Without You

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Ride

Summertime Sadness

American

Video Games

National Anthem

To be away from all, to be one of everything

I had the privilege to attend the last show of the paradise tour. The most memorable moment of the evening was when the so called "submissive" Lana Del Rey yelled in in the mic : " Turn me up, and turn that down", in the middle of a song. I thought the roof of the stadium was going to lift. No doubt who's in charge.

I had the privilege to attend the last show of the paradise tour. The most memorable moment of the evening was when the so called "submissive" Lana Del Rey yelled in in the mic : " Turn me up, and turn that down", in the middle of a song. I thought the roof of the stadium was going to lift. No doubt who's in charge.

During which song did she do that?

She did that during the concert in London also, because she can't hear things in her ear. I don't think it's a case of her being bossy. She would have to yell cause the audience is so loud? Idk..

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Okay, I think I can finally write a bit about my experience here!

I got there at 10AM with my friends and all the waiting felt like hell in the afternoon when that stupid rain started. There were 6 of us under one leaking umbrella for hours and honestly, it was all just so annoying especially with the vigilantes (or whatever they're called) watching and laughing at us inside the building.

I went to buy my merchandise when the doors opened yet got really close to the stage, like 4-5 meters far from it. Lana was so sweet and gorgeous, a lot more prettier than in pictures and it was all just so perfect. Yep, until I got dehydration at the end of Video Games and spent the most of National Anthem on ground with my eyes closed, holding from my friend's shirt because I just couldn't stand straight without everything getting blurry. I had my own private sing along -party down there just because I didn't drink my whole water bottle before throwing it away earlier because taking bottles inside the venue wasn't allowed.

Overall though it was the best night of my life - minus the dehydration of course -, I'm really happy I got to experience it all from such a short distance and that I actually saw Lana so close. She looked like an angel, really.

One of my friends got into first row and Lana signed his ticket while I bought a signed Paradise box set at the merch stand. I'm so happy for him  :)

Here's a pic of my merch:

merch.png

Okay, I think I can finally write a bit about my experience here!

I got there at 10AM with my friends and all the waiting felt like hell in the afternoon when that stupid rain started. There were 6 of us under one leaking umbrella for hours and honestly, it was all just so annoying especially with the vigilantes (or whatever they're called) watching and laughing at us inside the building.

I went to buy my merchandise when the doors opened yet got really close to the stage, like 4-5 meters far from it. Lana was so sweet and gorgeous, a lot more prettier than in pictures and it was all just so perfect. Yep, until I got dehydration at the end of Video Games and spent the most of National Anthem on ground with my eyes closed, holding from my friend's shirt because I just couldn't stand straight without everything getting blurry. I had my own private sing along -party down there just because I didn't drink my whole water bottle before throwing it away earlier because taking bottles inside the venue wasn't allowed.

Overall though it was the best night of my life - minus the dehydration of course -, I'm really happy I got to experience it all from such a short distance and that I actually saw Lana so close. She looked like an angel, really.

One of my friends got into first row and Lana signed his ticket while I bought a signed Paradise box set at the merch stand. I'm so happy for him  :)

Here's a pic of my merch:

merch.png

It's nice that they didn't have to take you out of the concert though.

And that picture with the bee on her lips looks so cool!

Vegas Baby, sorry if I didn't get my message through, or if I was unclear. My post was meant as an irony against those people who still don't get it: Lana has no svengali. Nothing gets done without her permission. She is indeed her own boss. To see and feel that at a live event was awesome.

To keep the Helsinki thread alive for a little while: The warming up act ,Kari Tapiiri was really impressing. Alone with a guitar he filled the large arena with music that made me feel euphoric. So when Lana entered the scene I was in the right mood.

Just out of curiosity, what was "that"? What did she want to turn down? :D

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I really don't know what it was, so it's anybodys guess. She was pointing the hand in wich she held the mic in the general direction of the audience.(or the front of the stage). After the show she was accused by at least one reviewer in a big finnish mag to have used  pre-recorded audience-singing. ( it sounded to perfect, the journalist wrote).I've never believed that. I'm sure it's not true. Maybe, and I hate to say it( being a diehard Lana fan), the Lana team " helped " the front rows with mics placed in front of the scene. But in that case they underestimated the Finns, they were not as quiet as rumour would have it. On the contrary they can be very loud( just go to a hockeygame). So they had to turn the volume down because Lana couldn't even hear herself. I'm guessing of course.

The start of Cola (and the show) was a mess sound-wise, the audience was so loud that it was hard to hear Lana sing and her voice was lost in all the obnoxious screaming (I think some of the girls thought they were in a Justin Bieber concert?). She actually said "Turn me up! Turn them down!".

To be away from all, to be one of everything