Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

RCA does this thing where they go all in on an artists first album with them and then pay them dust after, Kesha is another good example of this is and so is Tinashe. 

Dead Petz was free and polarizing and yeah Younger Now was a misstep that she did to try and please Liam because he wanted her to tone it down and she was trying to make the relationship work, which means it wasn’t as genuine, probably part of the reason she didn’t really promote it and why many people didn’t connect to it. She lost a lot of support during that timeframe. 

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

More proof that the general public are braindead. Anyway stream dead petz  :trisha:

i love flowers but JUSTICE FOR DEAD PETZ :omg: it’s not discussed enough how much of an underrated masterpiece that album is

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

Woohoo, now we rank albums here!

Mine is (ready for the stones):

Plastic Hearts > She Is Miley Cyrus > Younger Now > Dead Petz > Bangerz

(I don't think it's fair because I know nothing Miley before Bangerz, but)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Plastic Hearts > Dead Petz > She Is Miley Cyrus > Younger Now > Bangerz

bangerz should be higher but i'd actually say that if you move BGZ in between dead petz & SIMC it's pretty solid :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, paris texas said:

bangerz should be higher but i'd actually say that if you move BGZ in between dead petz & SIMC it's pretty solid :true:

i know :defeated: probs Bangerz is my least replayed Miley album, I need more time with it. BUT i remember it having some true bangers, I need a rediscovery :bop: 

Question for everyone If you could add 4 tracks to she is coming what would you add. For me I’d add 1000 times Mary Jane cold blooded and nothing breaks like a heart

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Plastic Hearts > She Is Miley Cyrus > Younger Now > Dead Petz > Bangerz

1. plastic hearts/SIMC (its all the same album to me)
  2. bangerz
  3. cant be tamed
  4. hannah montana forever
  5. breakout
  6. hannah montana 3 / the movie soundtrack
  7. meet miley cyrus / hannah montana 2
  8. hannah montana
  9. dead petz
  10. younger now

Just now, Gravitate said:

Anybody have a master post? The one I had was taken down

I might have some miley Cyrus but definitely not a masterpost

Also should note some of them are YouTube rips 

11 minutes ago, ahsokaswift61 said:

Question for everyone If you could add 4 tracks to she is coming what would you add. For me I’d add 1000 times Mary Jane cold blooded and nothing breaks like a heart

to She Is Coming? for the vibe of the songs in it, I think American Dream, Sagittarius, LA Money and Victoria.

BUT if I were to choose 4 songs from the sessions to be released, they would definitely be If I Fall, Mary Jane, Cold Blooded and LA Money.

Plastic Hearts > Bangerz = Can’t Be Tamed = She is Coming =Breakout > TTOOL = Meet Miley Cyrus > Younger Now > Dead Petz

Now if we add Hannah Montana in there it’s a different conversation. 

Plastic Hearts = Hannah Montana 3 = Hannah Montana: The Movie > Bangerz = Can’t Be Tamed = She is Coming = Hannah Montana OST = Hannah Montana 2 = Breakout > TTOOL = Meet Miley Cyrus > Younger Now = Hannah Montana Forever > Dead Petz

So hard to rank when she has a plethora of incredible, timeless albums. 

im not trying to hate but the way this song blew the up is kind of insane to me. it’s definitely not her best song and arguably not her best lead single and it’s probably going to be a billboard #1. it’s not even her most commercial song tiktok marketing is so weird. still so exciting nonetheless i can’t wait for this album plastic hearts was such a strong era 

3 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

im not trying to hate but the way this song blew the up is kind of insane to me. it’s definitely not her best song and arguably not her best lead single and it’s probably going to be a billboard #1. it’s not even her most commercial song tiktok marketing is so weird. still so exciting nonetheless i can’t wait for this album plastic hearts was such a strong era 

I agree I don’t hate the song either but I am confused :deadbanana:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

4 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

Regardless of song quality, I believe from now on, Lead Singles - especially from the main pop girls, are gonna be #1. It’s the power of standom & purposeful streams.

Very cold & calculated game…

:air:

IMG-3521.jpg

17 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

I think it really shows how important a good label is to an artist. Like, this song is miles below MS quality but still doing 100x better because of all the promotion her team did. She made the right choice moving to Capitol :gclap:

giphy.gif 

I feel like most people regarding Flowers, Its not a bad sounding song at all but definetly not her best either! 

I wish Midnight Sky, Mothers Daughter or Slide Away would have had this push from the label or even the general public since they are some of Mileys best… 

Flowers is an odd option for a lead single, I was not expecting this much attetion. I consider Taste of My Own a better option since Its catchier but whatever does justice to Miley (she is famous but still so underrated, such an iconic and carismatic performer and personality). :agree: