently 'starting' her next era this spring and... um.

lmao i forgot about them 

imma go stream don't forget now, sorry sky!

1 minute ago, Voignamir said:

lmao i forgot about them 

imma go stream don't forget now, sorry sky!

The way I keep bashing Sky's delays but also keep forgetting she released Don't Forget :eartha: 

Btw, I actually forgot Grimes dropped Shinigami earlier this year :deadbanana: Claire, please don't forget too and DO SOMETHING for fuck's sake.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 7/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, boom like that said:

pls share queen :fabcat:

sooo i spent whole day making this but here it is! obv it needs polishing but as for now it has pretty much everything

feel free to share it wherever you want 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ep8wuywu0QodoTTyQte--onJphgfCy7pnG1wTrKekVk/edit?usp=sharing

(pls link be working)