♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

Jewels N' Drugs has grown on me and let me tell you I'm living for its bad bitch energy

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 hours ago, Loreen said:

Jewels N' Drugs has grown on me and let me tell you I'm living for its bad bitch energy

Same, for a long time I couldn't even pass first 10 seconds, that's how much I hated the song and now it might be my favourite off Artpop :flutter: The drop before first chorus and then chorus change after Too $hort verse, soooo good

4 hours ago, TRENCH said:

OHHHHH so NOW ya'll wanna kiss and cuddle Jewels n drugs when ive been saying its one of the best on artpop for years

mmmhhhhhhhhh........:sideeye:

Its still too heavy on the features but tbf on Gaga it was waaay ahead of the game if you consider the early prototype trap-esque elements within the track.

Seriously if it was released say two/three years ago as a single it would've done really well, especially when looking back on what was happening in the charts at the time :oic3:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

ARTPOP doesn't work as an album. I know that the genre mix was intentional, but it makes everything feel so disconnected that it almost feels like a playlist with unreleased songs. I wish it was more jazz and r&b influenced like the title track and Sexxx Dreams.

1 hour ago, Moon River said:

Artpop still sucks ass. ?

We stan a top!

40 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

ARTPOP doesn't work as an album. I know that the genre mix was intentional, but it makes everything feel so disconnected that it almost feels like a playlist with unreleased songs. I wish it was more jazz and r&b influenced like the title track and Sexxx Dreams.

I personally don't find the tracklist disconnected but messy and not cohesive (kind of) but that was the intention afaik

I don't think ARTPOP problem would be "genre mix" because, personally, it works, but it does sound heavy and loud and... it gets tiring. It's the total opposite of when you have an album that halfway just stops and put every ballad and midtempo all along to finish. ARTPOP slow down a bit in the middle, with MANiCURE\Jewels N Drugs\DWUW\ARTPOP and then comeback louder and noisier than ever with Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and even Applause.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but I understand how it "doesn't work" at all as an album. But most of the songs are highlights so.... If it wasn't for the backlash from media, they'd still have plenty of obvious single choices like Gypsy and MANiCURE and also more "gaga stuff" like Sexxx Dreams and Aura. I hate how the era was cut short, but it was for the best.

And now........ Chromatica hun. 

ARTPOP is mostly a good album - it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. I think a lot of issues with people saying it’s a “bad” album come from the whole era/campaign being generally messy, which is completely understandable when lil’ troy boy carter was trying to fxck her over; changing management in the middle of an album campaign is on the list of things not to do fxcking do. I think a lot of other peoples perceptions of it being a “bad” album came from it not being as commercially successful as her first three albums as well, seeing as a lot of the internet gays only care about charts and numbers and only deem an album “good” if the numbers match up (rather than the content).

:cuteface:

ARTPOP is a good album - it’s not as dreadful as Joanne anyway.

1 hour ago, vodkaa said:

ARTPOP is like a pickle. some people don't really like pickles. but the others that do. it's like it's amazing. they LOVE that pickle. it's crunch. scrumptious VGGaVBh.gif

i LOVE the damn pickle that is artpop, so many gd bops. Venus is an all time fav.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, DinahLee said:

I don't think ARTPOP problem would be "genre mix" because, personally, it works, but it does sound heavy and loud and... it gets tiring. It's the total opposite of when you have an album that halfway just stops and put every ballad and midtempo all along to finish. ARTPOP slow down a bit in the middle, with MANiCURE\Jewels N Drugs\DWUW\ARTPOP and then comeback louder and noisier than ever with Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and even Applause.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but I understand how it "doesn't work" at all as an album. But most of the songs are highlights so.... If it wasn't for the backlash from media, they'd still have plenty of obvious single choices like Gypsy and MANiCURE and also more "gaga stuff" like Sexxx Dreams and Aura. I hate how the era was cut short, but it was for the best.

And now........ Chromatica hun. 

Unpopular opinion but I don't think none of those would've been successful as singles. Gypsy is a real lovely song but it's not commercial sonically apart for its post-chorus, MANiCURE is catchy af but it's kinda chaotic and sudden, Sexxx Dreams is iconic and essential on her discography but again, far from being commercial and I think the same for Aura

I'm glad Applause was chosen for the lead single because it's the most "commercial" song on the record and helped it to not underperform awfully. DWUW had so much potential but its lack of a music video didn't do any good and G.U.Y. came out too late 

1 hour ago, vodkaa said:

ARTPOP is like a pickle. some people don't really like pickles. but the others that do. it's like it's amazing. they LOVE that pickle. it's crunch. scrumptious VGGaVBh.gif

I guess that's what she meant with "Could show you all the reasons why my ARTPOP could mean anything" if you think about it :creep:

23 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Unpopular opinion but I don't think none of those would've been successful as singles. Gypsy is a real lovely song but it's not commercial sonically apart for its post-chorus, MANiCURE is catchy af but it's kinda chaotic and sudden, Sexxx Dreams is iconic and essential on her discography but again, far from being commercial and I think the same for Aura

I'm glad Applause was chosen for the lead single because it's most "commercial" song on the record and it helped it to not underperform awfully. DWUW had so much potential but its lack of a music video didn't do any good and G.U.Y. came out too late 

I guess that's what she meant with "Could show you all the reasons why my ARTPOP could mean anything" if you think about it :creep:

I think Gypsy is the standard EDM Love Song that every now and then end up sparkling some interest. Personally, I hate it, nnnn, and they TRIED it putting it on... SNL and, like, the Muppets special, but the song didn't pick any sales... but yeah, a full single push with Radio and so on is on another level, and it could have worked, it wasn't "radio poison" like most of the stuff. Same for MANiCURE which is like one of the few songs that she didn't... swear out of nowhere lol. 

Sexxx Dreams & Aura & Venus would have flopped but she'd be serving, I just know she'd kill it. Especially Venus, she was so... connected with that one. I'm just sure it would end up being a "signature" of sorts just because she'd perform it everywhere trying to make it happen and it would be exposed enough that people would think of it as a Hit.

a "Run the World (Girls)" tea. Or like... Million Reasons.