Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

14 hours ago, bel air rose said:

is anyone buying her merch? i kinda love the sketch art sweat pants but i cannot justify spending $85 on that 

I preordered the white metal fantasy shirt, it looks too cool to pass up. But I agree, $85 for sweats is way too much. Merch in general has become insanely overpriced 

5 hours ago, cellophane said:

I preordered the white metal fantasy shirt, it looks too cool to pass up. But I agree, $85 for sweats is way too much. Merch in general has become insanely overpriced 

i love that sketch, i would buy if it was a t-shirt or tank, i hate the fit of those long sleeves:crai:

I orderd the black and white CD, I love this record so much.
The strong 80s FM vibe of it makes me feel so good.

my faves : Hate Me :crying: / Plastic Hearts / Gimme What I Want / Edge of Midnight

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Since the sales are fucked in the US due to physical copy delays caused by Black Friday, the first week numbers aren't great... There's rumored to be a deluxe version of the record planned later on.

Could her / her team consider a After Hours style release, perhaps releasing a digital deluxe version of the record to coincide with the delayed physical sales? New music would help keep the streaming numbers steady, the already purchased physicals would ship and count and then surely the CD being available in stores would give some boost? They could even get some signed copies going and maybe cassettes? Even do a limited run of physical deluxe editions...

Otherwise I imagine they'll just let the first week sales be a dud and then plan the re-release for Spring when the LP copies are available.

22 hours ago, bel air rose said:

i love that sketch, i would buy if it was a t-shirt or tank, i hate the fit of those long sleeves:crai:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of those long sleeve shirts either, but I made an exception for this one

22 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

It sucks that The Most live at Glastonbury is nowhere on the internet? I watched it live on TV and can't find it

This is the best I could find. The ending seems to be glitching 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Trash Magic said:

It sucks that The Most live at Glastonbury is nowhere on the internet? I watched it live on TV and can't find it

i think i downloaded the full Glastonbury set, let me see if i can find it

i found a link to the full show https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WdtJe0RqMwTkAfUAa_R3Kak426n9YVVT/view?usp=sharing 

remove if not allowed 

Wow thank you! @cellophane @Danny Milk

I seriously can't think of a chorus to another song with such a knock-out string of back to back couplets of lyrics than Angels Like You.

I know that you're wrong for me

Gonna wish we never met on the day I leave

I brought you down to your knees

Cause they say that misery loves company

It's not your fault I ruin everything

And it's not your fault I can't be what you need

Baby, angels like you can't fly down here with me

I'm everything they said I would be

:defeated:  So confessional and self-deprecating. It's seriously perfect wtf.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

So it's been a week since PH came out and I've been listening to it nonstop, not just specific songs but the whole album over and over again. I love it so much, every song is a killer and cuts deep, w/ some cutting even deeper, like Angels Like You (a legendary and heart wrenching chorus if you ask me), High (this song is so accurate for me, it's insane), Hate Me (cue the moment in September when I first heard the lines 'drownin' in my thoughts, starin' at the clock, and I know I'm not on your mind' whew, I felt that) and Never Be Me (when she sings 'I'd never lie to you, baby' in the bridge I always lose it) Also Golden G String is a beautiful way to end the album.

I was a bit ambivalent towards the new version of Bad Karma in the beginning, but now it slaps hard. I've literally lip synched to every song time and again lol. Gimme What I Want is still probably my fave, but I honestly love every song, I can't stress that enough, the title track is such a bop.

And plus all the live performances she's given this era so far slay hard, Heart of Glass, Zombie, Who Owns My Heart, Midnight Sky at Tonight Show might be my fave live performance of that song, I still have to finish the Zane Lowe interview, listen to all the backyard sessions songs, and try to find the new Howard Stern interview, I read some bits and pieces from it today online. And the looks this era have been such serves too, love the album cover, the hair, the style - everything. The pics of the booklet I've seen online look dope too.

Plus 75 on metacritic is pretty great, her best score yet. Even the pitchfork review was good, it raised some very good points, though they could've given her a higher score

So I'm just gonna say thank so much, queen. This is an amazing era. :gclap:

Hopefully she will release a deluxe including songs from She Is MC... The album feels too short, Midnight Sky remix and those 2 covers don’t seem to help. I really wanted the 3 EP’s trilogy to be released :rollin: