Beemo

Grimes

11 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Ah, she seems a bit scatter brained with her thoughts and wondered if this is a often occurrence? Odd

Yes, often. She’s a very frustrated person. I do feel bad for her because she went through a lot of abuse and still hasn’t really gotten the level of recognition she (understandably) wants from the industry in general but her new music is very just okay so :noparty:

2 hours ago, White Dress said:

Yes, often. She’s a very frustrated person. I do feel bad for her because she went through a lot of abuse and still hasn’t really gotten the level of recognition she (understandably) wants from the industry in general but her new music is very just okay so :noparty:

This. 

Her Crystal Castles music was either great or ok-ish. 

Her solo music has been very OK since her debut solo EP. 

I feel like artists like Yeule (in her latest album) is doing what Alice Glass kinda intended to do and failed. 

Alice Glass needs to let the past go and find her own sound and style and not trying to emulate what she did on CC. Her music from her debut EP and her debut album are very similar, zero artistic growth. She's making music that she would probably release back in the early to mid 10s.

I get it, CC was pretty big when she was the vocalist, but as a solo artist she is no one and she needs to work very hard to get to the label of artists like Grimes (which actually has a proper style and artistry sans her latest singles). 

Poor Alice, I'm rooting for her, she went through a lot and deserves success and happiness. But clearly she is not over yet and she is still trying to be relevant through her victimhood (Björk taught me that word today lol). 

But yeah, I really think Grimes is a shitty person and a bully with power, she got so much money and power because of Elon. She changed so quick and so badly. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 9/29/2022 at 6:37 PM, EXODUS said:

I fucking hate Grimes attitude, she became so awful to stand in the last years. 

It's a shame I really like her music so much. 

What did she do?

From what I know she is just an introvert who gets bullied for being weird?

Like everyone else is normal...

been revisiting Art Angels lately and it's always refreshing. particularly the second half :legend: 

the Pin - REALiTi - World Princess, Pt. 2 - Venus Fly - Life in the Vivid Dream - Butterfly songs succession is undefeatable.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Honestly I think the first minute - like exactly one minute and two seconds - of Genesis is the most beautiful sound ever created by any human (?) being period. It destroys me every time and I listen to it several times a day it just... It just is insane? Like how? How could she think of that? I mean it's not my favourite song of all time by any means, I enjoy very much the rest of the song for sure but man, this first minute, if I become deaf one day it's one of the things I will miss hearing the most. It's so fucking beautiful, it's ethereal, it's every positive attribute I can think of

ZKcaooE.png

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

Honestly I think the first minute - like exactly one minute and two seconds - of Genesis is the most beautiful sound ever created by any human (?) being period. It destroys me every time and I listen to it several times a day it just... It just is insane? Like how? How could she think of that? I mean it's not my favourite song of all time by any means, I enjoy very much the rest of the song for sure but man, this first minute, if I become deaf one day it's one of the things I will miss hearing the most. It's so fucking beautiful, it's ethereal, it's every positive attribute I can think of

ohh i feel you so much, words cannot describe how i feel listetning to it
i love how she changes the synths everytime she plays it live... so soothing and so freaking beautiful

3 hours ago, annedauphine said:

i feel the same as you. Incredible.

6 minutes ago, letterblue said:

does anyone else really only enjoy Art Angels and Miss Anthropocene? :ohno: i don't like her other music really. Shinigami Eyes is super fun too.

Besides Art Angels and Miss Anthropocene, Visions is the other album of hers I revisit constantly. I've had moments where I have played Geidi Primes or Halfaxa and they're cute but not as impressive or powerful as her other material. The Darkbloom EP? We don't know her.

I'm really here for Book 1 even if it feels kinda generic because I vibe to Shinigami Eyes and Player of Games (and the shitton of snippets she played in TikTok 2020-2021, particularly 100% Tragedy which sounded really good) but they're nowhere to be found :toofunny: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Besides Art Angels and Miss Anthropocene, Visions is the other album of hers I revisit constantly. I've had moments where I have played Geidi Primes or Halfaxa and they're cute but not as impressive or powerful as her other material. The Darkbloom EP? We don't know her.

I'm really here for Book 1 even if it feels kinda generic because I vibe to Shinigami Eyes and Player of Games (and the shitton of snippets she played in TikTok 2020-2021, particularly 100% Tragedy which sounded really good) but they're nowhere to be found :toofunny: 

don't get me wrong, i enjoy some of Visions but certainly not the whole thing! it's just messier to me than her recent stuff. Art Angels is my favorite. Shinigami Eyes is soooo fun.

3 minutes ago, letterblue said:

should i even dive any deeper if i think Halfaxa is garbage?

Simple answer is, no. While Oblivion and Genesis have some sort of comprehend-able vision , she was barely lucid and tweaking while making it…. So it’s not the kind of music that’s supposed to be “got”. Imo half of that shit is just utter garbage.

1 minute ago, LunaeManifestum said:

:teehee:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

no she was barely lucid and tweaking it’s not the kind of music your looking for from her

:air: thank you both. it was just noise.