Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t care for sales but she’s not doomed necessarily- Anti by Rihanna was deemed the biggest flop by a pop girl ever with articles written about nobody buying it at all…but now it’s a cult classic and one of her top streamers- I don’t think it has the quality to reach it personally but who knows 

I think that may have something to do with the fact Rihanna has taken a veeery long hiatus after Anti… normally when an artist disappears for that long their fans star longing them and go back to their last proyect! 

I think the fact Miley takes 3 years between albums is actually smart, gives her more room to rebrand herself each time (Bangerz era like this crazy party girl, Dead Petz like this pot smoking titties out indie person, Younger Now like this chill country lovebird, She Is Coming like coming back to pop roots, Plastic Hearts to classic 70s bangers with a vintage flavour and ESV like this come to age fully realized grown woman). 

Like it or not, you can’t deny the way even with the most drastic changes she manages to make them work… maybe the one that feels more “artificial” to me may be this last one! Still really true herself in songs like You, Violet Chemistry, Wildcard, Thousand Miles or Muddy Feet. 

Curious to see where she goes from now on, I doubt she will stick to this pop girlie image, specially after this cold reception! But again, she always surprises me with her choices, it was clear GP wanted more of her rock era but she changed it anyway… I’m just hoping she leaves the Liam themed songs to the minimum from now on… she already touched that topic in PH and now more of the same in ESV, I understand it’s a 10 year relationship and the label probably wanted to promote her new music with a little controversy but if she continues like that it might feel redundant… they divorced like more than 2 years ago, it’s time to let go. 

WHY is the album flopping on the charts...?:ohno: ESV deserve so much better than this... STREAM HANDSTAND, JADED, RIVER, ISLAND, VIOLET CHEMISTRY ETC AS FUCK IN THE MEANTIME THAT WE'RE ALL WAITING FOR OUR GAL LANA :pout:

But as someone said earlier in the thread, the sound would overall fit better in the actual summer. Maybe that has something to do with it...

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

20 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

try again, it's a masterpiece that takes time :xcry:

clearly you havent't streamed handstand, violet chemistry:xcry:

Tbh those two are the only interesting tracks in the album. The rest is kinda boring imo

17 hours ago, sack said:

i’m so sorry but i absolutely hated the album. i feel like i’m missing something or i just need to get high as fuck and relisten to understand her artistic vision

It’s super generic and repetitive. After Plastic Hearts, I had high expectations.

1 hour ago, God&Monster said:

It’s super generic and repetitive. After Plastic Hearts, I had high expectations.

exactly :delicious: the album has 0 creativity, i can’t remember a single song i listened to because it’s so bland and forgettable

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

11 hours ago, imaginist said:

Miley hasn’t even had a good single since the one Disney wrote for her or whatever lol, something about mountains 

Let’s not be that delusional :hillary:

I believe u are talking about Demi and Selena :toofloppy:  Im lying… “Come and Get It” and “Cool for the Summer” are good 

Okay so… after a few listens I think Slide Away can fit ESV even better than Flowers…

Endless Summer Vacation (Miley Cyrus):

1.     Slide Away

2.     Jaded

3.     Taste Of My Own

4.     Naked

5.     Island

6.     Best Night 

7.     Handstand

8.     River

9.     Violet Chemistry

10.   Muddy Feet

11.   Wildcard

12.   You

Also, Best Night as the AM part closer sounds right… Island sounds more like the day part to me rather the night… Slide Away deserved more (the Flowers treatment) 

Miley Cyrus - Endless Summer Tour

01. Handstand

02. Plastic Hearts

03. Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

04. 4x4

05. Wildcard

06. Angels Like You

07. River

08. Midnight Sky

09. Violet Chemistry

10. Prisoner

11. Jaded

12. Rose Colored Lenses

13. D.R.E.A.M.

14. Party Up The Street 

15. Rooting For My Baby

16. You

17. Wonder Woman

18. The Climb

19. Wrecking Ball

20. Slide Away

21. Flowers

Encore:

22. We Can't Stop

23. Party In The USA

I liked Flowers but personally didn't find the rest of the album as sonically interesting, even though her vocals are pretty and the lyrics are strong. I also love the changing melodies in a lot of the songs! Essentially, I'm just not drawn to the overall sound and I can't help that, but overall a strong album and I like the high quality of even the lyric videos! 

This all sent me down a fun rabbit hole of old song memories too!

Spoiler

WHEN THE WWAAAAVES ARE FLOODING THE SHOOORE SEJFKSJEHF THaT'S WHEN iiiiii, iiIiiIIIII, IIIII look at yooooooo. 

Spoiler

excuse me :krylie:

On 3/11/2023 at 3:12 AM, sack said:

i’m so sorry but i absolutely hated the album. i feel like i’m missing something or i just need to get high as fuck and relisten to understand her artistic vision

you're not the only one, the user rating is quite low: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/589416-miley-cyrus-endless-summer-vacation.php

9 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I believe u are talking about Demi and Selena :toofloppy:  Im lying… “Come and Get It” and “Cool for the Summer” are good 

both of these songs being from when they were still under contract to Disney/Hollywood Records :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina