Beemo

Grimes

I have 51 songs so far, that unreleased link should fill me up real nicely :smokes3:

Is Grimes a lezzy? Or is she into the D? I know oblivion is about the sexual assault by a guy but in the description of the Don't Smoke My Blunt video, it mentioned a lesbian in the video, unless it's the fat girl (guess I answered my own question) :lel:

:facepalm:

I have 51 songs so far, that unreleased link should fill me up real nicely :smokes3:

Is Grimes a lezzy? Or is she into the D? I know oblivion is about the sexual assault by a guy but in the description of the Don't Smoke My Blunt video, it mentioned a lesbian in the video, unless it's the fat girl (guess I answered my own question) :lel:

How cringey of you to even bring her sexuality into her music (when she clearly doesn't mention it). The most sexual song she has is Oblivion and it's about sexual assault rather than her expressing an affinity for sex or her relationship with men/women.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

How cringey of you to even bring her sexuality into her music (when she clearly doesn't mention it).

Well if you look it up, she explained that Oblivion is actually about sexual assault aka something she went through I'm guessing with her bf, I just made a simple question not wanting to discuss sexual assault but more if she was into girls (saw a picture of her kissing another girl) or guys or both, nothing more.

:smokes3:

:smokes:

Well if you look it up, she explained that Oblivion is actually about sexual assault aka something she went through I'm guessing with her bf, I just made a simple question not wanting to discuss sexual assault but more if she was into girls (saw a picture of her kissing another girl) or guys or both, nothing more.

Nevertheless, I find it kinda rude to invade artists like that. I mean, it's not your fault, the music and artistic world has this stupid generational problem that instead of looking up to artists as just artists and leaving the person alone, to judge the music (or not) their private lives need to be released to the common knowledge. It's so obnoxious. I wish questions like these were never asked in the first place. And now that they are, I have no answer because the fact that if she's either gay or straight is kind of irrelevant to me. (I, again, make it clear: This is not about you, but about the habits and trends of people not being able to leave the person aside and just enjoy their music)

And about the sexual assault, if you followed both the interview and the song lines, it's clearly not about her bf.

Okay, let's analyze the lyrical content of Oblivion because if you actually listened to the song at all then you'd realize it's about a sexual assault not a domestic sexual abuse situation. The song is poppy to cover the true meanings of the song (which at the very least would be unwarranted physical contact).

And of course I'll highlight all of the lines about her being attacked from behind in blue and the post-assault guilt in purple and the taunting from the male perspective in green.

And never walk about, after dark

it's my point of view.

Cause someone could break your neck

Coming up behind you always coming and you'd never have a clue

(Yeah, this is definitely a welcoming sexual advance being surprised in the middle of the night, outside, is really a turn on) :agree:

And now I'm left behind, all the time

I will wait forever, always looking straight

Thinking, counting, all the hours you wait

(She feels the need to remain focused and keep the thoughts out of her head, presumably while creating new music)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(The only part of the song that could've confused you at all, it's meant to sound intimidating (victim) and enticing (attacker))

And now another clue I would ask

If you could help me out

It's hard to understand

'Cause when you're running by yourself

It's hard to find someone to hold your hand

(She was not supported by whoever she told, they either didn't believe her or did nothing to help her after the attack)

And now it's gonna be tough for me

But I will wait forever

I need someone now

To look into my eyes and tell me

Girl you know you've got to watch your health (I can see this line being about the bad eating habits she used to cope with the attack)

La la la la la

La la la la la

La la la la la

La la la la la

I see you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

Thanks for replying though. :eek: :byeh8rs:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Okay, let's analyze the lyrical content of Oblivion because if you actually listened to the song at all then you'd realize it's about a sexual assault not a domestic sexual abuse situation. The song is poppy to cover the true meanings of the song (which at the very least would be unwarranted physical contact).

And of course I'll highlight all of the lines about her being attacked from behind in blue and the post-assault guilt in purple and the taunting from the male perspective in green.

And never walk about, after dark

it's my point of view.

