Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

3 minutes ago, Blossom said:

omg im listening and it sounds like that bruno mars song when I was ur man

idk i dig it but tbh i don't understand why this album isn't coming out 3 moths later. this song would've hit different in mid/late-Spring. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

10 minutes ago, Mer said:

idk i dig it but tbh i don't understand why this album isn't coming out 3 moths later. this song would've hit different in mid/late-Spring. 

not to continue miley talk in the pre-release thread but i actually really like how she’s releasing a summer album in March, that way you have the album as soon as it starts getting warmer and you have it for the entire season. throwback to lorde releasing Solar Power with less than a month left of the summer lmao :rip:

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

not to continue miley talk in the pre-release thread but i actually really like how she’s releasing a summer album in March, that way you have the album as soon as it starts getting warmer and you have it for the entire summer. throwback to lorde releasing Solar Power with less than a month left of the summer lmao :rip:

In Lorde’s defence, it was almost summer for New Zealand 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Weird to hear her on something so restrained after how maximalist everything about Plastic Hearts was thematically to vocally. 

Reaffirms what an instant classic Midnight Sky was like WOW.

This feels tame in comparison, excited for the album none the less

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

not to continue miley talk in the pre-release thread but i actually really like how she’s releasing a summer album in March, that way you have the album as soon as it starts getting warmer and you have it for the entire season. throwback to lorde releasing Solar Power with less than a month left of the summer lmao :rip:

fans are speculating it’s releasing in march so she can have a summer tour !

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

It’s a bop. Kinda giving me Zella Day vibes with the little bit of disco flair

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

It’s a bop. Kinda giving me Zella Day vibes with the little bit of disco flair

yess and even the music video with her dancing around her house it gave me her You Sexy Thing music video :hype:

anyway I hope the album is more inspired than this cause... :bebe: yeah this was definitely underwhelming 

I agree with what I've been seeing a lot of people saying about how it feels somewhat restrained and like it needed something extra like a key change or stronger pre-chorus. like if you're gonna strongly reference one of bruno mars' most popular and emotional songs at least make sure you're not being outsung by him :awkney: its just very forgettable 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 minute ago, pin up galore said:

yess and even the music video with her dancing around her house it gave me her You Sexy Thing music video :hype:

anyway I hope the album is more inspired than this cause... :bebe: yeah this was definitely underwhelming 

I agree with what I've been seeing a lot of people saying about how it feels somewhat restrained and like it needed something extra like a key change or stronger pre-chorus. like if you're gonna strongly reference one of bruno mars' most popular and emotional songs at least make sure you're not being outsung by him :awkney: its just very forgettable 

Yup, the You Sexy Thing video immediately came to mind. Seems like she’s just taking ideas from Lana and Zella at this point. A key change in the song would have been nice though 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

It's cute and it'll probably be a grower, but as a "comeback single" it's extremely underwhelming. I'm surprised that Miley is playing it safe this time around. It's not bad, just uninspired. It's the opening track of the album btw (13 tracks in total). 

I like it but I expected a harder hitting song as the lead considering she's going all out with the promo and the concept.

Like a lot of people are going to listen to it and think nice then never play it again :eek:

It sounds just like a (good) album track

giphy.gif