Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

The production is really great but the melodies and tempos are boring-it’s the same kind of vibe all the way through- fast with an anthem chorus.

It sounds like a Harry Styles album is the best way to put it.

The tracks could have benefitted from breathing room and a slower tempo in places because you can tell it was engineered for tik tok which won’t give it longevity.

yeah because the producers who work with harry, namely kid harpoon, worked on this record which is why i was nervous about miley working with them. he also ruined maggie rogers new album too 😵💫

at least handstand is cunt 

Listening to it right now… The album is really tame… it’s clear to me they wanted to target basic white hetero girls in their 30s with this! At least with the AM part…

Sad Taste of my Own, Mirror and Fucked Up Forever where toasted for some of this songs… still Flowers is the worst of them all 

Overall sounds like a watered down Miley :awkney: 

7 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

yeah because the producers who work with harry, namely kid harpoon, worked on this record which is why i was nervous about miley working with them. he also ruined maggie rogers new album too 😵💫

at least handstand is cunt 

Ah that makes sense- I could hear similarities but couldn’t define exactly how but it just sounds like one of his with the song structures etc 

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Ah that makes sense- I could hear similarities but couldn’t define exactly how but it just sounds like one of his with the song structures etc 

yeah the instrumental of rose colored lenses sounds so much like grape juice from harry’s last album

I think people are trying to make this record out to be way more than what it is. I think it’s a good album!!! Is this how the people who enjoyed Chromatica felt? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

1 minute ago, matchstick26 said:

I wasn’t expecting to like this album at all because I hate Flowers but all eleven of the other tracks are f***ing scalping me WTF :paris:

EXACTLY BITCH AND THATS WHY I TOLD HER I SAID MAAM

Okay, after first listen this are mi thoughts: 

1. Flowers - 4 (I don’t like it and it’s way overplayed, also that Bruno Mars sample…)

2. Jaded - 8 (the chorus is really catchy but an instrumental outro breakdown would have made it a 10) 

3. Rose Colored Lenses - 5 ( I don’t care for this one… really tame) 

4. Thousand Miles - 7.5 (the instrumental saves this one for me, gives me early Shakira vibes with harmonica… Brandi is barely present, what up with features lately?) 

5. You - 7 (I like it, gives me Freddy Mercury vibes… still somehow I don’t connect with it much) 

6. Handstand - 8.5 (at first sounds a little strange but I’m sure it will grow on me, I see the NFR comparisons. Also sounds more like an interlude) 

7. River - 9.5 (A BOP that could use another minute but we already know… serious disco vibes)

8. Violet Chemistry - 7 (Still has to grow on me but not bad)

9. Muddy Feet - 8.5 (I know I’m gonna get dragged but am I the only one thinking this is one of the most up-tempo and interesting ones? Sia isn’t even there for the most part and I guess the lyrics are referencing someone cheating? I don’t know, I really like it at first listen is one of the few that got a punch) 

10. Wildcard - 9 (Just like Muddy Feet I really like this one, great chorus and the vocals remind me of Fucked Up Forever) 

11. Island - 5 (Really boring and it may be one of the few cases I would have shortened the track cause that last chorus… tedious) 

12. Wonder Woman - 6 (You vibes but forgettable, I like the lyrics though, perfect fit for a closer) 

Overall sounds really tame and boring at times… You can hear the potential at times but she fails to take it there… miss her edgy style from PH, I wish she would had sticked to that a little longer (I know she likes to switch things up fast, but it suited her so much). Honestly the outtakes (Taste Of My Own, Mirror and Fucked Up Forever) sound far better than some of the tracks, which is a shame, she should include them… You can tell she took inspiration from all her eras for this, specially Her Dead Petz leaving PH almost out! The label is clearly pushing her to target white 30 something women and basic hetero audience, with some gay BOPs here and there (River, Handstand) for them to feel inclusive 

the AM and PM concept is lazy and uninspiring, only leaves room for interesting songs in the second half and the first one is quite boring. I don’t know if my expectations did me dirty, but I was hopping for something better after PH… now we’ll have to wait another 3 years for another record and till then, at least enjoy her live performances (hopefully she still has IT in her) 

So after my first listen:

AM: Except from Jaded (which I LOVED) and Handstand (which I LOVED the instrumental but feel the song could be way better), no other song clicked for me.

PM: Loved EVERY single one SO MUCH! I can't believe she ruined the second part of the album w/ Flower's demo like, Wonder Woman would be such a good closer :oprah:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I found this take interesting considering what I wrote earlier about it sounding like H&M 💀-

I fear this album is too unique and textured for some of you Ava Max’d and Selena’d H&M dressing room f words. Miley went in with no intention to follow trends (besides on Floppers) but she really sunk her teeth in on this project 

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I found this take interesting considering what I wrote earlier about it sounding like H&M 💀-

I fear this album is too unique and textured for some of you Ava Max’d and Selena’d H&M dressing room f words. Miley went in with no intention to follow trends (besides on Floppers) but she really sunk her teeth in on this project 

Girl I don’t think you’d hear Headstand or River in H&M :rip:

You’d certainly hear My Head My Heart though :flutter:

6 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Girl I don’t think you’d hear Headstand or River in H&M :rip:

You’d certainly hear My Head My Heart though :flutter:

You would in the UK- synthy music like that is all over every H&M here with the hushed singing

The little sparkles sounds too