Cause someone could break your neck

Coming up behind you always coming and you'd never have a clue

(Yeah, this is definitely a welcoming sexual advance being surprised in the middle of the night, outside, is really a turn on) :agree:

And now I'm left behind, all the time

I will wait forever, always looking straight

Thinking, counting, all the hours you wait

(She feels the need to remain focused and keep the thoughts out of her head, presumably while creating new music)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

See you on a dark night

(The only part of the song that could've confused you at all, it's meant to sound intimidating (victim) and enticing (attacker))

And now another clue I would ask

If you could help me out

It's hard to understand

'Cause when you're running by yourself

It's hard to find someone to hold your hand

(She was not supported by whoever she told, they either didn't believe her or did nothing to help her after the attack)

And now it's gonna be tough for me

But I will wait forever

I need someone now

Girl you know you've got to watch your health (I can see this line being about the bad eating habits she used to cope with the attack)

La la la la la

La la la la la

La la la la la

La la la la la

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

(oooooooo aaaaaaaaa)

Thanks for replying though. :eek: :byeh8rs:

slay atom heart!

Why are you trying so hard to "try to prove me wrong" on something I'm not disagreeing on?

Okay, it's not about her bf, do you want Medal?

Add me to your ignore list or I'll add you, your slight attacks all over the forum when they don't even relate to you are getting annoying.

:lel:

Why are you trying so hard to "try to prove me wrong" on something I'm not disagreeing on?

Okay, it's not about her bf, do you want Medal?

Add me to your ignore list or I'll add you, your slight attacks all over the forum when they don't even relate to you are getting annoying.

:lel:

Provide me with evidence of these "slight attacks all over the forum", I don't have problems with anyone here and it's evident that I proved you wrong and now you're mad. Don't flatter yourself or your overly inflated ego. Have a nice day. :lmao:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Just curious, do people here have faves from the first two albums? Like does anyone prefer them over the stuff on Visions?

Shadout Mapes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

no but really also Rosa and Beast Infection... 

don't even get me fucking started but everything on Halfaxa is perfect in my eyes, fav album of all time, and Geidi Primes is up there too

Provide me with evidence of these "slight attacks all over the forum", I don't have problems with anyone here and it's evident that I proved you wrong and now you're mad. Don't flatter yourself or your overly inflated ego. Have a nice day. :lmao:

The MOTM thread, liking Gangsta's reply to me in our misunderstanding. The marina thread, me arguing with someone over a comment and you jumping in to call me a brat, dumb comment on my status on Marina Boards and sometimes on LanaBoards too.

I couldn't care less about losing this "argument" and "proving me wrong" (I'd like for you to tell me how I lost beside the bf theory which I even stated to be unsure since the beginning) but why not get it over with and just block me? I'm telling you to, so do it

:smokes2: :lel:

Shadout Mapes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

no but really also Rosa and Beast Infection...

don't even get me fucking started but everything on Halfaxa is perfect in my eyes, fav album of all time, and Geidi Primes is up there too

Interesting, thanks! I'll definitely pay attention to these as I continue to listen.

H0bDaqU.gif

qm4IPJM.png?1T

This is my collection! I leave the albums free from bonus tracks, (most specifically Visions), and leave all misc. as under "Grimes".

If I'm missing something, let me know, if you see something you want, also just tell me. :hooker:

There are plenty of songs out there, such as Saturn Princess and some new live versions, but I don't think they're worth collecting at this point since most of them are low quality, and I know the new ones are gonna be on the album. (I hope...)

qm4IPJM.png?1T

This is my collection! I leave the albums free from bonus tracks, (most specifically Visions), and leave all misc. as under "Grimes".

If I'm missing something, let me know, if you see something you want, also just tell me. :hooker:

There are plenty of songs out there, such as Saturn Princess and some new live versions, but I don't think they're worth collecting at this point since most of them are low quality, and I know the new ones are gonna be on the album. (I hope...)

I'd love if you posted these here:

Tabula Rasa

Unplugged

Ritual

Don't Smoke My Blunt Bitch

Dream World

:)

H0bDaqU.gif