♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

15 hours ago, princessdollie said:

not to bring up this tired comparison but madonna was just getting started at gagas age and stefani seems so tired of being gaga already :((

gaga started her career at an earlier age tho

We also need to remember that music nowadays is consumed at a much faster rate, that started happening around the time Gaga arrived. I guess it’s due to more platforms that are giving people access to music.
Artist relevance seems to have a shorter window nowdays, with very few exemptions. I feel like Gaga’s career has had the flow of a 20 year career, especially when you compare her to a Madonna or something.

11 hours ago, monsterdino said:

these bloodpop conspiracies lmfaoooo...don't hate the guy bc Gaga is lazy to promote her music anymore, he literally produced her best album to date

it wasn't even Gaga's fault honestly. Delaying the album because of COVID basically fucked up the entire promo schedule. The restrictions on everything in the beginning made it literally impossible to promo anything, so really don't blame her for it. They had the biggest promo plan since BTW for this album and in the space of a few weeks it went out the fucking window never to be seen again.

9 hours ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

huh? all of these are real bestie

stem/pro tools session edits.

29 minutes ago, Life said:

it wasn't even Gaga's fault honestly. Delaying the album because of COVID basically fucked up the entire promo schedule. The restrictions on everything in the beginning made it literally impossible to promo anything, so really don't blame her for it. They had the biggest promo plan since BTW for this album and in the space of a few weeks it went out the fucking window never to be seen again.

stem/pro tools session edits.

this really isn't an excuse though, there were TONS of things that they could have done for promo instead...look at dua for example, she was doing so much promo even during the height of the lockdown. even katy was doing live performances whilst pregnant AND in lockdown. i completely understand that physically, gaga's health isn't as great, but it's wrong to act like there was nothing they could do during covid. what about chromaticaTV for example?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

this really isn't an excuse though, there were TONS of things that they could have done for promo instead...look at dua for example, she was doing so much promo even during the height of the lockdown. even katy was doing live performances whilst pregnant AND in lockdown. i completely understand that physically, gaga's health isn't as great, but it's wrong to act like there was nothing they could do during covid. what about chromaticaTV for example?

there kind of is, though. it was at the very beginning of the pandemic so nobody had a fxcking clue what they were doing. there was no set of instructions that came with this pandemic. all of the promo that was planned was scrapped, because the sheer size of it wasn't possible to reschedule - all of it is done months and months in advance and it just isn't easy to instantly reschedule the entire thing normally, let alone when the whole world has been on its head. no shade to katy either, for example, but she didn't have anywhere near as much on her plate as Gaga has the last year - the album wasn't the only thing for her to work on. it really is a shame because chromatica is such a good album and deserved the most, because i highly doubt the tour will happen now as well. it's really not her fault.

23 minutes ago, Life said:

there kind of is, though. it was at the very beginning of the pandemic so nobody had a fxcking clue what they were doing. there was no set of instructions that came with this pandemic. all of the promo that was planned was scrapped, because the sheer size of it wasn't possible to reschedule - all of it is done months and months in advance and it just isn't easy to instantly reschedule the entire thing normally, let alone when the whole world has been on its head. .

except that's not what i said...i never said they needed to reschedule it, but there were PLENTY of other opportunities for promotion that no-one on her team bothered to do. dua was doing live at home performances...katy was on GMA singing from her garden...the cold truth is that they didn't bother to adapt to the times and scrapped everything instead of trying to work with what they had

no shade to katy either, for example, but she didn't have anywhere near as much on her plate as Gaga has the last year - the album wasn't the only thing for her to work on.

??? she was literally pregnant AND doing american idol ......

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know what happened in this era, but I feel like it's forced. Gaga didn't look good, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes, and indeed it is quite unusual for her not to be promoted. I also think the failure of the album must have chilled her, see how Artpop affected her on that. I don't know, I think her health is not good, that she is no longer motivated and maybe wants to change all that. If you notice she talks a lot about sanity in the interviews and how she was affected by it all. We don't know everything.

But I'm not going to lie to you, there was no effort at all on his side and that's a shame. A little improvised live in her living room, in her garden would have done the trick.

A general communication on the album would have done the job (just a press release or an article typed by her on Instagram, a video on the creation process, 5 short minutes). Instead we had a collection of nonsense advertisements, she accepted everything and anything as long as the contract that the contract is 8 digits. Not a word about the fans, nothing. Just Gaga and the money.

Sometimes I feel as if she is not managing anything on her side, her team does absolutely everything and she is just a doll who is given the ideas and she applies them if her team seems like it is a good idea but I do not think at this stage of her career that she is deciding nothing.

