Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I listened to it once, tried it again and didn't even finish the third song. :xgiggle:

try again, it's a masterpiece that takes time :xcry:

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

The album wouldn’t even be fresh in 2018- dated on arrival 

clearly you havent't streamed handstand, violet chemistry:xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

48 minutes ago, creditcardromancer said:

It’s #1 on apple music in 69 countries and #1 on itunes in 41, how is that flopping? 💀

But those aren’t sales figures-you’ll have to take up with the person who stated it and made a thread 

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

try again, it's a masterpiece that takes time :xcry:

clearly you havent't streamed handstand, violet chemistry:xcry:

Oh handstand was good and river but the songs were all too short and melodically lacking-those two were standouts though for sure 

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Oh handstand was good and river but the songs were all too short and melodically lacking-those two were standouts though for sure 

taste:true:

STAY A WHILE STAY A WHILE WITH ME

STAY A WHILE DON'T DENY THE VIOLET CHEMISTRY

STAY A WHILE STAY A WHILE WITH ME 

STAY A WHILE PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME

PUT THEM AROUND ME!

giphy.gif

I listened to the album a few times today while working and I enjoyed it :true:

didn’t change my life, but it was all quite pleasant and cohesive. I do think it has a summery vibe?

Favorites would be Rose Colored Lenses, Island, and Wonder Woman :oprah:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

'Wildcard' is definitely my favorite song from the new album! 

I am gonna be honest, the others are good - but not sure I am craving to listen to any of them again after several listens :(

Super repetitive for me. I love the artwork/aesthetics tho... its chic and cute. 

just not really obsessed with the entire project as a whole. 

but I am super happy with the recognition Miley is getting! she's so good ! I think I was guessing from the aesthetics the music would be different (something I also thought when taylorswift teased the aesthetics for midnights) 

i’m so sorry but i absolutely hated the album. i feel like i’m missing something or i just need to get high as fuck and relisten to understand her artistic vision

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

This album is a grower… also I think u need to be in a specific mood to totally grasp it, if not it falls flat… can’t wait to listen to it while sunbathing, a vibe! :agree:

Also I don’t get the hate for Muddy Feet! I thinks it’s really moody and dark in a good way, I like it even if Sia is featured for a few seconds

18 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

so endless summer vacation only debuted with 27.7 million streams … something is fishy in here

Yeah flowers was extremely frontloaded- that and the Liam PR to drive sales. 

Hence why the album is low on sales.

she should have followed the genuine organic success(for a major label act) of plastic hearts and continued to gain respect via performances, covers and better engagement with her audience- she’s kind of wrecked it for a one off hit.

I don’t care for sales but she’s not doomed necessarily- Anti by Rihanna was deemed the biggest flop by a pop girl ever with articles written about nobody buying it at all…but now it’s a cult classic and one of her top streamers- I don’t think it has the quality to reach it personally but who knows