Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

2 hours ago, Lukeb said:

No I really see these as 2 separate albums. I’ve created a She Is Miley Cyrus album since we have 17 tracks from that era and a track list. If tracks like Adios leak too I’ll place them there too, I did add Win Some to Plastic Hearts. 

I completely understand why you’ve done that. For me, I feel the mastered/released songs should be separate from Unmastered/Demos. I love how people see things differently! 

Phresh off the first official listen and I love it soooo much. It's kinda weird bc I've been listening to most of the songs since September, but the 3 new tracks are excellent too

So many tracks ring true to my own life, it's crazy. High's amazing, Never Be Me's beautiful, Prisoner works so much better w/in the album too. I can definitely hear some differences in mixes for some tracks but I'll get used to them. Just really happy it's finally out :rock: :wub:

I thought the album was really strong and had really great melodies, i only wish the songs were a little longer 

i also feel like after midnight sky it kinda declined besides never be me- i really liked the bridge 

bad karma was kinda a disappointment, i think the moan sounds got too distracting and joan didn’t add much to the song unfortunately 

my faves are 

wtf do i know 

plastic hearts (this grew on me really quick) 

gimme what i want 

angels like you (feel like she could be talking about cody since he was kinda her rebound) 

Ok. So its, well incredible. Only complaint, and it might be cus im broken but it sometimes sounds like they backed off her vocals randomly, like they were afraid of her power. However, Angels Like You, Hate Me, and Never Be Me may be the goddamn TRIFECTA of this woman's incredible evolution to- i wouldn't even call her a rock star, its too simple-This is just an iconic survival, she should've gone down 12 times over now. Night Crawling and Gimme What I Want are such swagger, High was the grower but im into it, and Bad Karma is sexxxy. But Angels Like You and Hate Me, I was rendered to tears. When the lyrics speak to the personal and universal, it can overwhelm the senses and cause the levy of my tear ducts to break. This is a fucking masterpiece.

it’s soooo good. this style fits her so well. all the songs are beautiful as fuck. i’m sorry it got leaked twice lol but it still sounds incredible and i’m glad i can finally listen to it officially on spotify uwu

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Considering I've been listening to half of this record since summer, I'm really surprised at how fresh and exciting it feels as a complete body of work.

Never Be Me is a career highlight for her! But yeah, the whole thing is amazing, I loved Bangerz from day 1 but Younger Now always felt underwhelming (its grown on me now)... So it's nice to see Miley back on top form.

Album is full of bangers so glad it's finally here. I love all the imagery on her instagram for it too. She has seriously brought me so much joy with her music and covers this year.

Angels Like You is obviously a power ballad stadium moment :gclap:

Plastic Hearts is hitting me so much harder than the leak. It's such an ear worm.

Gimme What I Want is so sick and different to any song she has done. I'd love her to follow this sound further.

Night Crawling fucking slaps. It seems she's far less prominent on the hook in the final mix though, I guess she wanted to let Billy shine.

High is so beautiful I'm glad I didn't listen to the leak. This is the one that stuck with me most on first listen of the album.

Bad Karma is full of so many great one-liners that get stuck in my head. I appreciate it's more experimental and sparse composition, they could have easily made it a palatable pop track with that great chorus. I love the personality on it even though it might not be the banger it could be.

Golden G String is the only outlier to me. It sounds to me like it was inspired by like the Beatles/MGMT. Pretty similar to what LSD were doing.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I dunno whether it's just this time of year but something about Golden G String feels festive? Like every time I play it I'm reminded of Fairytale Of New York?! 

Also, this isn't a negative, just thought I'd share haha