I think we have to take Chromatica as a simple error of course (it was disappointing for me, it is a concentrate of everything that is more "bad" about her, she clearly did not have the inspiration to this record and even her looks have nothing of Gaga)

2 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

except that's not what i said...i never said they needed to reschedule it, but there were PLENTY of other opportunities for promotion that no-one on her team bothered to do. dua was doing live at home performances...katy was on GMA singing from her garden...the cold truth is that they didn't bother to adapt to the times and scrapped everything instead of trying to work with what they had

??? she was literally pregnant AND doing american idol ......

and my point was, there really wasn't. nobody had any idea what to do, how to do it, it really was a bit of a mess. and, like i said, this album wasn't the only thing that was going on. she had an insanely busy year planned and still had to manage other shxt. this one really wasn't her fault.

4 hours ago, Life said:

I mean I guess you're right...but look what other artists did with their albums (like Dua), you can't tell me that it's all COVID's fault for the lack of promotion of the album while she is continually promoting brands like Tudor, Oreo, Don Perignon etc. ? 

9 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

I mean I guess you're right...but look what other artists did with their albums (like Dua), you can't tell me that it's all COVID's fault for the lack of promotion of the album while she is continually promoting brands like Tudor, Oreo, Don Perignon etc. ? 

of course not, i do agree that she could have done a live stream for sure. however, her schedule for the last year has been a little busier than dua or katy per say.

:w8ing:

if she *just* had the album to promote then yeah, i'd understand it.

3 hours ago, Life said:

of course not, i do agree that she could have done a live stream for sure. however, her schedule for the last year has been a little busier than dua or katy per say.

what exactly has she had to do? no shade just genuinely wondering. i remember watching her documentary for joanne and she was filming american horror story and she got really pissed at the directors cause they kept making her reshoot scenes and she didn't have time to do that cause she had to go promote/work on the album. if you're a musician i feel like your music should come before anything else cause that's your job. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

56 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

?? i could see TEOG being one but the other two? :godlaugh2:

idk where they get their info from but every time i see it it's wrong so i just ignore them

9ISvyf0.gif

1 hour ago, new gods said:

what exactly has she had to do? no shade just genuinely wondering. i remember watching her documentary for joanne and she was filming american horror story and she got really pissed at the directors cause they kept making her reshoot scenes and she didn't have time to do that cause she had to go promote/work on the album. if you're a musician i feel like your music should come before anything else cause that's your job. 

well, hauslabs, Gucci movie, don stuff, tour stuff (although that’s probably out the window now) + other unannounced stuff. Most of the promo for the album for sure wasn’t able to be rescheduled due to everyone’s scheduling going to shxt. she did do a little bit, and hopefully she’ll do a live stream show. she’s not just a musician anymore though, and I think that’s what people forget. she never was, music was just the thing that broke her into mainstream. it is a real shame and I’m disappointed af Chromatica never got its moment fully.

3 hours ago, Life said:

well, hauslabs, Gucci movie, don stuff, tour stuff (although that’s probably out the window now) + other unannounced stuff. Most of the promo for the album for sure wasn’t able to be rescheduled due to everyone’s scheduling going to shxt. she did do a little bit, and hopefully she’ll do a live stream show. she’s not just a musician anymore though, and I think that’s what people forget. she never was, music was just the thing that broke her into mainstream. it is a real shame and I’m disappointed af Chromatica never got its moment fully.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in the thread and that says a lot. She's been in the recording industry for more than half her life and started in her early teens. We literally have scans of a demo CD from that time period.

BzhmW.png

16 hours ago, Life said:

and my point was, there really wasn't. nobody had any idea what to do, how to do it, it really was a bit of a mess. and, like i said, this album wasn't the only thing that was going on. she had an insanely busy year planned and still had to manage other shxt. this one really wasn't her fault.

you are literally just making excuses. nobody knew what to do, yet gaga + her team thought their only option was to scrap everything and do 0 promo, whilst plenty of other artists were being creative and thinking of ways to actually promote and HAVE an era. everyone had shit going on, as i keep telling you, but they continued to do promo, make videos, release content. #

15 hours ago, Life said:

10 hours ago, Life said:

the absolute lies, you really love to just pull ideas out ya ass huh?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

you are literally just making excuses. nobody knew what to do, yet gaga + her team thought their only option was to scrap everything and do 0 promo, whilst plenty of other artists were being creative and thinking of ways to actually promote and HAVE an era. everyone had shit going on, as i keep telling you, but they continued to do promo, make videos, release content. #

the absolute lies, you really love to just pull ideas out ya ass huh?

the facts are there for you to google, hun.

the main point about it is that it was completely unknown territory. by the time people had figured out how to make things work e.g. live streams etc., she was already busy with other projects. not going to repeat myself (again) after this, but, i completely agree it wasn’t managed the best and I’m equally as disappointed, but it’s not her fault. even if it was just fxking get over it sweetie - it’s not like we’re not used to the lack of promo on this forum.